Renting points

NelleBelle

I have a question about the cleaning schedule of the DVC resorts. From what I understood from reading on the boards, for our 10 day stay, we would get full housekeeping on day 4 and towel and trash service on day 8 (actually trash service daily), correct?? What actually happened during our stay at SSR was that we occasionally got daily trash service (hit or miss); on day 4 our housekeeper knocked on our door and we said we would be leaving in 30 minutes and could she please return then? She shoved a large laundry basket in our condo and we fully expected our 2 bedroom unit to be clean when we returned--nope! She left it there, dirty towels still in the tub where we left there for her to replace, bed's unmade, etc, but the trash was emptied!! We called Guest Services and the had the room made up for us the next day. Then on day 8, she did the same thing...laundry basket with a ton of towels and shampoo/soap, paper towels, dish deterrent, etc, which was fine, but she never took the dirty towels away!!! It was the first vacation we've ever taken where we left without tipping 😕

So after all that, my question is, is this a typical experience when you rent points???

nickys

Premium Member
I have a question about the cleaning schedule of the DVC resorts. From what I understood from reading on the boards, for our 10 day stay, we would get full housekeeping on day 4 and towel and trash service on day 8 (actually trash service daily), correct?? What actually happened during our stay at SSR was that we occasionally got daily trash service (hit or miss); on day 4 our housekeeper knocked on our door and we said we would be leaving in 30 minutes and could she please return then? She shoved a large laundry basket in our condo and we fully expected our 2 bedroom unit to be clean when we returned--nope! She left it there, dirty towels still in the tub where we left there for her to replace, bed's unmade, etc, but the trash was emptied!! We called Guest Services and the had the room made up for us the next day. Then on day 8, she did the same thing...laundry basket with a ton of towels and shampoo/soap, paper towels, dish deterrent, etc, which was fine, but she never took the dirty towels away!!! It was the first vacation we've ever taken where we left without tipping 😕

So after all that, my question is, is this a typical experience when you rent points???

No! It shouldn’t be. They do sometimes mix up the schedule, and get the days wrong. But it sounds like she meant to come back and do the room properly but something went wrong. Even for trash and towel they would come round and put all the towels and stuff out etc.

NelleBelle

No! It shouldn’t be. They do sometimes mix up the schedule, and get the days wrong. But it sounds like she meant to come back and do the room properly but something went wrong. Even for trash and towel they would come round and put all the towels and stuff out etc.
Wow, sorry to get back to this almost a month later! The whole thing was bizarre--she handed us the basket each time. When we would walk the hallways, it looked like everyone else had their basket outside the room, waiting for the mousekeeper to come back and do up the rooms. We didn't even get our trash emptied every day like we were supposed to (go figure). Oh well, we survived and I'd definitely rent points again! It was a lovely trip and even though SSR isn't heavy on theming, it was a very beautiful and peaceful property!

NelleBelle

Thanks for the link--it makes your point nicely!! 😀 DH and I really loved the property and I loved the themed pool that was furtherest away from the carriage house (we were right next to it and it was rarely crowded). Unfortunately, DH is now officially "WDW-out" (fingers crossed I can get him to agree to DLR at Christmas when we go to San Diego to visit family) 😛

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom