Renting DVC Points

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The moderate rooms are smaller in total square footage, but they are configured differently. The bedroom area itself is smaller in the studio because of the space dedicated to the bathroom and kitchenette.
For example, a Port Orleans Riverside room is 314 sq ft and AKV studio is 366 sq ft.
To be clear, the "kitchenette" in the studio is a microwave on a counter.

mouse_luv

Just curious, why do you say you would never stay at WDW any other way? Is it mostly because of the cost savings and being able to stay at nicer resort? Or is there also another benefit to it that causes you to say that?

Yes for the most part. I was able to split my time between AKV-Kidani and SSR last Autumn and LOVED it! And for 2-3K less than Disney was charging rack rate for the same room or similar rooms. If you want to know more or have any questions, let me know (PM me). I didn't go thru Davids, but they are certainly reputable.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Every room has a sink, coffee maker, and refrigerator. So basically a microwave and a toaster.
Not every room has an extra sink. They have a sink in the bathroom area , but do not have the extra kitchenette sink , and not every standard hotel room has refrigerators either on property. Most do but not all. I know friends that had to request a small refrigerator at the resorts. :)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yes for the most part. I was able to split my time between AKV-Kidani and SSR last Autumn and LOVED it! And for 2-3K less than Disney was charging rack rate for the same room or similar rooms. If you want to know more or have any questions, let me know (PM me). I didn't go thru Davids, but they are certainly reputable.
When was this? There are large chunks of the year when $3K at DAKL IS rack rate, let alone paying $3K BELOW rack rate.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Not every room has an extra sink. They have a sink in the bathroom area , but do not have the extra kitchenette sink , and not every standard hotel room has refrigerators either on property. Most do but not all. I know friends that had to request a small refrigerator at the resorts. :)
I THINK that's outdated. I know the extra sink is correct but I belive the rollout of refrigerators to every room is complete.

mouse_luv

When was this? There are large chunks of the year when $3K at DAKL IS rack rate, let alone paying $3K BELOW rack rate.

I'm not going to sit here and dispute what I paid on vacation thru DVC rental and what rack rate is all times of the year. I know this, since I do my homework. Plus, what exactly was paid by my DBF and I and when we went is no ones business. Not being rude, but sorry not disclosing this info.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm not going to sit here and dispute what I paid on vacation thru DVC rental and what rack rate is all times of the year. I know this, since I do my homework. Plus, what exactly was paid by my DBF and I and when we went is no ones business. Not being rude, but sorry not disclosing this info.
:eek:

I was mostly just curious but your extremely defensive freak-out now has me highly questioning your already dubious claims of saving $3,000 on a $2,600 room.

mouse_luv

:eek:

I was mostly just curious but your extremely defensive freak-out now has me highly questioning your already dubious claims of saving $3,000 on a $2,600 room.

Theres no extremely defensive freak out. Some people don't feel the need to blab crap all over the place. I also never said that I stayed at only AKV on my stay (you said that). Also, I said 2-3k and you continued to misquote me to make it work for you. Did you go on vacation with me? Did you rent points with me for the amount of time I did at the rate I did? No. So stop making it sound like you know exactly how it worked.

I was here kindly trying to help answer the OP's question and maybe save them $ and you want to dispute the way peoples individual vacations that you had nothing to do with shook out. Wow. Just wow. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mousehockey37

You do know that David's isn't the only place that rents points, correct? Just because we're not allowed to mention others, doesn't mean they don't exist.

You do know that DVC members can rent their points individually for whatever $/point they want right?

EOD K9

I have rented points directly to posters on this site and everyone involved walked away happy. He got to see what DVC is like (he ended up buying) and I was able to finance my cruises. Everybody wins!! My wife and I have stayed in studios and 1BRs. The studio is big enough for the wife and I plus my daughters. There was enough room for two Pack n Plays. I am not a fan of the studios at OKW but the 1BR was great. In a few years I will need a 1BR for all of us though.

lostpro9het

We've rented from two different reputable vendors as well as from some reputable members. Maybe we've just been lucky but we've had nothing but great experiences. In the beginning I was very nervous about it which is why I went to the vendors, just felt more secure, but then found some great members who are more than trustworthy and now prefer to deal with them first.

I have rented points directly to posters on this site and everyone involved walked away happy. He got to see what DVC is like (he ended up buying) and I was able to finance my cruises. Everybody wins!!
THIS!!

IMO, buying into DVC is a substantial investment and shouldn't be rushed. We didn't want to finance so we saved for a bit while testing the waters. We wanted to experience as many DVC resorts before buying so we could make an informed purchase. You'd be surprised as to what you think you'd like over what you actually like, we were! On paper we thought for sure BLT or BWV would be our home resort but after staying there as well as OKW, SSR, BCV, and AKL we were surprise that neither were in the top two of our list! We fell head over heals in love with AKL, with BCV coming in second. Since then we have made an offer on an AKL contract, passed ROFR, and now just wait on our closing paperwork once estoppel clears!

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
We've rented from two different reputable vendors as well as from some reputable members. Maybe we've just been lucky but we've had nothing but great experiences. In the beginning I was very nervous about it which is why I went to the vendors, just felt more secure, but then found some great members who are more than trustworthy and now prefer to deal with them first.

THIS!!

IMO, buying into DVC is a substantial investment and shouldn't be rushed. We didn't want to finance so we saved for a bit while testing the waters. We wanted to experience as many DVC resorts before buying so we could make an informed purchase. You'd be surprised as to what you think you'd like over what you actually like, we were! On paper we thought for sure BLT or BWV would be our home resort but after staying there as well as OKW, SSR, BCV, and AKL we were surprise that neither were in the top two of our list! We fell head over heals in love with AKL, with BCV coming in second. Since then we have made an offer on an AKL contract, passed ROFR, and now just wait on our closing paperwork once estoppel clears!
Cool! Welcome home!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom