Renting DVC points confusion

Weather_Lady

I have friends who never rent because 1 bedrooms are never cheaper than renting (their words). They told me costs once and I was surprised, but it's been known for quite a few years.
Glad you mentioned this! I don't think the 1BR disparity is well-known except to owners or frequent points renters.

We always rent points for studios or 2BRs and save 30-50% off the Disney rack rate. 1BRs "cost" so many more points proportionally that they're rarely much of a deal.

correcaminos

Glad you mentioned this! I don't think the 1BR disparity is well-known except to owners or frequent points renters.

We always rent points for studios or 2BRs and save 30-50% off the Disney rack rate. 1BRs "cost" so many more points proportionally that they're rarely much of a deal.
Yep, I learned this maybe 10 years ago. 1 bedroom renting is often an extremely poor value. Friend also reminded me with Disney they got daily service pre-covid too and better cancelation policies. Really not worth a rent unless distressed points.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Was looking at renting points 11/12 - 11/18.
Also consider that your dates are not yet discounted by Disney. Eventually they'll release discounts that cover your days and that'll knock the Disney price down even more.

As was said, it's worth price comparing one bedrooms specifically. They're the most difficult for DVC to fill with member points so they'll likely also the most difficult to fill with cash.

Schweino

Original Poster
It's sad, but the only reason I like the 1BR's is because my wife is a big fan of the jetted tub - something we can't fit into our bathrooms in our home *cry*

Phonedave

It's sad, but the only reason I like the 1BR's is because my wife is a big fan of the jetted tub - something we can't fit into our bathrooms in our home *cry*

They make jetted tubs that fit into the space of a standard tub. My wife is a big fan of jetted tubs too. I put one in about 10 years ago.

Not for nothing, "public" jetted tubs - kinda nasty.

CaptainAmerica

If it’s the major rental site I’m thinking then it does look like they dropped a fair bit recently.

I rented out some AKV points late last year and got $18 pp and now they are only offering $14 pp. slight gutting as I was planning to rent a load out to cover one of their cruise swaps but it’s going to cost me a fair bit more

Poor old Key west owners are only getting $12
Wow I'm still getting $20 for Aulani on Facebook.

correcaminos

If it’s the major rental site I’m thinking then it does look like they dropped a fair bit recently.

I rented out some AKV points late last year and got $18 pp and now they are only offering $14 pp. slight gutting as I was planning to rent a load out to cover one of their cruise swaps but it’s going to cost me a fair bit more

Poor old Key west owners are only getting $12
Not sure where you are seeing that for OKW. I've only rented to family and a friend a handful of times. And never have I seen $12 unless distressed points. Even David's is giving $16 for OKW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom