Renting a Car?

Ind.Firefighter

Original Poster
Hey there I am going to be going to Disney for my Honeymoon from May10-17 and I was thinking about renting a car for a day and driving to the ocean and/or wanting to go to Kennedy Space center....would like imput and ideas and what not! Thanks

Rob562

The Car Care Center and the Dolphin both have Alamo and National rental counters. The CCC location will send out a van to pick you up at your hotel, and then drop you off when you return it. It'll even drop you off at one of the parks, if you want. (I've heard that they can arrange to have the van service for the Dolphin location if you really need it, but I have no confirmation of anyone using it)
Typically I've found that Alamo has the better rates, but it can be worth it to shop both.

If you want to use another company, some of the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd (near Downtown Disney) have rental desks, but I don't know if there are shuttles available. If it's a nice day, you can use a Disney bus to go to the Marketplace and then walk from there. (The farthest hotel is the Doubletree, and that's about 8/10 mile from the Marketplace bus stops)

Alamo/National has an additional location at the Buena Vista Palace.
Avis is at the Hilton.
Budget is at the Doubletree.
Dollar is at the Regal Sun (formerly the Gosvenor).
Enterprise has a location near Disney property. It's not walkable, but they do advertise their "we'll pick you up" on TV all the time.

If you want to rent the car in one location and drop it off at another (like the airport, or if you want to rent at the CCC and drop off at the Dolphin), it's Florida law that they cannot charge you a drop fee or for a one-way rental, as long as the pickup and drop-off are both within Florida.

Check mousesavers.com for discount codes and coupons. If you belong to AAA or a warehouse club like Sam's Club or BJ's, they often have discount codes and coupons, too.

Lastly, after you make your reservation, keep checking back on the website every few weeks. You'll often see prices drop, so you can then book the new rate and cancel the old one. (I've been able to drop my rental with Alamo by 30% because I kept checking back, and it'd go down $8 here, $15 there...)

-Rob

SAV

Remember it will be spring break at that time so be ready for that if you go to the Beach. It gets kinda crazy and crowded with kids. Parking may be hard to find. You may have to walk a bit to get to the beach. And try to make your beach day during the week. It is a little less crowded.

I would suggest heading west to Clearwater Beach. They have
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sunsets at Pier 60
.Pier 60, Clearwater Beach (727) 449-1036. Artisans, street performers, musicians and more perform two hours before sunset and two hours after. Daily Festival; 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. every night. Artisians must display their own hand crafted work. www.sunsetsatpier60.com
[/FONT]

It is very cool and the beach is beautiful. Miles of white sand to take a long romantic walk. If you go there, eat at the Palm Pavilion which is North of Pier 60. Great Food and Great Atmosphere. It's worth waiting for an outside table.

twindad3797

one way rental

So if I rent from Alamo at MCO I can drop off at Alamo on WDW property with no penalty ? That would be great . I have a rental with Alamo in June that I got through priceline and would love to use DME for the ride back to MCO.

Rob562

So if I rent from Alamo at MCO I can drop off at Alamo on WDW property with no penalty ? That would be great . I have a rental with Alamo in June that I got through priceline and would love to use DME for the ride back to MCO.

You may have to book it that way when you make the reservation. I don't know if you can just randomly drop it off without pre-arrangement. (And as you booked through Priceline, it may not be alterable)

The times I've picked up or dropped off in different places I've always made the reservation that way.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom