Renting a car for the day

dnswalker

My hubby and I are going to be staying at the Contemporary Resort in Sept. We are planning on renting a car for one day to go on a grocery run. After much consideration of different options to get groceries (towncar from the Airport that could make a grocery stop, taxi, shipping in a package, and other wonderful suggestions found on this forum) we have decided the rental car really would suit us best.

Does anyone have experience doing this from the Contemporary. From what I understand rental cars are available at the Dolphin as well as the Car Care Center. I know that we can take Disney transportation, and with a couple of transfers, make our way to and from the Dolphin. But is there a shuttle or other Disney transportation that gets us to the Car Care Center and back? We are looking for the easiest and most cost effective way to make this happen.

Thanks in advance for all of the wonderful insight I am sure we are about to receive!!!

slappy magoo

Just bear in mind, if you're only renting this car for one day, just to do grocery shopping, it's not just money that's a factor, but time. You are going to have to deal with however long the process takes to rent the car, from getting to the car care center from your resort, to having them break down your rental agreement, try to get you to add on options you might not want, and possibly having to schlep a bit to get to your car. There may also be some time needed to return the car and get a ride back to your resort. Do you want to spend that precious vacation time going through that rigamarole when you can just hire a taxi or car service and have them pick you up when you want, know where you're going and wait to pick you up.

With all the other options you've explored, have you thought about using a service like gardengrocer to fill your order and deliver to your resort?

There are also some markets that will fill your order that you email or fax to them, so you can drive there in a taxi and not go through the trouble of shopping. It's already boxed and/or bagged, all you have to do is pay (if there's no option to prepay) and get back in the cab. THis way, you're not paying for a cabbie to stand and wait while you do your business.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom