Rental Car Rates in Orlando

pumba100

We're making an 8-day trip to WDW in April and have found that rental car rates are over $700 for every major rental company except Dollar and Enterprise. They are $122 and $196 respectively. This is for a full size car.

This is one of those things that appears to be too good to be true. I have to wonder what the catch is. What's wrong with these two companies that prompts them to rent a car for a quarter of the price of everyone else?

Mawg

I'm not a big fan of Enterprise but I'm a rewards member with Dollar and use them everywhere and have rented with Dollar at MCO. Dollar has always worked out fine for me and has very close to the same service at Hertz, Avis ect.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

We're making an 8-day trip to WDW in April and have found that rental car rates are over $700 for every major rental company except Dollar and Enterprise. They are $122 and $196 respectively. This is for a full size car.

This is one of those things that appears to be too good to be true. I have to wonder what the catch is. What's wrong with these two companies that prompts them to rent a car for a quarter of the price of everyone else?
We always use Enterprise. We are using them in April, but we are renting a van from our home round trip. Our rate is close to 600.00 for a week and the Park and Go insurance that protects us if we have a wreck and it puts the van out of commission. Most people don't realize that their insurance will not pay for the rental fee the company would have gotten if it had not been out of service. This can be ridiculously high. We have full coverage insurance, but the deductible is much higher than the extra insurance. Enterprise has one of the lowest add-ons.
If you have AAA, you can look up there rate for the same car and Enterprise will meet it. Well, ours does.

Upvote 0

SAV

BOOK IT!!!

Car Rentals can be cancelled any time without penalty, so grab the rate and research it later. Rates seem to drop the closer you get to the rental, so maybe Dollar and Enterprise have dropped already while the others haven't yet.

As for your question about those companies. I have used Dollar before and they are just fine.

Upvote 0

Mawg

We always use Enterprise. We are using them in April, but we are renting a van from our home round trip. Our rate is close to 600.00 for a week and the Park and Go insurance that protects us if we have a wreck and it puts the van out of commission. Most people don't realize that their insurance will not pay for the rental fee the company would have gotten if it had not been out of service. This can be ridiculously high. We have full coverage insurance, but the deductible is much higher than the extra insurance. Enterprise has one of the lowest add-ons.
If you have AAA, you can look up there rate for the same car and Enterprise will meet it. Well, ours does.

You should also check with your credit card company as some credit cards if you use it for the rental will cover any additional charges due to an accident that your insurance does not cover.

Upvote 0

wendysue

I booked the rental car ahead with Disney and then had ME take us from the airport to the resort. The rental comp. picked us up at our room and took us to the car care center to get a car. It was not as expensive as getting one at the airport. We only needed it for 3 days of our trip.

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

Nothing wrong with either of those 2 companies. I've used them both in the past. I have been watching rates for a while now for our May trip and have booked, cancelled and re-booked several times. I just re-booked a couple days ago with Dollar when I saw the rates drop. Book it!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

It's not too good to be true. Sometimes you can get a steal on a car rental, especially if you use discount codes for AAA, Costco, etc. I've used Enterprise with no problem at all, although we usually get the best deal with Alamo.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

You should also check with your credit card company as some credit cards if you use it for the rental will cover any additional charges due to an accident that your insurance does not cover.
I did. There is just so much they cover. With my luck, I don't want to take the chance.
I'm always the "one" who something happens to. I have a health problem right now that is extremely rare. It gives me peace of mind. It's worth the extra 16.99 a day.
That's not even snack money.

Upvote 0

Lucyred

I have car booked with Enterprise for $158 for a week the end of April. I am super happy with that. I did just post in my thread about the rental car that I got a promo code from Payless Car Rent for 15% off, its MEAK3H.

I have also used Dollar Rental previously and had no problems!

Upvote 0

Monicka Butzin

I don't particulary care for Enterprise and I have never rented from Dollar. You can also research rentals on sites like cheaptickets.com, hotwire.com, and rentalcars.com. I personally like either Avis or Alamo.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I don't like Enterprise either, I love Alamo cause you pick your car and can skip the counter, but if the deal is that good take it. Just make sure it's the Airport location for pick up

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I did. There is just so much they cover. With my luck, I don't want to take the chance.
I'm always the "one" who something happens to. I have a health problem right now that is extremely rare. It gives me peace of mind. It's worth the extra 16.99 a day.
That's not even snack money.
You do not need that insurance

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I usually can get a rental at ANY of the major rental companies for under 150 for 8 days for an economy or compact That's been in both early May and late September.

This year is a different story, I'm seeing prices starting at about 2-3 times as much as that.
We've rented from Dollar, Budget, Hertz, Avis, Enterprise..so and so on...some cars have been a little more 'beat" than others but as long as I can pick it up at the airport without taking a shuttle I don't care.

If you got a deal for 120.00 for a week...Hop on it ASAP

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I usually can get a rental at ANY of the major rental companies for under 150 for 8 days for an economy or compact That's been in both early May and late Septembe

This year is a different story, I'm seeing prices starting at about 2-3 times as much as that.
We've rented from Dollar, Budget, Hertz, Avis, Enterprise..so and so on...some cars have been a little more 'beat" than others but as long as I can pick it up at the airport without taking a shuttle I don't care.

If you got a deal for 120.00 for a week...Hop on it ASAP
It has been tough. U know I got a 225 rate plus tax(which is like 100 bucks more) for a premium rental at alamo, It was cheaper than the econo cars,,, wierd only was like that for one day though
UPDATE: Alamo dropped their car prices too, I just a midsize with a free upgrade to standard for 175 total(including fees and taxes).
The standard and fullsize are the same at MCO right?

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

It has been tough. U know I got a 225 rate plus tax(which is like 100 bucks more) for a premium rental at alamo, It was cheaper than the econo cars,,, wierd only was like that for one day though
UPDATE: Alamo dropped their car prices too, I just a midsize with a free upgrade to standard for 175 total(including fees and taxes).
The standard and fullsize are the same at MCO right?
Well that's good to see the prices are dropping a bit.

I'm not 100 percent certain if the full size and the standard are the same at the MCO - but I always thought that was the case.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Well that's good to see the prices are dropping a bit.

I'm not 100 percent certain if the full size and the standard are the same at the MCO - but I always thought that was the case.
Yeah that same car was going for about 200 more two days ago. From what I am reading they are the same. Last time we got lucky and were able to get a Chevy Traverse in the fullsize section.

Upvote 0

Tigger 68

We are going to Disney in July then driving to Tampa to see family and flying out of TPA. I asked Disney if the Magical Express would take us back to MCO even though we don't have a departing flight for I could pick up a rental Car. Disney let me know that the Dolphin Hotel has a Alamo and National Car rental desk inside the hotel. I priced out the difference between picking up at the Dolphin vs MCO and almost in every category of car the savings was atleast $300 picking the car up at the Dolphin.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We are going to Disney in July then driving to Tampa to see family and flying out of TPA. I asked Disney if the Magical Express would take us back to MCO even they we don't have a departing flight for I could pick up a rental Car. Disney let me know that the Dolphin Hotel has a Alamo and National Car rental desk inside the hotel. I priced out the difference between picking up at the Dolphin vs MCO and almost in every category of car the savings was atleast $300 picking the car up at the Dolphin.
The difference was 300 bucks more at the Dolphin or 300 bucks less?
I'm assuming less..yes?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom