Rental Car Questions

chuckd

First of all, I'm 21 and want to rent a car. I'm pretty sure most(all) rental services will allow this but with an additional charge. I was wondering if there are any companies that DON'T charge an extra fee. I was also wondering which rental agency was usually the cheapest. I know I can get proce quotes, I was just wondering if there is a certain company that is usually cheaper than the others.

Thanks

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Alamo and Dollar are usually the cheapest... to avoid the under 25 fee though, you're gonna have to go away from the airport.... FAR away from the airport. Look for International Car Rental on International Drive. They are the only place I know of that rents to under 25 without a penalty.

If you're willing to suffer the penalty though, price out Enterprise. With penalty included, I've found them to be the cheapest

Upvote 0

pescador1f

Credit

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CREDIT CARD FOR ALL COMPANIES EXCEPT HERTZ, THEY WILL TAKE DEBIT. I DONT BELIEVE IN CREDIT CARDS ANYMORE & THIS WAS A PROBLEM FOR ME , NOT MY AGE. I RENTED A CAR FROM HERTZ TO DRIVE DOWN FROM N.J., HAD THE CAR FOR 9 DAYS & ONLY COST ME LIKE $350, A BRAND NEW MUSTANG AT THAT. IF YOU HAVE AAA, GOOD DISCOUNT AS WELL.:drevil:

Upvote 0

rjwalter

Cheapest

L&M Rental Car is always one of the cheapest at the airport. I think the only way to get a better deal is possiably renting from a company not at the airport.

I just used L&M in January and they were very good. I have used dollar before and they are good and very cheap also.

Upvote 0

Nikel

pescador1f said:
YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CREDIT CARD FOR ALL COMPANIES EXCEPT HERTZ, THEY WILL TAKE DEBIT. I DONT BELIEVE IN CREDIT CARDS ANYMORE & THIS WAS A PROBLEM FOR ME , NOT MY AGE. I RENTED A CAR FROM HERTZ TO DRIVE DOWN FROM N.J., HAD THE CAR FOR 9 DAYS & ONLY COST ME LIKE $350, A BRAND NEW MUSTANG AT THAT. IF YOU HAVE AAA, GOOD DISCOUNT AS WELL.:drevil:

My dh and I rented from Avis last year with a debit card. At our local airport, all of them except Alamo accept debit cards actually, so it may very based on where you are.

Upvote 0

jsfra209

pescador1f said:

No... Alamo takes debit cards as well.

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
pescador1f said:
shhhhh...

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
The debit card issue comes into play with the fact that they're holding funds. Any of them can take a debit card, but they're gonna hold anywhere from $300+, which is going to show as a charge on your end. They say only a credit card to save any trouble and potential conflict while your bank takes up to 2 weeks to release those funds that they held to secure their car.

With a line of credit, the funds are released automatically, or the very next day depending on some factors. With an actualy checking account, the funds can take quite a bit longer. I'd rather have them play with fake money (line of credit) than real money (checking account)

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

pescador1f said:

Alamo took debit, we just used them earlier this month. It's best to use one that has the Visa/Mastercard logo (which I think most do) so you can have it as a credit card charge instead of a debit charge.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom