Rent or bring our stroller?

MOXOMUMD

I can't see paying a rental to use something I already own. As for the convenience, yes, you'd want to have access to your stroller all the time because as many have mentioned, at the end of a long day, you don't want to have to carry your purse, baby bag, the souvenir popcorn container you bought, the balloon he/she just had to have PLUS a sleeping child.
Oh amen to that! I always took my own stroller and NEVER had a problem. Just knowing I wouldn't have to carry my daughter from the park's gate all the way to the bus area was worth it.

mickeysbrother

Bring your own. Kids are more comfortable in it. Disneys are hard plastic. Not built for comfort. Plus you save more money, and your child will enjoy you pushing them at night from the bus to the room.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

I am pretty sure it is $31 for a double stroller for a day, we used to rent a stroller at the park when it was cheaper. Once prices raised we just got a $25 stroller from a store and that worked pretty well.

Moedutton

We have always rented from Orland Stroller Rentals. It's usually around $125 (double stroller) for seven days. It has always been at the hotel/house upon our arrival and leaving it behind at the desk has not been an issue either. We chose to do it because we did not have a double stroller and didn't want to pack two strollers for the trip. The rental stroller was really light and very easy to maneuver.

Personal choice I guess!

Gig 'Em Mickey

We used KingdomStrollers.com last time. Will use them again this time. $60 for a week. Strong durable foldable stroller, very high quality. They deliver and pick up from your resort. Will never go back to bringing our own again, and theirs are WAY better than the parks.

chdice

My vote is for Kingdom Strollers too. They were great! I would never rent the in-park strollers. We actually packed our City Mini for my daughter's first trip, but that was unnecessary. Rented a City Elite Double from KS two years ago when our twin boys came along. Experience was great. That stroller was just too big and heavy (it's been discontinued now anyway). We are going to go with the City Mini GT Double this trip. I think it will cost around $100 for 8 nights. Well worth it in my opinion.

HRHPrincessAriel

Are most of you that rent driving? I don't know what I would do without the stroller in the airport...granted I only have one kid but I can't imagine spending the $ to rent when I could just easily buy a brand new one for even less.

Penelope

Hands down avoid the stress and wear (or disrepair) to be placed on your own stroller and leave it home go with Kingdom Strollers. https://www.kingdomstrollers.com

I agree with those above on the comfort of the stroller, and also the affordability. It was right there waiting for us when we checked into the resort hotel and drop off was through our hotel ( the hotel will coordinate w/ the company to return it for you - another perk/plus!) And if you wish to park hop, you just leave w/it so basically its "your own stroller" during your stay at WDW. Great company.

yaksplat

I've flown and drove (from buffalo, NY) and I'll always rent a stroller from kingdom strollers. They're cheap, convenient, and a whole lot nicer than our stroller at home.

sissa216

I see now that this thread is a few weeks old- but I've already typed all this out ;)

I also recommend Kingdom Strollers! We used them and have had fantastic service.

The reason we rent is because I have seen too many people have their strollers damaged by airlines, with no replacement or reimbursement. They arrive, find their stroller broken, and are out of luck. Most airlines state that they won't cover stroller damage like they do luggage. Check out Southwest's policy here:
"Southwest Airlines will not assume liability for damage to strollers, CRSs or car seats"

We have City Mini at home, and while it is not the most expensive one on the market, it is still a few hundred dollars.

Plus, the options to rent are very nice, comfortable, and portable (we rent the City Mini, just like we own- and it folds up in a second, very compact).

Last year, we tried out Apple strollers, and had a bad experience. I wouldn't rent from or recommend them again.

One more thing to add: we have found that our son loves to be out exploring instead of in the stroller (starting just before 2 years old). We tend to leave it parked at an attraction central in the park while we let him walk for the day, planning to be back to pick it up just before nap time. Then it's great to let him nap while we leisurely walk around for an hour or two, grabbing a snack and people watching.

mammaminnie

We are bringing our own this winter. In addition to not having to take a sleeping baby out at the end of the day to return it to the park, you can use it if you resort hop etc. I know lots of people have used the rental companies outside of Disney and loved them, but I can't justify renting one when we own a Maclaren that folds up quickly and is easy to travel with. Not to mention, they can be nice in the aiports for layovers etc :)

Weather_Lady

I'm not sure of the age of your child(ren), but one "tip" I've seen elsewhere for toddlers is simply to buy a cheap, $20 umbrella stroller online (preferably from a site with free shipping) and have it shipped to your resort a couple of days ahead of your arrival (directed to your resort, but with your name and expected arrival date on the label). Use it during your stay, and at the end you can try to fly back with it, mail it to yourself, or simply give it to another arriving family as a gift.

Sparkle81

Another vote for Kingdom Strollers here!
Stroller was waiting for us at SSR when we arrived. Perfect condition, and excellent quality stroller. My DS was very comfortable in it, and we found it easy to put up/down. For us travelling across the Atlantic, it was worth every penny for the convenience.

mmnw

We rent the stroller from the outside companies. They deliver them to your hotel. Waiting for you when you arrive. Drop them off on your last day.

Mine have always been clean. We have tried two different vendors and have rented about 4 times.

The strollers we rent are the strollers we own. I think they are awesome.

My kids are old enough we don't need them at the airport. I know what happens to strollers and car seats at the airports and I don't bring them for that purpose alone.

We are not on a ton of buses where we need to fold them. It can be a challenge but disney caters to kids so it's not like people can get that made at you. It's easier on a boat or monorail where you rarely need to collapse it.

Depending on where you are staying, keeping the stroller in your room can be tight unless you fold it up. I think there is more room in the moderate or deluxe rooms to keep upright. I've seen people leave their scooters outside their room all night. And , if you get stroller insurance and are on a quiet wing you might be able to do the same.

I love love love the way the city minis maneuver. I can turn with one hand. They also have excellent sunshades. Make sure you get a rain cover and it's all good!

Lance

We'll be on our third trip with our 17 month old son.

We take our Britax B-agile, its light weight, folds up in 2 seconds, love the thing. We fly southwest, gate check, so convenient for the airport, and we always rent a car.

kimberlymautz

Depends. My parents take on it was that bringing our own stroller when we were younger (youngest being three) was perfect because it could hold more, was more comfortable, and it didn't cost anything! Plus, you want it almost everywhere, not just the parks, when you have little kids with you and you're walking a lot. After that they just rented as needed because for the most part we could just walk around, but if we knew we were going to Epcot or Magic Kingdom we always had the stroller just in case.

lebeau

We have done both. We used to bring our own. But after one fateful trip, we switched to renting. The price hurts, but it was well worth it for us.

Loading and unloading a double stroller, lugging it on and off buses, etc was a major pain. But then one day it was out in a storm while we were in a pavilion unaware it was raining. We came out to a soaking wet stroller. Since we had an infant and a wet stroller, we were pretty much done for the day. If we had rented, we could have just swapped out for a dry stroller.

The downside of renting is obviously the price. And you will be without a stroller while you are outside the parks.

If I were driving and going through parking lots, I'd bring my own. But flying and using Disney transportation, it's definitely more convenient to rent.

cbettua

I have two kids, 3 and 4 and I bring. I prefer my own stroller and this year I upgraded from my double mclaren to the double city mini. It turns like a dream and one handed.

My point, bring your own, they will be way more comfortable for your child.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom