Rent a stroller or bring own for 4 and 8yr olds

hiptwinmama

I understand that everyone has their own opinions and different ways of parenting. I was simply asking if it was worth it to rent a stroller or bring my own. We went to Disney when our 8yr old was 5 and she used the stroller a lot at that time. I don't expect her to use it all day every day during this trip but I know there will be times when she will want to use it. If my child is tired, I am not going to make her keep walking. We are from cooler temps as well so the heat can be a bit much sometimes too.

I have seen many older children in strollers at Disney. Personally, I would rather my child be in the stroller instead of throwing a tantrum and crying because she's too tired to walk any further.
Thank you for your opinions though!

My thought is I would rent one, that way you don't have to deal with the headache of getting a stroller on or off a bus/monorail. We try to start each day without a stroller, but we leave the option open. I'm with you it gives them a way to rest and allows them to last longer in the parks.

melinda525

I am in favor of bringing a stroller for kids and yes even to age 8! Mine are much younger but even though they don't use them the whole time, they are fantastic at night! My husband and I might not want to go back to the hotel to bed at 8pm so we let the kids rest and usually fall asleep in them at night and stay til closing. It doesn't mean your children can't walk. It is great to have happy well rested kids:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom