reneweing a annual pass question

yoda_5729

Original Poster
Hi..:wave: ..my father has an annual pass to WDW and was wondering...if we were to renew it, would it start when he renews it, or when he first actuallyuses it. The reason I ask is we live in Illinois, and usually only go down in December. The annual pass however expires in May.....so would we be able to renew the pass but activate it in December, so we can get two trips worth out of it.....just curious.

Any responses would be appreciated...thanks :) :sohappy:

wcox377492

Unfortunately the rules changes a few years ago. You used to be able to renew when you went, however now, the renewal time period starts when the old one expired

JPVonDrake

yoda_5729 said:
Hi..:wave: ..my father has an annual pass to WDW and was wondering...if we were to renew it, would it start when he renews it, or when he first actuallyuses it. The reason I ask is we live in Illinois, and usually only go down in December. The annual pass however expires in May.....so would we be able to renew the pass but activate it in December, so we can get two trips worth out of it.....just curious.

Any responses would be appreciated...thanks :) :sohappy:

I'll be happy to answer your question.

If you renew your pass to take advantage of the renewal price savings, (Adult - $375.00 / Child 330.00 plus tax) then your new pass will activate on the date your old pass expires regardless of when you used it for the first time. Based on your example, your pass would start May 2006 and expire May 2007.

If you simply purchase a new pass (Adult - $415.00 / Child - $365.00 plus tax) you will receive an exchange voucher. You exchange the voucher to activate your pass when you next visit Walt Disney World. Again, based on your example, your pass would start in Dec 2006 and expire in Dec 2007.

You need to weight whether you want to save $40 now or 6 months of use later.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom