Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure???

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Have I heard it’s gonna have a boarding pass system like Rise does? Please, please, please tell me that’s NOT gonna be the case!

JIMINYCR

Its going to anger a lot of guests who like RoTR will try and fail to get a Boarding Group. I can understand Disneys wanting to control excessive lines and massive guest crowding/waiting to get on a new attraction, but it causes a lot of frustration and bitter feelings.

J4546

when they eventually role out that pay to skip the lines line, like they have already done in paris, will you still need a boarding pass for rides or can you just pay and skip the line?

Kamikaze

Its going to anger a lot of guests who like RoTR will try and fail to get a Boarding Group. I can understand Disneys wanting to control excessive lines and massive guest crowding/waiting to get on a new attraction, but it causes a lot of frustration and bitter feelings.
Its the same as showing up at say 10am and being told the line is 6 hours and you're no longer able to join it.

Lady Liberty

We always go in Jan into early Feb which used to be a slower time of year and it took us three different trips to get on the seven dwarfs mine train. The kicker is that to me the ride was just ok, not amazing so I don't understand why it was so hard to get on...

We have three trips under our belt and still haven't gotten on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance....at this rate I may never get to ride this one. I wasn't thrilled with Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run after waiting two trips to ride and waiting in a very long line. I won't be riding this one again, not worth the wait to me.

I will be disappointed if I can't ride this new ride. I've been watching them building it for a few years now, I like the movie and really want to go on the ride. I hope I get lucky this coming Jan.

That being said if we have to pay extra to ride you will still have to do some waiting and there may not be enough tickets to go around. Depending on the price I might consider for a one time thing just to see if the ride is worth the time and effort to get on.

The Empress Lilly

At least RAT has fairly decent capacity, a unicum in modern Imagineering. (Which attracts designers more interested in their flashy portfolio than in guest experience. As parks have become overcrowded, design lost interest in per hour capacity, never mind in performing some actual magical imagineering by increasing it)

Under capacity rides are easily monetised with division into important front of line surcharge guests vs unimportant back of the line pigs (your family).

RAT's relatively high capacity can be kept scarce by limiting further rides in EPCOT. In this sense it's a curse in disguise.

nickys

Premium Member
It’s been confirmed now that it will have a BG system, with no standby. You’ll also be able to buy a Lightening Pass for it.

But I don’t see the BGs being nearly as difficult to get as for Rise.

Now you can get up early to see that slots are gone in less than 10 seconds. Not really a selling point. Went on the rat ride in Paris on a standby line with no problem. They need to make some improvements to the BG system before inflicting it on more people.

ppete1975

how is capacity in paris.. i assume its better than rise. Honestly boarding groups arent horrible in theory, if capacity is good. Even though i hate to admit it because im anti phone in park.

nickys

Premium Member
Has anyone missed there bg befor for Remy? Do they let you in later? Or are we sol?
I think there have always been plenty left at the 1pm drop. I know a few people who missed out at 7am and got one for later easily, even trying at 4pm. You should be fine.

JIMINYCR

DS got on at 7am and we got aq Ratt boarding immediately with no problem. His friend who didnt want to be bothered to get up as early got a BG at 1:00 for later in the day easily. I think it was about 2:30 there was an announcement made that all BG had been filled. So you still have to be quick about getting one if you want to ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom