Removal of Spacehip Earth Possible?

astewart

DarkMeasures said:
Well, it could be done at night.

No it couldn't, becuase then they'd have to do everything in one night. You cant start a major construction project and have cranes, supports, building materials out of the way everyday... it would take all night just to setup the cranes. Even if they did, and they didn't work on it in the day time, they likely still wouldn't let you walk under it, as it's a construction zone, and things could fall or break etc etc...

trdisneyfan

WDWTestDummy said:
i hope they dont do anything to SE, it just needs a bit of an update
Yeah, like padded seats:cool: . Man, that downhill return has not gotten any more comfortable as I've grown in height and weight over the years (I was 4 when SSE opened).

And I agree, removing the SSE ball would be tantamount to removing the castle from MK. And isn't the hat at MGM there specifically to mask the removal of the Chinese Theater?

WDFAN1977

Building a roller coaster inside of SSE. Though SSE is quite large, is it large enough to hold a roller coaster? I am not an engineer, but I say no. The only way a roller coaster could go inside SSE is if some of the track actually came out of the sphere and if that is the case their would be only one word to describe it, TACKY!

brkgnews

no2apprentice said:
Really? Let's talk WDW...

Haunted Mansion...............33 years
Jungle Cruise.....................33 years
Country Bear Jamboree........33 years
Space Mountain.................29 years
Carousel of Progress............32 years
Snow White's Adventure......33 years
It's a Small World................33 years
Peter Pan's Flight................33 years
Big Thunder Mountain..........24 years
DisneyLAND railroad -- 50 years soon. ;)

Lee

Adventurer
WDFAN1977 said:
Though SSE is quite large, is it large enough to hold a roller coaster?

Yep. Plenty big. It's been done before on a coaster called Eurosat.

However...this is NOT gonna happen to SE. Never was.
Updates to the attraction are becoming quite likely, but as Grizz said, nothing too drastic.

As for the matter of closing the park due to the construction...not necessary. The logistics of a refurbishment for SE were looked into some time ago. The disruption of traffic flow would be accomodated by closing one side of the path under the sphere. A temporary eyesore...yep. But it could be done.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
head2toewinner said:
I am just posting what I have heard.

my grandfather always told me (after 50 years in the newspaper business) Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you read.

just thought id throw that out there..................... so believe half of that. :p

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
head2toewinner said:
No the actual structure would remain but they are thinking of removing the track. I met the imagineer at www.disneycorner.com

We've already proven that guy to NOT be an imagineer. I wouldn't trust anything that came from him. He was the same guy that started the Harry Potter rumor here.

sabian

The sooner Eisner is gone, the sooner his cronies will be gone, and hopefully, the sooner we can get some real people with real imagination back into the disney fold. Man, Eisner and his team od vandals have just destroyed so much of what many of us hols so dear. Spaceship Earth is a classic. Update it...Yes. CHnage or scrap it Absolutely not...... :mad:

mikeymouse

Yea, it is basically what Epcot is all about. They do need to smooth the ride though. It is very rough. It feels like you're driving over railroad tracks.

cherrynegra

Well, the photos of Eurosat were very interesting. Although I have a sinking suspicion I now know where some imagineers got the idea of replacing SE with some sort of fast coaster attraction. Really. Sometimes imitation is not flattering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom