Remnants of former attractions

mf1972

i didn’t have time to take a pic of this, but while standing in line for frozen, my wife noticed a polar bear statue near the ceiling while in oaken’s shop. we wondered if that’s in honor of maelstrom

Homemade Imagineering

Now this isn’t a former Disney attraction but this is about a former Universal Studios Hollywood attraction. I’ve always wondered what universal did with all of the E.T. Adventure animatronics and props after closure for revenge of the mummy. I do know that an animatronic E.T. Is currently in the prop warehouse and some trees from the Hollywood attraction are reused for horror nights from time to time. Also, while in the arena, or the coaster portion of Revenge of the Mummy, you can still see markings on the ground from where former walls and props once stood. Even though this is a Disney parks related forum, I thought I’d just bring this up!

twilight mitsuk

Now this isn’t a former Disney attraction but this is about a former Universal Studios Hollywood attraction. I’ve always wondered what universal did with all of the E.T. Adventure animatronics and props after closure for revenge of the mummy. I do know that an animatronic E.T. Is currently in the prop warehouse and some trees from the Hollywood attraction are reused for horror nights from time to time. Also, while in the arena, or the coaster portion of Revenge of the Mummy, you can still see markings on the ground from where former walls and props once stood. Even though this is a Disney parks related forum, I thought I’d just bring this up!
sounds like the dueling club sign at hagrids

Last edited:

Andsome

Any further info on the status of some of the GMR figures? I read something about some of them showing up at Property Control in a state of disrepair, but the details were extremely vague as to what AAs they were.

Dragonman

Original Poster
Any further info on the status of some of the GMR figures? I read something about some of them showing up at Property Control in a state of disrepair, but the details were extremely vague as to what AAs they were.

Wicked Witch has been rumored to be Redd in POTC with Jane’s face. A couple of the Footlight Parade girls were lying around in the backstage offices.

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

A lot of stuff ended up at Property Control. I can’t remember specifics though.

BoarderPhreak

This remnant is no longer with us either. It was what was left of the viking ship in the Norway pavilion, Epcot... Cast aside as an easter egg.

i.php

i.php

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Isn't there a rumor that some animatronics from The Great Movie Ride were reused in Rise of the Resistance?
That would be highly doubtful. For one thing those vehicles were a whole lot bigger. Even if they weren't, they are 30 years old and Disney has enough problems with new stuff, I don't think they would want to take a chance on those old pieces.

FettFan

Kylo Ren is a brand new AA. The Wicked Witch is now Redd the Pirate (because Disney sucks at naming things) with the nonfunctional left hand grasping a bottle of rum instead of the broom.

If the Ripley was reused, I doubt it would be Finn, but instead one of the queue stormtroopers that has no motion but moving its head. Because Ripley had no motion other than moving her head and eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom