Remembering Marty Sklar

Sam Magic

Completely shocked by this announcement. He seems to permanent and lasting in the Disney company's history. What a pleasure to have been able to appreciate his work and achievements in his lifetime. The man left a great legacy, great stories, and a lasting impact. I have just thanks for this man.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
IMG_0860.JPG

Uncle Lupe

Shocked to read this tonight. A true loss to the family, Disney community and beyond. :( Maybe someday I'll meet you in Neverland.

elliot

Sad news indeed. Who knows, with him and Walt together again, perhaps they'll be some sweet things waiting for us (well, most of us. OK maybe not me, but most of you. Some of you?) :D

PorterRedkey

What a beautifully talented man. And a man who through his work on various projects, but specifically EPCOT Center, helped form a lot of my childhood dreams. I thank him for that.

I never met Mr. Sklar, but like so many of us, he has touched our lives in ways he will never know.

You had a hell of a life, Mr. Sklar! I bet Walt will be glad to see you again!

RIP

Smiley/OCD

Wow!! My DW told me this morning...I had to jump on...I had, along with my family, the opportunity to meet Marty twice at book signings for both of his books in Toms River, NJ (our home)...a GREAT guy!!! I had the chance to speak with him on those occasions, and we kinda formed a bond for several reasons...we're both Jersey guys, he grew up in Highland Park, and we had a special bond because I was born and raised in Maplewood, NJ, home of Olympic Park, where Prince Charming's Regal Carousel came from...(I rode it at a year old in Olympic Park) and he had a special affinity for that ride. He was approachable, his first love was his family, but he lived, breathed and died with the love of Disney. One of my favorite photos of him was Marty standing on the big yellow X where the castle was going to be built at WDW... a VERY sad day for EVERY Disney fan today, because whether or not you know it, Marty was one of THE most important imagineers responsible for getting WDW off the ground.

I'm deeply saddened by his passing, BUT just imagine the D23 meeting that must be going on between Marty and Walt right now!!!

In honor of him, I changed my avatar photo of our meeting at one of his book signings...Marty, I was glad to have had the opportunity to meet and speak with you, and you will always have a special place in not only mine, but my family's heart. You will NEVER know how much joy you helped give to soooo many people's hearts and lives.

Please say hello to Uncle Walt!!! RIP Marty... and I will have you , Leah and Lesley and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers...I hope we meet again someday, and I can't wait to (HOPEFULLY) check out the E-tickets up there!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom