religious skywriters

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden

Ya, and having a bunch of homosexuals descend upon WDW once a year, all wearing red to advertise what they are, and rubbing their lifestyle in everyone's face may offend many too, but we're told to suck it up and stop being bigots.

So if you're offended by someone's statement of faith, I'll tell you the same thing...suck it up and stop being a bigot.

Having said all that, I'm not saying that I endorse this particular method as being the best form of evangelism, but I just don't like the double standard that exists in our culture. If any other religion or miniority group wants to be public about their beliefs, it's called diversity and we're supposed to embrace it and practice "tolerance". If Christianity wants to do the same, we're told to keep our beliefs to ourselves and stop trying to shove it down everyone's throat.

Homosexuals haven't started wars or killed millions of people over their beliefs like religion. So yea suck it up. I'd much rather see two guys kissing than two guys killing each other at WDW

Funny how this thread will be locked. Just like the religious skywriter should be.

/thread

Tigger1988

Ya, and having a bunch of homosexuals descend upon WDW once a year, all wearing red to advertise what they are, and rubbing their lifestyle in everyone's face may offend many too, but we're told to suck it up and stop being bigots.

Hey homophobe, here's a tip. Gay people are in Disney World at all times, in large numbers. Only difference is when it isn't a certain day in June they aren't wearing red.

Should probably stop giving money to a company that employs 1000s of those 'homosexuals'.

So if you're offended by someone's statement of faith, I'll tell you the same thing...suck it up and stop being a bigot.

Having said all that, I'm not saying that I endorse this particular method as being the best form of evangelism, but I just don't like the double standard that exists in our culture. If any other religion or miniority group wants to be public about their beliefs, it's called diversity and we're supposed to embrace it and practice "tolerance". If Christianity wants to do the same, we're told to keep our beliefs to ourselves and stop trying to shove it down everyone's throat.

I can't help myself here...

Now, I know you think this post you wrote was really smart, but the difference between other lifestyles and the religious people is that force it down your throat. They are calling you on the phone, they are at the mall, and they even come to your door step. It gets a little annoying , and if you don't believe what they believe than your wrong.

Next time your at the mall and a homosexual asks you to convert to homosexuality be sure to post it in this thread because thats the reason what you posted has no merit. That will never happen. It amazes me how often the "christian" people are the first to act so un-christian like.

Hey homophobe, here's a tip. Gay people are in Disney World at all times, in large numbers. Only difference is when it isn't a certain day in June they aren't wearing red.

Should probably stop giving money to a company that employs 1000s of those 'homosexuals'.

Agreed. I can't believe how unnaccepting some people can be.

SeaCastle

Ouch, kind of turning into an "in before they delete" thread here. But I can make the comment I want to make without going into specifics about any religion. Hopefully others can take the cue. ;)

1) When you are looking out over World Showcase and admiring the skyline, *any* "advertisement" or "billboard" would be obnoxious. If it said, "Burger King", or "Wal-mart" or "(insert religious title/name)" it doesn't matter. Unless it's got Mickey Ears, it's just out of place and, again, obnoxious.

2) As it is a religious thing, it brings me to my confusion on the whole issue - just like when someone comes to my door to preach (though the "NO SOLICITING" sign has helped with that), I don't get it. Has anyone ever been converted to a religion because someone knocked on their door to tell them about it, or because they saw some skywriting?

3) People who agree with the religious statement confuse me as well. Do they need it spelled up into the sky in front of you to affirm your religion? If they do, then they don't have a ton of faith in, well, their faith.

It costs a lot of money to go up into a plane and do that...it's too bad he didn't donate it to charity or a food bank or something helpful to the world. All it does is irritate people who don't want to be advertised to on their vacation, or affirm the belief of someone who already believes. It's just a "because I can" political statement, and while it doesn't annoy me that much (especially since the beginning disappears before he can even finish the word ROFL) it just seems so silly and a ridiculous waste.

By that logic, shouldn't politicians spending hundreds of millions of dollars on campaigns spend that money on charity or a worthy cause?

I understand that skywriting might be irritable to folks wo don't share the same faith, but compared to Brazillian tour groups or strollers, is it really thT big of a deal?

wizards8507

Why do you put "homosexuals" in quotes as if he used some sort of offensive word? Isn't "homosexual" what we're supposed to say now? I thought "gay" was out.

Regardless, you're all out of line (I'm including David Roberts, sbkline, and Tigger1988). You get to choose A or B:

A) We accept freedom of speech and tolerate religion AND homosexuality, even if we don't like one or the other or both, or;

B) We ban everything that offends anyone including religion, homosexuality, Brazilian tour groups, and turkey legs.

You can't have it both ways. Tolerance isn't JUST for the cause that you support. I, for one, opt for choice A).

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I am actually sitting here LOL....This thread has turned into a attack now and if it was anyother faith....it would have been closed by now!

Personally I think its a waste of money to send up smoke signals over WDW

Just IMO....AKK

We don't discriminate based on religion, sexuality or politics when we choose to lock or keep threads open. Sometimes we just don't see things right away. Heaven forbid we may want to spend some time with our families on a Sunday morning- maybe we were at church! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom