Reliable DDP Guide

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Hi all. Does anyone have a specific website/guide/whatever they have used to research the DDP plan that they have found to be accurate in listing which restaurants are included, and whether or not they count and table service vs quick service credits?

I am trying to figure out whether a few are the pools bars are classified strictly as pool bars, which it seems are quick service, or lounge, which it seems are table service. The Disney website just says "some dining plans accepted" and a general Google search has turned up many varied responses.

Very specifically, I am trying to get info on Bar Riva, Banana Cabana and Spyglass Grill for our non-park/skyliner hopping day. If anyone happens to have been to these places and tried using the dining plan.

JIMINYCR

Disney Food Blog has a DDP guide that lists all the restaurants and resort sites that accept the DDP.
Banana Cabana, Spyglass Grill, Bar Riva are listed as accepting DDP credits.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Disney Food Blog has a DDP guide that lists all the restaurants and resort sites that accept the DDP.
Banana Cabana, Spyglass Grill, Bar Riva are listed as accepting DDP credits.
Thank you!

Is DFB considered the most source? It seems pretty major to me so I assume so. I had checked them previously and some of their info contradicted what I saw elsewhere. But if they are deemed the king of food info I will probably just defer to them and assume they are correct.

Plus they list Bar Riva as a yes for quick service, which is the option I really want to go with so that works out nicely :)

JIMINYCR

There are multiple sites that display all the spots DDP credits are accepted. I checked several and they all say yes to those you asked for. DFB was the first I turned to to check for what you asked for. They have always been reliable for me. Touring Plans, another site I rely on also agrees.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

WDW Prep School (the name gets edited out when I try to post a link so you'll have to Google "WDW Prep School 2024 Disney Dining Plan") does a great breakdown every year. If you scroll waaaaaaay down in their 2024 article, you'll find a chart that lists every DDP-eligible restaurant, plus the number of credits it costs, the "average" value of a credit there, and the "maximum" value of a credit there. Consulting that chart along with their calculations of how much of your DDP cost is attributable to each credit (e.g., if you paid for the DDP, they estimate that you'll need to spend a pre-tax total of roughly $23 on each CS meal, $59 on each TS meal, and $6 on each snack, to break even) will tell you which restaurants will give you the most bang for your buck.

Of course, if you're getting it for free as part of a promotion, you may not care so much about "breaking even," but the charts will still give you a good idea of the best 1-credit options.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

WDW Prep School (the name gets edited out when I try to post a link so you'll have to Google "WDW Prep School 2024 Disney Dining Plan") does a great breakdown every year. If you scroll waaaaaaay down in their 2024 article, you'll find a chart that lists every DDP-eligible restaurant, plus the number of credits it costs, the "average" value of a credit there, and the "maximum" value of a credit there. Consulting that chart along with their calculations of how much of your DDP cost is attributable to each credit (e.g., if you paid for the DDP, they estiamte that you'll need to spend a pre-tax total of roughly $23 on each CS meal, $59 on each TS meal, and $6 on each snack, to break even) will tell you which restaurants will give you the most bang for your buck.

Of course, if you're getting it for free as part of a promotion, you may not care so much about "breaking even," but the charts will still give you a good idea of the best 1-credit options.
Yes. Those who see a savings are those who use it properly and make wise selections. As I have stated before we have usually saved money with the DDP…. Never a huge savings but we make out better than Dis. We’ve booked our trip for Oct and have gotten the DDP and I’m already doing my research to see how I can make it work for us.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
There are multiple sites that display all the spots DDP credits are accepted. I checked several and they all say yes to those you asked for. DFB was the first I turned to to check for what you asked for. They have always been reliable for me. for. Touring Plans, another site I rely on also agrees.
Thank you again! I appreciate you taking the time to check. Having a second set of eyes on it makes me comfortable that my info is correct.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
WDW Prep School (the name gets edited out when I try to post a link so you'll have to Google "WDW Prep School 2024 Disney Dining Plan") does a great breakdown every year. If you scroll waaaaaaay down in their 2024 article, you'll find a chart that lists every DDP-eligible restaurant, plus the number of credits it costs, the "average" value of a credit there, and the "maximum" value of a credit there. Consulting that chart along with their calculations of how much of your DDP cost is attributable to each credit (e.g., if you paid for the DDP, they estimate that you'll need to spend a pre-tax total of roughly $23 on each CS meal, $59 on each TS meal, and $6 on each snack, to break even) will tell you which restaurants will give you the most bang for your buck.

Thank you for this! I suspect my husband is going to become obsessed with the credit values. My reasoning for purchasing the plan was really just to have meals pre-paid so it was one less thing to budget for while we're down there. But for some reason he's really into maximizing the values!

We are two adults with no kids who do enjoy our adult beverages. I suspect that is where we will pick up some value.

Weather_Lady

We are two adults with no kids who do enjoy our adult beverages. I suspect that is where we will pick up some value.
You're right, and that will add hugely to the bang-for-your-buck.

In contrast, as part of a family of 4 with 2 teens (one a vegetarian), and DH and I on perpetual diets (limiting alcohol and snacks), there's no possible way we could ever save on the DDP. That being said, we to like to practice our own form of "prepayment" for our meals, simply by buying Disney gift cards ahead of time to cover them (at a 9% discount, by stacking a BJ's discount with a seasonal Discover card "5% cash back on wholesale clubs" promo). We never end up spending as much as we think we will, so the leftover gift card monies can be used for souvenirs, or saved for a future trip.

Last edited:

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
You're right, and that will add hugely to the bang-for-your-buck.

In contrast, as part of a family of 4 with 2 teens (one a vegetarian), and DH and I on perpetual diets (limiting alcohol and snacks), there's no possible way we could ever save on the DDP. That being said, we to like to practice our own form of "prepayment" for our meals, simply by buying Disney gift cards ahead of time to cover them (at a 9% discount, by stacking a BJ's discount with a seasonal Discover card "5% cash back on wholesale clubs" promo). We never end up spending as much as we think we will, so the leftover gift card monies can be used for souvenirs, or saved for a future trip.
You are much better people than we are, I can't bring myself to limit or diet on vacation 🤣. (Mostly joking...but not entirely).

I'm digging into the WDW Prep info and holy wow, these people really did their homework! Thanks again for this, I'm editing the spreadsheet now for a future guide tailored to our preferences.

Weather_Lady

You are much better people than we are, I can't bring myself to limit or diet on vacation 🤣. (Mostly joking...but not entirely).
LOL, no - we're just fatter people than you are, and we definitely do a lot of cheating on vacation (which is perfectly fine, since we're walking enough miles to make up for it). ;)

HairyChest

Hi all. Does anyone have a specific website/guide/whatever they have used to research the DDP plan that they have found to be accurate in listing which restaurants are included, and whether or not they count and table service vs quick service credits?

I am trying to figure out whether a few are the pools bars are classified strictly as pool bars, which it seems are quick service, or lounge, which it seems are table service. The Disney website just says "some dining plans accepted" and a general Google search has turned up many varied responses.

Very specifically, I am trying to get info on Bar Riva, Banana Cabana and Spyglass Grill for our non-park/skyliner hopping day. If anyone happens to have been to these places and tried using the dining plan.
I’ve been following this youtube channel that has shown all the menus and listed snack eligible items of the flower garden festival and tips I haven't heard from any other site and posts snack deals he finds. Its called “disneyworld vacationer”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom