relaxing at WDW

disneydudette

Original Poster
My mom is getting a lil older and shes finding it hard to keep up with me in what she calls "the Disney Dealth March" :lol: :lol:

besides the GF resort is the any where you can go to escape the big big Disney Crowds......

We like to walk along the board walk and eat at the ESPN place...and some times we place a small round of golf at the fantasia mini golf course.....(I always win)

But is there a GOOD place to relax w/o kids screeming??

I know a lot of you are thinking....."then why the hell are you in WDW if you want to relax?"

Pioneer Hall

Every resort offers a place where you can get away from yelling and screaming. Others of course are more peaceful than others. But there is always somewhere (in park or not) that you can go to relax.

Invero

Originally posted by disneydudette
I know a lot of you are thinking....."then why the hell are you in WDW if you want to relax?"

I always thought WDW was a great place to go and relax... In fact, I sometimes with these "kamikaze" tourists would spend more time relaxing than running around frantically...

As for some relaxing activities... Resort Hopping can be fun... checking out the various resort areas and theming. You mentioned mini-golf... Fantasia Gardens is a wonderful course... but have you tried the Wintersummerland Course? Those are fun too :)

One suggestion I have... Disney's Animal Kingdom... personally, I find it a very relaxing park. The key is not to rush through it, but rather, take time to smell the roses, per se. There are a lot of walking paths that are fun to explore, and often times aren't really well known. You can take this at your own pace, so that your mom can go at whatever speed she feels most comfortable at.

At nighttime, I like to go explore the World Showcase... Often times, I'll just walk through the World Showcase at night just to think and clear my mind...

One thing to keep in mind... and a few people have mentioned this already... Just because the park closes at 9:00 say... doesn't mean you have to leave at 9:00. Get an ice cream cone, and sit down and gaze at the castle... or walk around the World Showcase as it's empty and lit up... Don't worry about transportation... it'll run until everyone is out of the park... and in fact, it'll be a LOT less crowded... :)

Maria

Walking from Epcot to the Boardwalk can be very relaxing, MK at night too, Resort hopping.... all of the above! :D

Bairstow

One of my favorite places at Disney is the trail that leads from the Ticket and Transportation Center to the Polynesian resort. Most people never even find it, let alone walk the thing.

Fantasia Boi is right. EVERYTHING gets much more relaxing at night. Make a point to go check out the Wilderness Lodge Resort and walk straight through the lobby into the pool area after the pool is closed. Lots of nice blue flowing water, orange and green floodlights, and a great view of the lagoon are all there, and more importantly, free. Same goes for just about any of the upscale resorts.

If you DO have cash to burn, consider renting one of the watercraft at the various lakeside resorts very few of them actually require anything more than a driver's liscense to rent. That's about as far away as you can get from crowds at Disney.

Mikey4WDW

I guess I would usually fall into you "Kamikazi" tourist range. I do understand the need to be able to relax sometimes. I just find it difficult to do at WDW because there are so many things to see and do that even when I do sit a bit I find myself wanting to get right back into the excitement of things.
I do remeber there was a nice restaurant, I think that it was at the 'Dolphin' Epcot Resort, that was very peaceful in the evening. I think that I was there about 8 or 9 in the evening. There weren't many guest eating at that time and it was quite relaxing.
Walking along the main pool between the Swan and Dolphin resorts in the evening can be relaxing; listening to the small waterfall.
I say in ending that those of you wishing to relax, I know there are places at WDW that can be found! I peronally love the excitement.

Buzzforprez

The beach at the Wilderness Lodge was very relaxing. Just sit in the chairs and watch the waves come in from the passing boats. Also had more fun then you can imagine the year the wife was pregnant just sitting on a bench near the castle watching others frantically stroll by. Wish I had the time to just sit and read a book or do some thinking there but it is always go go go.

NowInc

A good TTA riding spree for an hour or so always relaxes me..

...want QUIET relaxing however...cant beat this patch of grass thats at the end of the NY set at MGM...go sit there and relax ...wave to the passing trams...the grass is also super soft...mmm...

Dr. Dom

I have to agree that walking around World Showcase at night is very relaxing, provided you avoid any parade-related detours. I've done 2-3 laps of World Showcase with my wife, just talking and enjoying the people-watching. Come to think of it, walking anywhere in the evenings at WDW is relaxing. Even in commando mode, it can be relaxing. That is the point of a trip down there, isn't it?:)

GGG1

I agree with the earlier posts, just walking around the world showcase at EPCOT at night and then walking to the Boardwalk is pretty relaxing. I particulary enjoy just finding a bench in front of the American Adventure and looking across the lake at Spaceship Earth from a distance.

Lady Tinkerbell

Another thing to do that is really relaxing is taking the boat ride from Port Orleans Resort to Downtown Disney. Especially try it as the sun is setting! They run the boat on a regular basis so you never really wait more than maybe a half hour. It's a must if you're staying in that neck of the woods. Have a great day ya'll!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom