News Reimagined Toontown coming

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What’s the deal with the shower though?
Meaning what was wrong with it? Just a guess, but maybe a pressure issue.

Nervous No Pressure GIF by Beauty and the Geek Australia

Consumer

I think it’s nice that after a long day of sweating in the California sun, guests can take a shower without even leaving the park.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I think public pools are required to have some sort of shower to rinse off prior to getting in the pool. Maybe there's some sort of health code that requires a shower to rinse off?
I always thought that there were showers at pools to wash the chlorine off your body when you are done swimming. Am I wrong in that thinking or is it both ways?

Disney Analyst

I always thought that there were showers at pools to wash the chlorine off your body when you are done swimming. Am I wrong in that thinking or is it both ways?

Yeah. Generally the rule is rinse off before you get in, and then obviously up to you if you wish to shower again after (spoiler, you should).

“In swimming pools, hot-tubs, and water parks, chlorine is used to kill and oxidize harmful bacteria and germs such as E-coli. Chlorine is a highly effective disinfectant. However, the chemical doesn’t work on everything. And, chlorine doesn’t work instantly. It takes chlorine anywhere from 1 minute to several days to work, depending on the agent. For examples it take 10 days for chlorine to kill the harmful parasite Cryptosporidium.

When chlorine mixes with our bodies organic matter it can create a more toxic agent called halogenated by-products (HBPs). Yuck. This is another reason why public pools recommend showering before swimming.
Showering helps remove sweat, lotions, sunscreen, bacteria and organic matter. This means the chlorine in the pool won’t have to work as hard, and more illnesses can be prevented.”

Rich T

glad to see those walls come down! Crazy that FLorida doesnt have a TT
Crazy that Florida doesn’t have a lot of things.

Like:

A better version of PoC.
More than 2 classic dark rides in Fantasyland.
A Big Thunder where something actually happens in the final lift tunnel.
A Mad Tea Party braking system that DOESN’T sound like an elephant being shot!!!!
A Space Mountain that… Ok, I confess that I love how MK’s Space Mountain is so hilariously, wildly insane. But, c’mon, Disney, rebuild that classic! Make it shine! Make it smooth!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom