Rehire Status

Piebald

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I was a CM for almost 2 years and I eventually got fired for attendance issues (Disney is not too kind when you have stuff to deal with but no hard feelings). I was going to literally leave the day after this happened so it wouldn't have mattered too much since I had a new job starting the following week. Well I work in healthcare now and I only work 3 day weeks and I have a lot of free time! They told me they would put me as rehire status or whatever and I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this. If I go back to casting is it possible to get a part time position for the summer? Or even better, seasonal? I know a kid who got fired and got rehired six months afterward so I imagine they actually still do hire you.

csaribay

After six months of stable work elsewhere, it is possible to lift a "restricted" rehire status. You'll need to apply for a position at casting, and upon interviewing, you'll probably be asked about your previous experience at Disney and possibly need to fill out a form to petition your rehire status.

They will consult with your old work area, and make decision weighing all the facts from everything they've heard. It's possible to snag a casual regular (part time) or seasonal position once your rehire status is lifted.

With me, the first time I went back to Casting (8 months after being termed) I was turned down. I waited a little more than 6 months, tried again, and was rehired. It's possible, definitely!

Piebald

Original Poster
With me, the first time I went back to Casting (8 months after being termed) I was turned down. I waited a little more than 6 months, tried again, and was rehired. It's possible, definitely!

Wait, you waited 8 months and got turned down... then waited longer? How much longer? By the way, did they possibly give you any reason as to why you were turned down? Did they get ahold of your current job at the time or did you not have one at all?

PinMadness

Wait, you waited 8 months and got turned down... then waited longer? How much longer? By the way, did they possibly give you any reason as to why you were turned down? Did they get ahold of your current job at the time or did you not have one at all?

It depends what your rehire status is. In most rehire cases you need to have 6 months working at another job before they will hire you back.

In all honesty it takes a lot of effort for WDW to fire you for attendance, they're pretty lenient compared to most jobs you'll ever have, not many places would let you call in close to 3 times in a month with no reprimands. In any event though, you need to have a job for at least 6 months before they'll hire you, sometimes more depending. For me it took more than 6 months but I've known many people who got hired in less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom