Regal Sun Resort or Best Western Lake Buena Vista???

bennyw01

regal sun has always been better than the best western, but if you want a combination of two i would always advise the caribe royale. regal sun is amazing location

palmage

We haven't stayed there since the rennovation, it may be nice now.
But the Regal Sun was a rat hole, very run down.
Bars weren't open, breakfast was horrible.

But again, it may be nice now.

SAV

I have been doing some research for my current trip and just be aware of what you are booking at Regal Sun. There is the main hotel building that has internal cooridors and there is the other building that is Motel like with doors that open to the outside.

I haven't stayed in either you mention, so I can't speak of which is better.

bennyw01

if you want the best deal, i just got off the phone to her, shes a family friend and works in sales and bookings, her name is joan and she would sort most polite people out with a good room 18 floors up in the main tower, any room outside isnt that great. regal sun all the way

pixel-dust

Best Western

Stayed for the weekend of March 28th. Beds were ok, room was clean but the AC noisy.
The price was 181.00 for 5 people. (2 beds and a sleeper sofa)

For what we needed it for (sleeping) it was fine. We used the room for less than 8 hours.

Pool looked inviting, and offered breakfast.

I'd stay there again only if I just needed a place to close my eyes for a few hours.

johnrosati

Opinion on the Regal Sun Resort

I stayed at the Best Western last year (2007) and was impressed. :)

I returned to the Regal Sun Resort in April 2008, after staying at the Grosvenor in 1990 and 2002, thinking it may have improved on my favourable past experience.

How disapointed was I? The place is not fit to take guests. The elevators were being reprogramed and work was going on everywhere. Carpets were being cleaned and hoses were draped all over the place. The food was dissapointing and, in my opinion, overpriced.

If we were not visiting parks and had to rely on the hotel to occupy and entertain us, we'd have checked out and gone elsewhere. Most likely to the Best Western.

ash lvs disney

I have stayed at the regal sun with my parents twice before. It has not been long since it has been refurbished and plus there is a new swimming pool which looks realy good. We are staying there again in July.

wainy

Regal Sun

It's a 'no brainer' Regal Sun wins. Just stayed there in April for 14 nights, and also stayed there last November, but we have stayed many times when it was the Grosvenor. We got a great deal via Bookit.com at $99 per night. The hotel has just had a $23 million refurb (It did need it) and the bedrooms are fresh and clean. large fridge, free coffee & tea etc and the pool deck is now finished and is massive, at least 5 times larger than Best Westerns.

Although I like the B.W, the best thing about the Regal is the location. If the cross walk lights are for you, it's a 5 min stroll to Downtown Disney! keep the car in the parking lot and shop and/or eat and have a beer without risking your drivers licence! Also, althoug the hotel buses are very regular, we often used the Disney buses to get to a park if we were already in Downtown Disney, e.g hop on a bus to an EPCOT or MK resort hotel and walk or get the monorail into the parks...easy peasy!

We have stayed at all the Downtown Disney hotels except the Hilton. Regal Sun is hard to beat now they have had the refurb. Any questions, email me on gwuk@go.com

uklad79

Regal Sun

Cold pool
Rooms not cleaned properly
Needs $25 million more spending on it as it is a motel with a small hotel attached.
I paid $60 and refused to pay the resort fee as the room wasn't vacuumed in a week! Even at that price it was over priced.

figmentmom

I used to LOVE the Grosvenor - and yes, I liked the rooms that opened onto an outer corridor best (the "motel" rooms). Haven't stayed there since the refurb, but I am looking forward to it. The location is just about impossible to beat, especially for the price.

anamcara87

I used to LOVE the Grosvenor - and yes, I liked the rooms that opened onto an outer corridor best (the "motel" rooms). Haven't stayed there since the refurb, but I am looking forward to it. The location is just about impossible to beat, especially for the price.

I have stayed at this hotel almost 20 times through the years, when it was the Grosvenor and the current Regal Sun. I was recently there in June and it appeared that the majority of the refurb was completed. What a difference! The rooms are much nicer and the overall feel to the hotel is much cleaner. Although I'm not OVERLY picky on a hotel room when I'm not going to be spending much time in it, I feel the Regal Sun is the best place to stay on property (excluding the resorts, of course). You can't beat the price or the location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom