Refurbishments at same time!!! - CUSTOMERS AFFECTED

You agree with all refurbishments at the same time

• Total voters

bethymouse

I guess I am just surprised that so many refurbs are being done during the busy/peak summer season. I wish they'd spread the refurbs out a bit more. It's a necessity to do refurbs of course, so it's inevitable that something will be down during one of your trips ( I should have booked a later June trip for Frozen, Soarin, etc..., but oh well) . Sh..... It happens!:devilish:

Bluewaves

Late August early September gets quiet. Colleges and lots of schools are in session and if memory serves me correctly Florida schools start then too. Not to mention it's hot. Good time to go if you can to avoid crowds. September is my favorite time to visit, even into early October. Personally I'd be more upset one park is completely ripped apart then BTMRR and Dinosour being down. It's refurb time, they're at different parks and for the Treehouse, who seriously cares.

If you don't want refurbs go in the middle of the summer during peak season.

Btw refurbs always start that time of year. Disney is open 365 unlike a local park which is closed for 6 months a year to do maintenance.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
How to recreate the magic of the Swiss Family Treehouse even though it's closed for refurb- at your resort, take the stairs instead of the elevator.

To make it truly authentic you need to leave trash on the landings. That's now part of the experience in WDW, trash left everywhere. Garbage up to your eyeballs.

216bruce

Hi guys!!

According to actual information between 22nd August 2016 ~ 15th September 2016 are planified the next refurbishments:
  1. it's a small world (MK)
  2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (MK)
  3. DINOSAUR (AK)
  4. Swiss Family Treehouse (MK)
are all going to be down at the same time.

Those who will travel to Disneyworld at that time we find very harmful; I open this thread for all affected us to come together to pressure managers. The solution is to phased the changes especially because the dates are scheduled is high season, they should phasing or move.

It's not normal, a lot of refurbishments at the same time.
Hey....welcome to the boards. Enjoy!

Axle1986

Hi guys!!

Those who will travel to Disneyworld at that time we find very harmful; I open this thread for all affected us to come together to pressure managers. The solution is to phased the changes especially because the dates are scheduled is high season, they should phasing or move.

It's not normal, a lot of refurbishments at the same time.

OMFG this part of the post cracked me up big time!

HARMFUL!

PRESSURE THE MANAGERS!

ITS NOT NORMAL!

Bless your cotton socks darlin'

worldfanatic

I'll be at WDW during this time and I have absolutely no problem with the refurbs.
They have to done sometime.
The whining & complaining is pathetic. Are people really that ignorant & selfish to expect almost no rides to be down during their visit?

This is not complaining that the glass is half empty. This is complaining that the glass is 1/20 empty.

Can we give the op a little bit of a break. Perhaps we have all become a little jaded in our thinking. I imagine many here have been to Disney World on multiple occasions in the last five years. When you travel there often refurbs do not effect you as much. If you didn't see it this year then no big deal you will catch it next year. But if you are not lucky enough to go every year and you have been saving x number of years for your once in a lifetime or once in a blue moon trip than I can see why someone would be depressed by the idea that BTMRR won't be open or why they can't get on Pirates, or IASW. While opening new attractions are nice, people when they go to Disney want to see the classics and show their kids what it was like when they were a kid. So while a one time visitor may like the new Frozen attraction they may be really disappointed that IASW or BTMRR is not open.

I understand refurbs are a necessary evil and it is a bummer when it comes as part of your trip. We have been lucky enough to go every year the last few years the last week in August and these refurbs will effect our trip as well. Probably more than most given that my daughter who is turning 6 loves IASW and BTMRR. So there is some cross-over in the people that ride those rides. In fact, I would imagine most people ride both those rides at least once a trip. IASW is a classic regardless of how those dolls can give me nightmares of being stuck in the last room and BTMRR while a "thrill ride" is not really a big coaster thrill, its actually fairly mild. So much so my daughter has been riding since she turned four. Last year we went Pirates was down which was a complete bummer on our trip but now I can't wait to ride it this year since it has been two years. They do seem to do quite a bit of refurbs starting at the end of August. I realize the Southern Schools are back and that could be a reason but the last few years we have not noticed a large drop off in attendance at the end of August. It feels like it has become more crowded.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom