Refurbishments at same time!!! - CUSTOMERS AFFECTED

You agree with all refurbishments at the same time

• Total voters

JohnD

OP, you're in the minority on this one. I think the biggest complaint is that attractions aren't refurbed enough. What that means is that when they are refurbed they're down for someone's visit. Can't think of a visit where there weren't refurbs going on. Plenty of other attractions to enjoy. Make the most of it.

DisneyFans4Life

Not to add more fuel to the fire, but I'll agree with the others here and say that this isn't a big deal. There is so much to do at WDW that a few rides being down shouldn't ruin your vacation.

IMFearless

I took my first trip to Disneyland in March and was sad to miss the Railroad and Rivers of America, but that being said, you will always miss something every trip, it's just a question of what.

I think once you've committed to a trip you have to accept that some things will be closed.

Even if they aren't doing planned maintenance, you have all sorts of other reasons you may miss things: weather, rides breaking down or guest behaviour could all lead to attractions going offline.

With previous park experience and expert planning, most guests still go home having missed something they may have enjoyed. Try not to get hung up on this, take your time to really enjoy what you do get to do, some of the greatest moments you will have in a Disney park are the random little things that just happen organically when you just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

And look on the positive side, every attraction you don't get to experience is a reason to visit again in the future.

It is annoying if a ride is being refurbed during your trip and it's something you're wanting to do, I remember It's Tough to Be a Bug was closed on my boyfriend's first trip with us and I was gutted because it's one we always do, but there's nothing you can do about it really. It's inevitable that something is always going to be shut during a trip whether it be due to being refurbed, it breaks down on the day, or the weather. There's so many other things to do so it shouldn't put too much of a downer on the trip? And the refurb is just making the attraction better! They have to be done, and I'm sure Disney have thought about it and done it at the best time. Anyway, you're in Disney, its always a good trip:joyfull:

BigRedDad

Personally, I think WDW should shutdown an entire park at a time for 2 months to get it back to the way it should be. Or at least entire sections. For MK, they could shutdown Adeventureland followed by Frontierland and then Tomorrowland. Epcot, they need to do something with all the useless space up front. DHS is already being done with the expansion. AK is pretty good in my opinion.

Spikerdink

I am taking my 4 year old cousin in August, and one of the rides I was planning was IASW. So, now it will be closed so I will move on to something else. Every trip there is something that is being worked on and I deal. I have gone in winter, spring, summer and fall and in each trip, SOMETHING I wanted to do was being refurbed. Some were my favorites, some were things I shrugged and said no biggie.

All in all, even with the closures, I had a great trip every time. I adjust.

Now if ALL of MK was closed in August, then I would be a bit peeved.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
At least they're actually doing renovations now instead of sitting there as the ride quality declines into the gutter.

SteamboatStitch

Refurbishments are necessary. If it happens during your trip, tough. And at only 4 down, I feel that's actually less than desired considering it's (what I remember) the slower time of the year, the time where getting attractions back in prime shape should be a priority. Skipping out or delaying refurbs leads to things like Splash Mountain's condition a couple years back, which I don't think it has ever fully recovered from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom