News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Bocabear

I see the space...but no sign of anything hinting at the construction of water features... Perhaps The Zach could share some Imagineering brilliance and show us the renderings of the water features designed for the new Polynesian entrance...
Wait, you say the company that does a press release and concept art for a new doorknob or replacing burned out lightbulbs has decided to not hype the new water features they are building at the entrance of the Poly? That's a curious choice unless they really have no plans on bringing back that iconic beautiful first moment of your arrival. I bet there is a poll that says Disney Guests just want to get into the lobby with lots of furniture and watch cartoons....

Disney Analyst

Why did the monorail station need to be rebuilt?

It was 50 years and constructed mostly of wood.

Pretty much that. Most modern WDW architecture is made to look like wood these days, but is not built with wood. They are fixing up the falling apart station and it should last another 50+ years structurally!

Mark48

I see the space...but no sign of anything hinting at the construction of water features... Perhaps The Zach could share some Imagineering brilliance and show us the renderings of the water features designed for the new Polynesian entrance...
Wait, you say the company that does a press release and concept art for a new doorknob or replacing burned out lightbulbs has decided to not hype the new water features they are building at the entrance of the Poly? That's a curious choice unless they really have no plans on bringing back that iconic beautiful first moment of your arrival. I bet there is a poll that says Disney Guests just want to get into the lobby with lots of furniture and watch cartoons....
Unfortunately I think you are spot on concerning the lack of water features. Back at the start of construction I recall seeing a photo of a front end loader whisking away the rock decorative pieces from the water area's. That photo pretty much told me that, like the lobby, the outside water features are history. I have been waiting for a fan uproar but it appears unlikely at this point. More of the charm and ambiance of the Poly gone. Color me shocked.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A permit was filed today to construction a new auto bridge next to the existing pedestrian bridge in the location shown below. I assume that parking lot is used for Polynesian cast members.

1618941891889.png

Father Robinson

The main lobby is... Lacking... Taking out one of the most unique features in all Disney parks (waterfall) took away a lot.
What hurts almost as much as losing the water feature in the lobby was the (honey I shrunk the) fountain they built instead which doesn't work half the time. I still remember seeing the construction of it a few days before they reopened the lobby, I was thinking, there's no way they can almost be done either the new fountain, it's just a pile of small rocks! My father in-law calls it "the urinal"

nicb88

Unfortunately I think you are spot on concerning the lack of water features. Back at the start of construction I recall seeing a photo of a front end loader whisking away the rock decorative pieces from the water area's. That photo pretty much told me that, like the lobby, the outside water features are history. I have been waiting for a fan uproar but it appears unlikely at this point. More of the charm and ambiance of the Poly gone. Color me shocked.
I’m willing to be wrong, but no one knows yet what they’re rebuilding. So shouldn’t we all wait a little longer before deciding what’s going in that space?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom