Refurbish/Retheme/Remove

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Let's play a game. "Refurbish - Retheme - Remove". The rules are simple, pick a ride that fits each category for you.

Refurbish- Expedition Everest. Yeti animatronic aside, the whole ride just looks unloved. Hair bands everywhere, close to none of the effects work and the track is uncomfortably rough during the backwards spiral.

Retheme- Figment. This is one that I don't get how it lasted as long as it has. The entire ride looks outdated and sad. There were plans to bring Inside Out to Imagination before Covid hit and I wish those would come back.

Remove- Tommorowland Speedway. This is simply another ride that I have no idea how it lasted as long as it has. It's smelly, slow, and the cars are the most ear piercing things I've ever heard.

Smiley/OCD

Refurbish: Since Splash is off the table, I would refurbish the speedway…work with Elon Musk to have Tesla to sponsor it with all electric cars or, if Tesla isn’t interested, GM with their electric cars. PLEASE redesign that horrendous center rail and come up with a different design to keep the cars on the track.

Retheme: Dinoland…We’ve all heard the rumors about the possible replacements; Zootopia, Tarzan, Moana, etc…just SOMETHING to take the place of the carnival in the parking lot of the closed shopping mall…all that’s missing are the weeds growing in the cement cracks…

Replace: As much as I love it, I think it’s time to redevelop TSI…HM restaurant, Cajun restaurant and a REALLY SUPERIOR E-ticket and a B or C ticket as well.

What I’d REALLY like to replace are the trolls on this site that are completely out of control…see iasw thread…and while we’re at it, “guests” who insist on arguing and resorting to “fisticuffs”

THAT would be a much better improvement IMHO…

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Refurb - Imagination. Back to the original with Good Figment and Dreamfinder.

Retheme - Tomorrowland Speedway. Theme it to Sugar Rush from Wreck-It-Ralph. Electric cars to appease all the folks who don't like the smell/sound as is, and make it bright and more fun. (Obvious retheme would have been Tron, but that doesn't seem like it makes sense with Lightcycle Run right behind it.)

Remove - Nothing. We need MORE capacity, not less.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Refurbish - Spaceship Earth including updates

Retheme - Soarin’ around the World to… Soarin’ around the World but fix the CGI issues and add twice as many locations and mix them up so not every ride is the same

Remove - the big wall in Epcot already! It is the unsightly attraction nobody wants to walk around for 5+ years.

yeti

Refurb:
- Almost every pre-2010s attraction needs major touching-up, but in terms of "not necessarily necessary, but would be nice", I'd go with Pirates and HM. Restoring old effects/dialogue along with tech upgrades and new effects and scenes would go a really long way.

Retheme:
- Figment and Frozen Ever After. All of the live theatres in DHS. I wouldn't remove Soarin' Around the World but I would love if they turned it into a repertory theatre with different, even absurd shows....Soarin' With the Dinosaurs (they could even borrow James Newton Howard's amazing score from Dinosaur), Soarin' Like a Bug, Soarin' Thru the Cosmos...

Remove:
Bay Lake Tower! IMO the most unsightly and obtrusive thing in all of WDW (not that there isn't competition) and the only structure in WDW I would raze to the ground instead of repurposing.

Brer Panther

Refurb: Journey Into Imagination With Figment. Please bring back Dreamfinder already.

Retheme: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Turn it into a Mickey Mouse ride that's actually GOOD and isn't just scene after scene of projections of Ren and Stimpy-style Mickey.

Remove: Does Princess Fairytale Hall count? Move the princess meet-and-greets to the little garden where the Merida meet-and-greet is and put a dark ride in that space.

ppete1975

renovate: all of what was future world (livng with the land, seas, imagination, space ship earth) Return them all to what they were at open, with improved technology (still using classic animatronics though)

Retheme: test track- make it a comedy. Sunday drive with either a 16 year old or senior citizen who can barely see (aunt mary). As the driver drives they wonder out of their lane they drive to fast they slip on ice. And the ride shows how safety equipment like abs and steering control saves you from having accidents. Scenery would be the biggest thing, one scene youd be in a busy city cutting off a semi, the next an icy area, then a country drive, outside speed portion would be when they hit the accelerator and youre scared for your life.

Remove: classism. As we introduce pay to ride and special events, you are creating classes of people. Those that have more money or dont mind debt, and those that can barely even get in the door. Once you pay your ticket we should all be the same.

graphite1326

Refurbish: Space mountain. it's just to rough for my older bones anymore. I do enjoy the ride but have stopped riding it.

Retheme: Figment. That is one and done ride. You do it because you want to do everything but after you wish you hadn't

Remove: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway train. It's just bad.

mf1972

refurbish-carousel of progress. it really needs some tlc.

retheme-rafiki’s planet watch. make an indiana jones land.

remove-star wars launch bay. tear down that whole section (mermaid show included) & make a new land themed to the movies.

DfromATX

Refurbish - Everything that NEEDS it.
Retheme - Kali River Rapids - very ugly. Retheme it to something more pleasant - Jungle Book would be cute.
Remove - Nothing. Something I dislike might be something someone else loves (like the Tiki Birds).
Edit: Remove Genie+. Did I mention I hate it?

DfromATX

Refurbish: Space mountain. it's just to rough for my older bones anymore. I do enjoy the ride but have stopped riding it.

Retheme: Figment. That is one and done ride. You do it because you want to do everything but after you wish you hadn't

Remove: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway train. It's just bad.
In all our trips, we've never been on the Figment ride. It takes up a lot of valuable time and looks pretty cheesy to me. I need to do it at least once though. Also, I don't want it removed, but I agree M&M Runaway train is bad. I thought I was the only one! It's cute at best, but a one and done for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom