Refurbing Walt Disney World

rct247

If we are purely talking about refurbishing what is already there, then here is what I'd focus on:

MAGIC KINGDOM
-Fresh paint for Main Street Train Station
-Paint and new decor for Tomorrowland Terrace
-Proper refurbishment for Buzz with enhanced effects
-Proper refurbishment with new scene and animatronics for COP
-Update neon tubes for LED tubes in Tomorrowland
-Space Mt gets exterior lighting upgrade and enhanced ride effects if not new track
-Tomorrowland Speedway vehicle refurbishing to reduce emissions
-Cosmic Rays content update
-Winnie the Pooh refurbishment focusing on ride system upgrades
-Peter Pan major refurb with updated effects and cleaning
-its a small world refurb adding Disney characters
-Big Thunder refurb adding effects like Disneyland
-Jungle Cruise refurb adding updated effects

EPCOT
-Spaceship Earth refurb for decent and updated interactive screen choices/results
-Innoventions major refurb in layout and presentation
-Electric Unbrella major interior decor refurb
-Ellen refurb updating content and animatronics
-Imagination refurb with new storyline and replacement for EO
-Soarin refurb with new film debut
-Impression de France refurb with new film

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
-Tower of Terror refurb with general cleaning, effect upgrades, and audio improvements.
-Magic of Disney Animation refurb with brand new layout, film, and content.
-GMR major refurb
-Streets of America refurb to upgrade facades and decor

orlando678-

Original Poster
Okay since some people misunderstood the plan, can we try to agree upon an amount of areas and attractions? Keep in mind that every land needs at least two e-tickets and two or three family rides. Also I'd really like to use hollywood boulevard, Pixar Playland, Animation studio, Walt Disney Movieland, Indiana Jones adventure lot, Star Wars galaxies, Backlot, Production courtyard, Gangster row, Muppet studio, Toontown and Marvel(?)

orlando678-

Original Poster
first of all which rides would you love to see in hollywood studios or which movies would you like to see here at the park? Which movies should I use for the Pixar land? my idea was Toy Story, Incredibles, Monsters Inc and Cars, comments? Let me know :)

DinoInstitute

first of all which rides would you love to see in hollywood studios or which movies would you like to see here at the park? Which movies should I use for the Pixar land? my idea was Toy Story, Incredibles, Monsters Inc and Cars, comments? Let me know :)
For a Pixar land, the obivous choices IMO are TS, Cars, MI, and Incredibles, like you mentioned, and they could create a really fun variety as it is. However, I have thought that it could be cool to include others, such as a unique balloon-based flat ride for Up, a suspended dark ride maybe for Bugs, and a flume ride for Brave? These are just ideas on how to make other films work.

orlando678-

Original Poster
I chose these movies because I think the others fit in the other parks. Nemo, Up, Bugs are movies for AK. Brave is more for the magic kingdom. Wall-e is epcot or magic kingdom and well ratatouille can be hollywood studios, magic kingdom or epcot( since the frozen maelstrom plan excists, why not?). Toy story would probably have 4-5 rides since I think Toy Story Playland is a great fit in in the Hollywood studios. Monsters Inc would have 4 also in both MU, monsters inc as monstropolis. Cars would have 3 rides probably based on the rides of today. Incredibles would have 2 or 3 rides where I see metropolis and maybe even syndrome's island. thoughts?

orlando678-

Original Poster
I'm thinking of putting a dark ride based on Mater's tall tales in place of putting the junkyard jamboree in, I don't know if anyone likes this idea? Also I could take some space from toy story playland and put in Woody's roundup cowboy town or something but I don't know if people would like it. Thoughts?

DinoInstitute

Maybe as some sort of live entertainment though, if it can bee worked into that some how? Such as a stage being set up in the Mater area of RS, or even part of a MJJ queue?

orlando678-

Original Poster
I was thinking about a ride similar to amazing adventures of Spiderman but with the incredibles, a spinner themed to the omnidroid and a flying coaster over Syndrome's island where we see omnidroids, animals and Syndrome himself

orlando678-

Original Poster
I've come to the conclusion of 74 rides, shows and some special meet and greet buildings. There's not yet decided about a parade.

Final plan

Hollywood boulevard:

Great movie adventure: This ride will be in the same building as the Great Movie ride but it will use a different track system and it will have new scenes.

Theatre of melodies: This show will be about the evolution of music and sound. This ride will be close to the rock n’ rollercoaster and will use audio animatronic characters.

Hall of Fame: This wax museum will show some of the most famous Hollywood movie stars ever.

Cinemagic: This will be similar to the show in Paris but with new scenes and more and new effects.

Tower of Terror: The ride as we know it.

Rock n’ rollercoaster: The ride as we know it but with different bands so that the ride could give an unique experience every time you ride it.

Red trolley station: A trolley transporting people over Hollywood boulevard.

Fantasmic!: An updated version of the show.

Pixar Playland:

Toy Story Midway Mania: The ride as we know it but with 4 lanes to prevent longer queues.

When pigs can fly: A spinner where we board Hams with wings. This is located in Andy’s backyard area.

Slinky Dog Zigzag spin: The ride as we know it.

Rc racer: The ride as we know it.

Incredibles’ adventure: A motion based 3d dark ride following our heroic family on an adventure you’ll never forget.

Return to Syndrome’s island: A steel flying rollercoaster. We enter Edna’s house and then go through tunnels where we end up on Syndrome’s island but beware of Omnidroids and Syndrome himself.

Omnidroid spin: A spinner where we board one of the out of control Omnidroid’s tentacles

Radiator Springs 500: A ride similar to Radiator springs racers but with a few new scenes like the Mac scene where we re-use the catastrophe canyon scene but with different actions because water and fire won’t work well in this ride.

Luigi’s tire dance: The ride as it will be in the future. Get bumped by Guido’s family and enjoy this trackless ride.

Mater’s junkyard jamboree: The ride as we know it but with an audio animatronic Mater on the side singing the junkyard jamboree.

MU scare simulator: Test out your skills in scaring with a bunch of minigames!

Monsters inc. hide and go seek: A copy of the ride in Tokyo.

Mike and Sulley and the search for Boo’s door: A flying door rollercoaster featuring audio animatronics. Go on an expedition to find Boo’s door but beware of Randall who will try to stop you.

MU laugh floor: The laugh floor from magic kingdom finds its place here at the monsters university but now the ride also features audio animatronics and new characters and of course new jokes.

Animation studio:

Walt Disney’s One man’s dream: The gallery as we know it.

Playhouse Disney live! : The show as we know it.

How to be a villain: A ride similar to universe of energy. We first get a 4d movie part featuring some great effects and as the mirror lets us through the portal we will see some of the greatest villain moments.

Villains’ mountain: A flume ride where we see all the villains on this creepy mountain. The finale will be similar to Jurassic park river adventure but with Chernabog or Maleficent in place of the t-rex.

Magic of Disney Animation: An omnimover showing some of the greatest Animated Disney movie moments.

Golden Mickey’s: An updated version of the show with new scenes and songs.

Philharmagic: The ride will close at magic kingdom but will find its place here at animation studio. The show will use a system so that you will have different scenes every time you come.

Walt Disney Movieland:

Steamboat wharf: A ride similar to the Popeye flume ride at universal. Splash around Steamboat Willie, you will get wet.

Mickey’s enchanted slide projector: Mickey brings us on an adventure through the enchanted slide projector. See some of Mickey’s greatest cartoons and some of Silly symphonies’ greatest ones.

Band concert: A wave swinger following the Mickey short: Band concert.

Trolley troubles: A coaster where we board Oswald’s crazy trolley and race through the beautiful black and white landscape.

Plane crazy: A mini coaster similar to goofy’s barnstormer. Board Mickey’s plane and have a wacky flight.

Paint the world: An interactive shooter ride where you will paint all the black and white spots to stop the blots from taking over the cartoonland.

Indiana Jones’ adventure lot:

Indiana Jones Adventure: The ride as we know it.

Jungle jeeps: A mini-car ride where we board vintage jeeps and explore the jungle’s mysteries.

Temple of the Anaconda: A ride similar to stitch’s great escape following the curse of a temple. The anaconda king comes back to life and lets snakes and other bugs walk over our bodies to win our souls but luckily Indiana Jones is there to save us.

Mine cart race: A ride similar to Indiana Jones and the temple of peril where we race through temple ruins. The ride will feature two tracks so it will be an actual kind of race.

Star Wars Galaxies:

Coruscant:

Star Tours: The Adventure continues: The ride as we know it but with even more possibilities.

Rise of the empire: Get your own light saber and fight the dark side of the galaxy.

Jedi training academy: The show as we know it.

Yavin 4:

The Trench run: Destroy the death star with the help of Rebel pilots! This thrill ride will feature an interactive part where you can shoot at the death star.

Hoth:

Battle of Hoth: Defend the rebel bases from attacking AT-AT Snowwalkers and TIE Fighters. This ride will be a simulator similar to mission: space

Endor:

Speeder speedthrough: Family roller coaster around the forest of Endor.

Millenium falcon meet and greet: Meet Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2.

Backlot:

Backlot express: A ride similar to the Backlot tour but with new scenes and upgrades.

Immersion! : A show where you will stand in a room with screens all around you which will simulate you to some of the greatest movie moments. Maybe you will be underwater or in an Armageddon space ship or inside a boiling volcano.

Camera boat: A boat ride where we cruise through some movie scenes featuring water like Pirates of the Caribbean and pearl harbor and many more.

Disaster mover: An omnimover tour showing an earthquake, flooding, tornado and many more.

Stunt track: A dive coaster where you will be the role of the stunt actor.

Production Courtyard:

The Black hole: special effects: A ride similar to Armageddon but with a different movie and different effects.

Herbie mania: A ride which was once planned for fantasyland will now be built here at Hollywood studios.

Frozen on stage: A show where you can sing along with all your favorite frozen characters.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Legend of the Seven Seas: A combination of a dark ride and a water coaster similar to the Dutch flying Dutchman ride at the Efteling. Jack Sparrow wants to steal the cursed treasure but as we open it, we get threatened by different dangers like a kraken, mermaids and more.

Legend of Captain Jack: The ride as we know it.

Enchanted: A dark ride following Giselle’s adventure in New York City.

Gangster row:

Dick Tracey’s crimestoppers: The ride as once planned. Shoot all the gangsters in your crime car or be the gangster yourself.

Gangster stunt show theatre: A stunt show which will replace the lights..! motor..! action stunt show.

Muppet studio:

Muppet show 4d: An updated version of the today’s show.

Electric mayhem bus: This is a flying carpet ride themed to the electric mayhem Muppet bus.

Great Muppet movie tour: An omnimover ride where you’ll see some movies in Muppet style.

Muppet labs: A steel coaster where we experience the crazy experiments of the Muppet doctor.

Toontown:

Roger Rabbit’s car-toon spin: The ride as we know it but with more advanced audio animatronics.

House of mouse: http://www.google.nl/url?sa=i&rct=j...ZbBUrUXy8yTz1YdGgTXIRqKQ&ust=1415535457800451

Toontown trolley: A ride which was once planned but never became real. It will now be built here and transport you to toontown.

Ducktales: A dark ride where we follow some of the Ducks’ greatest adventure

Ducksailors: A combination of a carousel and a mini-coaster( similar to polka marina, Efteling). In the middle of the ride you will see Donald’s boat shooting water at us from time to time.

Toontown hotel: Half coaster, half free-fall ride through the mad toontown hotel from the movie.

Tim Burton Alleys:

Nightmare before Christmas: A once planned dark ride where we board Jack’s flying sleighs and soar through the magical adventure of two holidays colliding.

Frankenweenie horror: A thrilling dark ride where we see all the monsters from Frankenweenie.

Oogie boogie’s spooky game: A mouse coaster where we enter Oogie Boogie’s lair.

The Giant Peach: An exploratory ride inside James’ giant peach.

Alice in Wonderland: A rollercoaster similar to the mummy coaster at universal but now we’ll travel to Underland.

If you'd like to add or like to change something, just let me know. Animal Kingdom will be next!

orlando678-

Original Poster
Since no one seems to answer I'll start with AK.

I'd like to see more continents so maybe we can add some of those. This is a list of areas which could be fun:

Oasis: no rides but only shops and restaurants

World center: new name for discovery island and there will be a new 4d show inside the tree of life and a boat ride docking in several areas will be here too.

Ant island: based on a bug's life

Nemo's seas: a land based on Nemo. Located around the musical theatre.

Pridelands: based on the Lion King

Africa: As we know it but with new rides

Asia: As we know it but with new rides

Dinoland: the land will be rethemed and will use new rides( no more dino fair). This land could feature ice age rides too or I can make a seperate themed area

Antarctica: A land based on the coldest continent

North America

South America

Europe

Pandora: the planet of Avatar: the land as it is planned and expected

Beastly kingdom: The unbuilt land

Oceania

New age: kingdom of the future : A land based on future zoology

Galapagos islands

If you have some ideas or remarks then feel free to do so

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom