Refurbing Walt Disney World

orlando678-

Original Poster
Hey there, this thread is used for ideas fixing up the walt disney world resort in Orlando. I will send some ideas but do feel free to send some of your ideas as well. Also somewhere in this thread I'd like to discuss about what could be a great fifth gate theme. I will begin with Hollywood Studios first. Send some of your ideas and I'll see what I can do with them. I know I'm a greeny but I'd like to participate on this website.

orlando678-

Original Poster
I'll give you the names of the themed areas of Hollywood studios in my idea. These lands are based on both Behind the scenes as in the movie worlds so that we can hold the spirit of the Hollywood studios. These are the themed areas( feel free to send some of your ideas also):

Hollywood boulevard for Hollywood's fame
Buena Vista Street for Walt Disney's Hollywood carreer
Pixar Playland for Pixar movies
Animation studio for Disney animation ( including villains)
Walt Disney Movieland based on old and black and white shorts
Indiana Jones' Adventure lot for Indiana Jones movies
Star Wars Galaxies for Star Wars movies
Backlot for the behind the scenes looks of the movie
Production Courtyard for the show of how a movie looks like when it's made
Gangster row for Dick tracey and other gangster movies
Muppet studio for the Muppets
Marvel super city for Marvel superheroes( GotG, Avengers, Thor and so on)
Tim Burton alleys for Tim Burton movies( nightmare before christmas, frankenweenie)
Toontown for toons( roger rabbit, ducktales, house of mouse)
Litwak's arcade and the worlds of Wreck-it Ralph
Sunset Square for rides like ToT and Rock n' Rollercoaster

Ghibli: Worlds of Miyazaki(?)
Land of Oz(?)
Disney tv studio(?)

Be free to set free your ideas. The last three I'm not sure about. Ghibli is great for a movie park but would it work in Orlando? I'd like to bring some movie worlds to this park and that's why I chose Oz but is Oz popular enough? Disney tv studio has been in my mind for a long time but I'm afraid that it will be difficult to bring rides to this land with tv shows changing from time to time. Some disney tv shows are timeless though like Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls and so on.

Last edited:

orlando678-

Original Poster
Does anyone think that a villains land would work here, since people would say that a villains park is perfect for a fifth gate, I'm done discussing about that fact since I think it's just too much for one theme.

DinoInstitute

Does anyone think that a villains land would work here, since people would say that a villains park is perfect for a fifth gate, I'm done discussing about that fact since I think it's just too much for one theme.
Hmm, maybe. I had an idea a while back that it could be a sub-land of Fantasyland in MK. I'm not sure. Also, with the other list of lands back above, I don't really think the last three would work too well, along with a few from the regular list, because of popularity mostly. Things like the backlot could be cool if they were brought back to their original form, but it is becoming less and less "relevant", you could say, and a few others too might not work. Others, however, I find really cool and would be perfect for that park!

Wegerter

I would like to hear what you have thought about for ganster row and reck it ralph. Also instead of having a pixar land. You could have several lands deticated to pixar properties( cars land, monostropolis, toy story land, incredables land)

DinoInstitute

I would like to hear what you have thought about for ganster row and reck it ralph. Also instead of having a pixar land. You could have several lands deticated to pixar properties( cars land, monostropolis, toy story land, incredables land)
I agree about the Pixar thing, that would be cool. However, it also would be neat to have it be like it is now, with the Pixar Studios Campus theme, except with a lot more attractions. Too bad it never really got fleshed out to see that.

tcool

Some disney tv shows are timeless though like Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls and so on.

I'm sorry, but at the state of Disney TV Shows are now I would barely consider them timeless like Beauty and The Beast or Hercules. But in their own way they have a fan base, but you should never have a long term attraction based off a TV Show ever. (There are exceptions like the ones with reboots, or just genuine really good cartoons everyone knows like The Addams Family, or ones that update their formula every so often see Simpsons, My Little Pony, Scooby Doo, Sponge Bob, Looney Tunes, Mickey Stuff, Pokémon, list goes on) Completely off topic but I just remembered there were selling a Darkwing Duck Pin at DHS when I went, and I didn't buy it :in pain:

wdwfan4ver

I'll give you the names of the themed areas of Hollywood studios in my idea. These lands are based on both Behind the scenes as in the movie worlds so that we can hold the spirit of the Hollywood studios. These are the themed areas( feel free to send some of your ideas also):

Hollywood boulevard
Buena Vista Street
Pixar Playland
Animation studio
Walt Disney Movieland( based on old and black and white shorts)
Indiana Jones' Adventure lot
Star Wars Galaxies
Backlot
Production Courtyard
Gangster row
Muppet studio
Marvel super city
Tim Burton alleys
Toontown
Litwak's arcade and the worlds of Wreck-it Ralph
Sunset Square
I don't think Marvel super City is a great idea for DHS unless there is some Marvel movies coming up that isn't under that Universal Contract.

Right now that can be put into Marvel Super City for WDW compare to to rest of the Disney theme parks worldwide. The issue is the nature of the writing of the contract contract that doesn't allow allow a lot of Marvel stuff into WDW theme parks. That contract doesn't allow Avengers, Ironman, Spiderman, Captain America, and Incredible Hulk Marvel movies not to show up inside a WDW theme or being on an Epcot Monorail for that matter. DHS can't do Spiderman either. While I don't think Universal has X-men, Disney doesn't have the rights to the movies.

I know Guardians of the Galaxy appears to fine to show up at DHS, but that is about it at this time in terms of Marvel that has been turned into a movie that Disney has done.

The only options I can think for putting Guardians of the Galaxy in a DHS land is by creating a Super Hero land that isn't limited to Marvel or creating a Guardians of the Galaxy Land.

wdwfan4ver

A Villains Land can work at DHS. The fact is how many movies can be considered good or interesting without villains like Star Wars as an example. I mentioned in my own thread when I created a Hong Kong Disneyland 2nd park being a Studio Park by having the Great Villain ride. That ride is similar to the Great Movie Ride, but shows famous scenes of Villains in movies owned by Disney with Hades being the tour guide.

A Villains Land can also work at the Magic Kingdom, but there is reason why Bald Mountain aka Villain Mountain wasn't built back in the mid 1990's. The reason Bald Mountain wasn't built was because people in Disney thought the ride was too scary to put in the Magic Kingdom despite Eisner liking the concept and the ride of bald Mountain.

wdwfan4ver

There is some ideas that I didn't use in my thread in Hollywood Studios due to the fact I would be taking over the CEO position of The Walt Disney Company in June of 2018, not now based on my thread. That actually affected me big time for DHS as a result since Iger approved Pixar already .

My belief in handling Pixar isn't by having a Pixar Movie having a land, only one attraction each outside of a Food place. I am going by the amount of Pixar movies that are hits. My rule of thumb with Pixar also is if a movie is already in 2 WDW theme parks, don't have 3 WDW theme parks have attractions on the same movie.

If Iger didn't agree with the Pixar Expansion, I would have a Monsters Inc. Door Coaster when the 3rd Toy Story Midway Mania track is. The other attractions I would have done with it is Bug's Life Playground and ratatouille clone and a ratatouille table service.

orlando678-

Original Poster
The pixar land will include monstropolis, toy story playland, radiator springs, metropolis and Syndrome's island. Also the Marvel land will only use characters from Disney Marvel Movies. Ghibli, Oz and tv studio is gone for now. Can someone give some options maybe and areas which could better be replaced.

orlando678-

Original Poster
These three areas are needed for the red trolley riding over these streets. Hollywood blvd will feature the great movie adventure( same ride, new scenes, new vehicles, new name), theatre of melodies( a show about the evolution of music), hall of fame( a wax museum with some of the greatest stars and hollywood superstar limo( similar to the superstar limo ride but with a storyline, new audio animatronics and a new experience. Sunset blvd or sunset square since the actual first part of the street is buena vista street features the ToT, rock n' rollercoaster and the red trolley( well and the fantasmic theatre and the beauty and the beast theatre which will be replaced by Frozen). Buena Vista street will feature one man's dream inside the full size carthay circle theatre, the golden mickeys show with new and updated scenes and the red trolley station.

orlando678-

Original Poster
Concept for now:

New Hollywood Studios

Goals:

Bringing franchises Lucas, Pixar, Tim Burton, Henson, Marvel to the park

Keeping the studio spirit

Bring more experiences to the park

Make the park more interesting to the people

Make the park bigger

Ideas:

Yoda’s hut

Cinemagic

The Great Movie Adventure

Tower of Terror

Jedi Training Academy

Star tours II

Muppet labs

Great Muppet movie tour

Muppet show(4d)

Incredibles adventure

The Band concert

Plane Crazy

Toy Story midway mania

Avengers’ city rescue

Stark labs

Big Hero 6 family ride

Guardians of the Galaxy coaster

Frozen on stage

Magic of Disney animation

Philharmagic

Backlot express

Mod eisley pod racers

Indiana Jones expedition

Mine carts madness

Slinky dog spin

MU Comedy hall

Monsters Inc ride and go seek

Mater’s Junkyard jamboree

Villains live!

House of Mouse

Oswald’s trolley troubles

Rock n’ rollercoaster

Steamboat wharf

Mickey’s Greatest

Mike and sully and the search for Boo’s door

Red trolley station

Superstar limo

Hall of fame

One man’s dream

Golden Mickeys

MU scare simulator

RC racer

When pigs can fly

Toy Soldier parachute drop

Radiator Springs 500

Luigi’s tire dance

Art of animation

How to be a villain

Paint the world

Adventure jeeps

Temple of the anaconda

Rise of the Empire

Speeder bikes speed through

Attack of the clones(?)

Otoh Gunga Submarine voyage

Death star trench run

Camera boat

Stunt track

Disaster mover

Immersion

Pirates of the Caribbean: Legends of the seven seas

The Black Hole: Special Effects

Herbie Mania

Enchanted

Dick Tracey’s crimestoppers

Gangsters stunt show theatre

Electric mayhem bus

Iron Man Jet

Hulk’s tram

Hall of Heroes

Doctor Octopus’ wrath

Hawkeye

The Nightmare before Christmas

Frankenweenie horror

Willy Wonka’s candy boat

Willy Wonka’s factory elevator

The Giant Peach

Oogie Boogie’s game

Alice in Wonderland

Tim Burton’s scary movie ride

Toontown trolley

Roger Rabbit’s car-toon spin

Jolly trolley

Ducksailors

Launchpad’s fly school

Ducktales

Ben’s cabbie twirl

Wreck-it Ralph tower

Sugar rush

Hero’s duty

Game center train

Wreck-it Ralph: Arcade rescue (?)

The Dark mountain villains flume

Lights camera dreams!

Baby Herman’s runaway baby buggies

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Concept for now:
Avengers’ city rescue

Stark labs
Those two things are no go at WDW without violating a contract or have Universal suing Disney because of what Disney inherited when the acquired Marvel in 2009. The contract has no problems with Guardian Heroes, but not with the Avengers even with meet and greets.

The problem with Iron man and the Avengers in the contract in WDW comes from Section IV.B.1.a.1 of the contract. That section of the contracts says "i. East of The Mississippi - any other theme park is limited to using characters not currently being used by MCA at the time such other license is granted. [For purpose of this subsection and subsection iv, a character is “being used by MCA” if (x) it or another character of the same “family” (e.g., any member of THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS or villains associated with a hero being used) is more than an incidental element of an attraction, is presented as a costumed character, or is more than an incidental element of the theming of a retail store or food facility; and, (y) in addition, if such character or another character from the same “family” is an element in any MCA marketing during the previous year. Any character who is only used as a costume character will not be considered to be “being used by MCA” unless it appears as more than an incidental element in MCA’s marketing."

That contract really doesn't hurt any other Disney theme park except WDW.

Last edited:

tcool

Concept for now:

New Hollywood Studios

Goals:

Bringing franchises Lucas, Pixar, Tim Burton, Henson, Marvel to the park

Keeping the studio spirit

Bring more experiences to the park

Make the park more interesting to the people

Make the park bigger

Ideas:

Yoda’s hut

Cinemagic

The Great Movie Adventure

Tower of Terror

Jedi Training Academy

Star tours II

Muppet labs

Great Muppet movie tour

Muppet show(4d)

Incredibles adventure

The Band concert

Plane Crazy

Toy Story midway mania

Avengers’ city rescue

Stark labs

Big Hero 6 family ride

Guardians of the Galaxy coaster

Frozen on stage

Magic of Disney animation

Philharmagic

Backlot express

Mod eisley pod racers

Indiana Jones expedition

Mine carts madness

Slinky dog spin

MU Comedy hall

Monsters Inc ride and go seek

Mater’s Junkyard jamboree

Villains live!

House of Mouse

Oswald’s trolley troubles

Rock n’ rollercoaster

Steamboat wharf

Mickey’s Greatest

Mike and sully and the search for Boo’s door

Red trolley station

Superstar limo

Hall of fame

One man’s dream

Golden Mickeys

MU scare simulator

RC racer

When pigs can fly

Toy Soldier parachute drop

Radiator Springs 500

Luigi’s tire dance

Art of animation

How to be a villain

Paint the world

Adventure jeeps

Temple of the anaconda

Rise of the Empire

Speeder bikes speed through

Attack of the clones(?)

Otoh Gunga Submarine voyage

Death star trench run

Camera boat

Stunt track

Disaster mover

Immersion

Pirates of the Caribbean: Legends of the seven seas

The Black Hole: Special Effects

Herbie Mania

Enchanted

Dick Tracey’s crimestoppers

Gangsters stunt show theatre

Electric mayhem bus

Iron Man Jet

Hulk’s tram

Hall of Heroes

Doctor Octopus’ wrath

Hawkeye

The Nightmare before Christmas

Frankenweenie horror

Willy Wonka’s candy boat

Willy Wonka’s factory elevator

The Giant Peach

Oogie Boogie’s game

Alice in Wonderland

Tim Burton’s scary movie ride

Toontown trolley

Roger Rabbit’s car-toon spin

Jolly trolley

Ducksailors

Launchpad’s fly school

Ducktales

Ben’s cabbie twirl

Wreck-it Ralph tower

Sugar rush

Hero’s duty

Game center train

Wreck-it Ralph: Arcade rescue (?)

The Dark mountain villains flume

Lights camera dreams!

Baby Herman’s runaway baby buggies
Me personally I don't think Wreck It Ralph deserves a whole land. Disney can't do a Willy Wonka Ride someone already owns the theme park rights to use it in their parks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_and_the_Chocolate_Factory:_The_Ride . I also fell there's also too many _________ Movie Rides. I also don't like all the things to do at DHS it seems impossible to fit that all in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom