News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
To me, Martin was just being clever using a variation of the line from the old Spaceship Earth '94 script, "East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome"
Oh... I thought he was going for "Marching Along are Intellectuals,
The Property Song of Intellectuals,
Up or down, North, South, East or West,
An Intellectual's Life is Best!"

Maybe for the IP inclusion, they can have Thanos snap his fingers and Elsa and Anna disappear into dust.
Hey! Spoiler alert, please!!!

If anyone is interested in the Drone aspect of any future show Disney does have the appropriate FAA waivers for UAS (unmanned aircraft systems)
https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/waivers_granted/media/107W-2016-00964_Disney_CoW.pdf
Well, there you go. Somebody start checking the NOTAMs for the start date...

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Do we know if we will keep the holiday tags at least? Would hate to lose the Peace on Earth tag and the 4th tag.
I'm confident that EPCOT will do something for July 4th and NYE, POE not sure.
Our insiders would know more but I think EPCOT made new tags when ROE debuted.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I want to hear that lecture. The early 2000's was the last time WDW actually had charming and heartwarming commercials.

But that was with awful Eisner...who had to go for sit com bob...remember?

As an extension course...I’m gonna do a follow up lecture called “what would Roy think?”

Because it’s also not a coincidence that the hard core nickel and diming didnt go off the rails until Roy E and to a lesser extent Diane Disney died.

I think that’s a kinda sad epitaph.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are more shells in Happily Ever After than Wishes.
But we don’t know about part B...which is a poignant question when discussing illuminations.

Not only that...but the previous fireworks show wasn’t that impressive...at least not compared to the dozen or so other Disney shows I’ve seen over the years....

...save the sorcerers apprentice 15 seconds...that was cool 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The amount of pressure on the Reflections of Earth replacement cannot be understated. It will shape the future of that park. For me, Reflections of Earth is Epcot more than Spaceship Earth.

If the replacement falls short, it will cement Epcot as the worst Disney park in the world.

Woah woah woah....

I was with you till this point.

I’m not sure how the contention can be made that Epcot would ever be in the same sentence as “worst Park in the world”??

There have been books written about this and they are correct - epcot is the most ambitious, technologically advanced themepark ever built. It’s Disney second most significant achievement after Disneyland by a considerable margin.

Now it’s not been taken care of...20 years of awful Wall Street management...but that doesn’t put it in the company you’re keeping it. It does definitely need help.

I mean - mgm is the worst Disney Park in Orlando. Even if it’s “Ok”. That not really debatable. The design is off and it’s never been invested in to handle its crowd. Even after the next disappointing addition.

Been to studios Paris?
Even the revamped DCA is still a really disjointed layout - if still a nice Park.

If you don’t “get” Epcot...I’m not sure you understand what Disney did over their history with P&Rs

ThatMouse

Old script:
"We’re gathered here tonight, around the fire — as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us..."

New script:
"Oh Elsa I'm so excited to be here! This is going to be the best celebration ever! Are you ready to blow out the flames?"

*looks for heartburn medication*

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Happy in a way. I love this show, but I don't think any night time spectacular should run this long at WDW. Sad because the new show will feature a hip, young Mickey rapping (yes, I put the odds of Disney examining thousands of questionnaires and deciding that rap is the new hip thing at 86.4%. They are exactly 32 years off in my experience)...."I'm going to sing this song, all the nations of earth need to get along." Perhaps my mad beat box skillz will be featured on the new soundtrack. *sigh*

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Old script:
"We’re gathered here tonight, around the fire — as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us..."

New script:
"Oh Elsa I'm so excited to be here! This is going to be the best celebration ever! Are you ready to blow out the flames?"

*looks for heartburn medication*

While I want to give this a :banghead:... you're probably closer to what will happen than any of us care to admit. :in pain:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Happy in a way. I love this show, but I don't think any night time spectacular should run this long at WDW. Sad because the new show will feature a hip, young Mickey rapping (yes, I put the odds of Disney examining thousands of questionnaires and deciding that rap is the new hip thing at 86.4%. They are exactly 32 years off in my experience)...."I'm going to sing this song, all the nations of earth need to get along." Perhaps my mad beat box skillz will be featured on the new soundtrack. *sigh*

I fear this as well. I mean, rap/hip-hop has been the only thing on top 40 radio for 2 decades. That can't be coincidence/manipulation by the music industry, can it?

Memo to Chappie - Using current trends is distinctly NOT "more timeless, more relevant, more family, more Disney". In fact, it makes the problems you think you're trying to fix much, much worse.

Spash007

I fear this as well. I mean, rap/hip-hop has been the only thing on top 40 radio for 2 decades. That can't be coincidence/manipulation by the music industry, can it?

Memo to Chappie - Using current trends is distinctly NOT "more timeless, more relevant, more family, more Disney". In fact, it makes the problems you think you're trying to fix much, much worse.

I'm going to politely disagree about the state of the music industry. Yes, there has been a rise of hip hop and dance music, however, in the last 5-10 years there's been an increased use of other genres as well. Even hip hop now on top 40 radio often samples other genres, with a lot of horns, influences from different cultures' music etc. Bruno Mars comes to mind with this - yes he raps, but he also has an instrumental band that accompanies him. Country music has also gained a lot more popularity (NYC now has it's own country station even), and even in that, Country now has a lot more cross over into different genres as well (which I know a lot of Country purists don't enjoy). Also, look at singers like Adele and Sam Smith (thanks UK!) who are appreciated for their pure vocal talent. Even if you look at signers who in the past were very kitschy like Kesha and Lady Gaga, they have now branched out to do more powerful ballads and showcase talent.

But I also do hope there is no hip hop in the replacement show, and definitely no Mickey Mouse rapping (or really any Mickey at all). If though they do take some cues from pop music, I hope it's that they sample all of the countries' music to really build something powerful.

Tony the Tigger

I'm going to politely disagree about the state of the music industry. Yes, there has been a rise of hip hop and dance music, however, in the last 5-10 years there's been an increased use of other genres as well. Even hip hop now on top 40 radio often samples other genres, with a lot of horns, influences from different cultures' music etc. Bruno Mars comes to mind with this - yes he raps, but he also has an instrumental band that accompanies him. Country music has also gained a lot more popularity (NYC now has it's own country station even), and even in that, Country now has a lot more cross over into different genres as well (which I know a lot of Country purists don't enjoy). Also, look at singers like Adele and Sam Smith (thanks UK!) who are appreciated for their pure vocal talent. Even if you look at signers who in the past were very kitschy like Kesha and Lady Gaga, they have now branched out to do more powerful ballads and showcase talent.

But I also do hope there is no hip hop in the replacement show, and definitely no Mickey Mouse rapping (or really any Mickey at all). If though they do take some cues from pop music, I hope it's that they sample all of the countries' music to really build something powerful.

Hip hop is just part of the musical landscape and pop culture like any other genre.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom