News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It doesn't matter IMO, the show is improved greatly due to it, and I think their projections have improved either by the projectors themselves or how they're implementing it vs. what they started with a few years ago.

Ok...but that doesn’t relate to epcot...or the show there that was stunning when it was built during the Clinton years and was allowed to rot in front of us due to lack of timely reinvestment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I sense an insinuation the IP used will be linked to the different parts of the world?

Ratatouille - France
Frozen - Scandinavia
Mulan - China
Moana - Pacific Islands
Coco - Mexico
I’ve said nothing. It all depends on which way the compass is pointing...

Three Caballeros
Ice Cutters' Song [edited this in]
I Can Make a Man Out of You
Circle of Life
Dwarfs Yodel Song
Belle Note
Colors of the Wind
Compass of Your Heart (in Japanese)
Prince Ali
Tale As Old As Time
Feed the Birds
Great Spirits
It's a Small World

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The addition of rare song like those from Notre Dame, make FEA fresh for me.
I do understand your frustration though.

It’s not really “frustration”

People make the mistake of thinking I’m gritting my teeth as a type...

It’s just a recogntion of a decline in overall quality/ROI in the current leadership. I experienced that in Andy’s backyard recently.

It’s not that it’s “bad”...per se...it just not to the same standards.

entangled

I knew this was coming, thought about it when I was in WDW two weeks ago watching the fireworks - still such a bummer to read this news. Nothing lasts forever, but I have so many memories with Illuminations. From my one and only childhood visit, to having to hear my brother's marching band play music from the show for 4 months straight in 2006, to taking my terminally ill mother to watch it when dropping me off for my DCP in 2014... Somehow she is what is intrinsically connected with Illuminations in my mind. She loved the music so much.

My friend and I watched from the second floor of Japan's pavilion on Labor Day, now my final time seeing the show. What a view. What a show - she will be missed.

ACS_0025.jpg

brb1006

Three Caballeros
I Can Make You a Man
Circle of Life
Dwarfs Yodel Song
Belle Note
Colors of the Wind
Compass of Your Heart (in Japanese)
Prince Ali
Tale As Old As Time
Feed the Birds
Great Spirits
It's a Small World
Wait wasn't Lady and the Tramp set sometime in mid 1930's America?

AJDMB05

I sense an insinuation the IP used will be linked to the different parts of the world?

Ratatouille - France
Frozen - Scandinavia
Mulan - China
Moana - Pacific Islands
Coco - Mexico
To me, Martin was just being clever using a variation of the line from the old Spaceship Earth '94 script, "East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom