Reflections Earth Globe Gone for 3 Weeks

Dsnyguy75

Original Poster
FYI.... Starting Sept 5th, Earth Globe will be out of show for 3 weeks for video screen rehab. It will return but they are changing out the LED pixels for new ones. Just a heads up!

SANDKRUSER

I'm wondering how they're going to do the show without it? I'll be there during that time, but plan on going the last time on the 28th so hoping it's back in business by then.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Looking forward to video of the reduced-length version (please) as discussed elsewhere.

Any news on if the LEDs are a straight swap or if we can expect an increase in resolution? Assuming of course the quicktime files onboard the barge are of a higher res than the original screen.

Either way I`ll be seeing the new version in less than 4 weeks (couldn`t resist saying that!)

Figment82

I will gladly film the modified version for everyone, but I will preface this by saying that I won't have constant internet access in the coming days. I will post it when I get the first chance, but then again I'm sure someone will be able to beat me to it. :)

I forewarned my mom (who absolutely adores RoE) as she's coming down starting, of all days, Thursday (great timing, right?). But she's looking forward to seeing a different version - it'll be an interesting sight.

JML42691

FYI.... Starting Sept 5th, Earth Globe will be out of show for 3 weeks for video screen rehab. It will return but they are changing out the LED pixels for new ones. Just a heads up!
I'm sorry, but do you have a source? This rumor has been floating around here for a long time now, but the dates that people keep throwing out there are getting annoying as people are saying that it definatly will be "such and such" a date and then that date passes. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but do you have a source for the date that you are supplying?

AJDMB05

Oh wow. My favorite attraction (SSE) closed and my favorite night-time show having its middle gutted out for this coming weekend? Absolutely brutal. Good thing I have a January trip to look forward to...

..but yeah, confirmation would be nice.

JML42691

Oh wow. My favorite attraction (SSE) closed and my favorite night-time show having its middle gutted out for this coming weekend? Absolutely brutal. Good thing I have a January trip to look forward to...

..but yeah, confirmation would be nice.
I wouldn't expect it to be removed from the show tomorrow, a new poster that doesn't have much of a reputation for rumor accuracy that doesn't provide a source probably isn't correct.

csm

I wouldn't expect it to be removed from the show tomorrow, a new poster that doesn't have much of a reputation for rumor accuracy that doesn't provide a source probably isn't correct.

That's just an all out ignorant statement to make. The person can't be trusted because they are a new poster? Did it ever occur to you that perhaps they *regesitered* a user name *specifically* to share this information with the board?

I find it very frustrating that so many people share this logic; "I've made more posts than you so clearly I am more credible.".. I beg to differ. In fact my opinion is quite the opposite. In many cases I have a higher respect for people who *don't* have the time to post hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands) of times.

This new poster has given no one any reason to doubt what they say, and in fact if you paid a bit closer attention to it rather than turning it into a middle-school popularity contest, you'd notice that what the poster said is VERY spot on with all the other buzz out there right now.

Champion

That's just an all out ignorant statement to make. The person can't be trusted because they are a new poster? Did it ever occur to you that perhaps they *regesitered* a user name *specifically* to share this information with the board?

I find it very frustrating that so many people share this logic; "I've made more posts than you so clearly I am more credible.".. I beg to differ. In fact my opinion is quite the opposite. In many cases I have a higher respect for people who *don't* have the time to post hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands) of times.

This new poster has given no one any reason to doubt what they say, and in fact if you paid a bit closer attention to it rather than turning it into a middle-school popularity contest, you'd notice that what the poster said is VERY spot on with all the other buzz out there right now.

First, the name was registered in May. So your theory is wrong.

Second, rumors come from sources. Rumors are believed more when they are from sources that have been proven correct in the past. If someone is posting a rumor for the first time, they are going to be doubted. Its how it works. Otherwise we'd have people believing things like 'there are missile silos in the castle' as absolute fact.

You can get PO'ed if you'd like, but its the right thing to do to doubt someone posting a rumor for the first time rather than believe them blindly.

csm

First, the name was registered in May. So your theory is wrong.

Second, rumors come from sources. Rumors are believed more when they are from sources that have been proven correct in the past. If someone is posting a rumor for the first time, they are going to be doubted. Its how it works. Otherwise we'd have people believing things like 'there are missile silos in the castle' as absolute fact.

You can get PO'ed if you'd like, but its the right thing to do to doubt someone posting a rumor for the first time rather than believe them blindly.

What did you get for question #6 on the Geometry test? Was the answer B? I hope so!

nibblesandbits

well, hmmm...if this is true...kinda sad...my DH has never seen Illuminations, so this is our first time together in a few days. It will still be incredible I'm sure but still a bit of a bummer.

JML42691

To start this off, you are over-reacting completely on this. I am not intending to say that the poster cannot be trusted, but that more has to be done/given/proven to say that what they are saying is true. This is not new news either, this rumor originated around the beginning of January I believe.
I do not follow that logic, than you for stereotyping my attitude based on one thing that I said (that is a very mature thing for you to do). I don't care about how high or low my post count is or how high other posters' are for that matter either. Disagreeing with the sterotype that you placed on me and others, I actually believe what many people say, regardless of what their post count is, as long as there is someting to back it up to prove it true/realistic.
Yes, this poster, along with the OPs in other "Earth Barge Rehab" threads have given me reason to doubt what they are saying. I have yet to see a source that is true. The OP's info is not pretty spot with other threads as they all seem to disagree with what date it is going down . It is alike with that they all have the fact that they do not supply a source for the date of the rehab (which is what this entire thread was about)

1FoolishMortal

Yes, this poster, along with the OPs in other "Earth Barge Rehab" threads have given me reason to doubt what they are saying. I have yet to see a source that is true. The OP's info is not pretty spot with other threads as they all seem to disagree with what date it is going down . It is alike with that they all have the fact that they do not supply a source for the date of the rehab (which is what this entire thread was about)

Not to antagonize this debate here, but what exactly do you mean by "source"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom