News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Dragonman

Probably never gonna happen in any near future but it would be neat if they used Discovery Island somehow for the resort guests. A LOT of work would have to be done to the island though, I’m sure no one would justify it would happen due to all the costs and maintenance involved.

jbolen2

Going off of @MisterPenguin's picture...

You can see a intersection on the left branching down and hooking up with what looks like "W Wilderness Road" and "Frontier Way". There's another over to the right as well that looks to be linking up with the campground road.

In April when we were down we had noticed a lot of clearing on the .org side of vista blvd right past the stolport. Made me think it could be getting its own road instead of tapping in to the fort and wilderness lodge existing roads.

trainplane3

In April when we were down we had noticed a lot of clearing on the .org side of vista blvd right past the stolport. Made me think it could be getting its own road instead of tapping in to the fort and wilderness lodge existing roads.
I was only guessing based off that post, so who knows.
I hope that's the case. Keep the campgrounds quiet and let the resort have the noise. It's a whole different world back in the campgrounds and I would really like for that to still be the case even if I never have plans to stay there.

note2001

Do we have an official acronym for this resort yet?
RR now seems to indicate Riviera Resort,
In my own notes I've been keeping RoRC just so I know what and where it is (meaning Reflections of River Country which is not disney's name.)

DisneyFreak

It wouldn’t surprise me.
Think of all of the RunDisney events or quick trips to the world’s largest rave each quarter in Epcot.

Many adult couples who just need a small bedroom for their stay are over purchasing room wise for a studio.

Why not shrink the space by 1/3 and double the potential revenue? I can easily see the bean counters pushing for this, particularly if like you said, the demand truly is there.

I'm surprised they haven't come up with a plan to build a resort like a cruise ship. Think about how many more rooms they could get then? :rolleyes:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

You may have been seeing the construction access road and staging area...

1543508494720.png

peter11435

You may have been seeing the construction access road and staging area...

1543508494720.png
I still think it is possible that the Entrance road to the new property may go through this area also. I really doubt they are going to route all of the traffic to reflections through the campground or through the lodge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom