News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

tl77

Thanks, me too! lol. The Poly was my parents "place to stay" as well. Although we did try out the Golf Resort (Now SOG) in 1986. It was like an apartment or duplex or something from what I remember.
We went from the Ploy to the Golf Resort/Disney Inn too, the video images of the proposed River County resort kind of remind me of the Golf Resort a little, not real big, fairly low key

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
But I don't see them paying the cost of a transport system just for hotel restaurants in a closed loop.

What if said train also connected to the TTC (not too far from the Wilderness Lodge)? Could you then argue cutting out buses from Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and said new resort to MK and EPCOT? It would be a good argument for them investing in new Monorails... (just throwing out ideas... not clue how reasonable that would actually be)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What if said train also connected to the TTC (not too far from the Wilderness Lodge)? Could you then argue cutting out buses from Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and said new resort to MK and EPCOT? It would be a good argument for them investing in new Monorails... (just throwing out ideas... not clue how reasonable that would actually be)

I would...however I think their longterm plan is to eliminate the ttc altogether and replace the holy choo choo

deWild

Not to give the Mouse any ideas but I am honestly surprised they haven't consider filling in the area between River Country and Discovery Island to create more land to build on.

(Ducks flying bottle) :oops:

I like where your head is at. I know it’s illegal, but would there be a stipulation within the law where RCID could preserve wetland somewhere else? Like what they’re doing with the DHS expansion?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A new SFWMD permit was filed today to clean an area for temporary to stock pile earth as part of project 89. This is quite a big area so I would assume there will be a good bit of wetlands filled in for this project.

1525704902282.png

djkidkaz

A new SFWMD permit was filed today to clean an area for temporary to stock pile earth as part of project 89. This is quite a big area so I would assume there will be a good bit of wetlands filled in for this project.

View attachment 282613

Do we know what the latest info on this project is? Just some Fort Wilderness hotel expansion?

I would love to see them re incorporate some elements of River Country back into the resort. I don’t expect a full water park to reopen but I think they could create the best hotel pool area on property as a mod back to its history with river country.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That staging area looks like it was a tree farm or old orange grove with the trees planted all in straight lines.

I’m pretty sure it was...for “phase 1”...which makes it a piece of Disney history. Lining up trees for magic kingdom in the sun in the late 60’s.

There was a fascinating book about the Disney horticulture done about a decade ago that talked about that.

The current tree farm by dak is a cool place too...the “express bus” or whatever it was last year went past it.

matt9112

Do we know what the latest info on this project is? Just some Fort Wilderness hotel expansion?

I would love to see them re incorporate some elements of River Country back into the resort. I don’t expect a full water park to reopen but I think they could create the best hotel pool area on property as a mod back to its history with river country.

why would they?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s probably a large DVC..they ONLY have 1 under construction and the price is through the roof.

deeevo

This project intrigues me more than any of them just because this is one of my favorite area's in all of WDW . I run through FW when we stay at WL early in the morning and it reminds me so much of the old school Florida I grew up with. I swear they better not screw it up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This project intrigues me more than any of them just because this is one of my favorite area's in all of WDW . I run through FW when we stay at WL early in the morning and it reminds me so much of the old school Florida I grew up with. I swear they better not screw it up.

I agree...and I have run that circuit as well...

But you know they’re gonna screw it up.

I guess crescent lake and Saratoga/springs will have to do for my Brooks 😛

trainplane3

I can't remember, is Pioneer Hall going to be demo'd for this? It'd be a shame since I love the small, "no bad seat in the house" design. I'd assume Hoop De Doo would stay no matter what.

I probably should've worded like this instead: Is Pioneer Hall in the scope of the permit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom