News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Rteetz

They've pretty much retired from building non-DVC's

I'm still shocked at Coronado...and wouldn't be shocked at all if it turns out those can be "redeclared" without spending a dime
It is for the convention clients though so I wouldn't expect them to be all regular type rooms.

Rteetz

Of course not...but here's a theory: in the longterm, won't they eliminate Kitchen facilities from dvc? I bet they regret that anyway...perfectly good overpriced food revenue left on the table.
Very possible. I would think they at least keep a kitchenette type (microwave, fridge, coffee, sink). I have stayed in DVC rooms on several occasions now and never used things like the dish washer or oven.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Very possible. I would think they at least keep a kitchenette type (microwave, fridge, coffee, sink). I have stayed in DVC rooms on several occasions now and never used things like the dish washer or oven.

I bet the usage of the kitchens have declined on the whole consistently since 1994.

I do recall taking poll a few years ago where they tiptoed around the need for them as well.

NiarrNDisney

Is it just me, or does anyone else try to dissect every post by @marni1971??

For this post I'm thinking: "Is he saying that there is a plan to build a resort at this location and he's wondering if it's been made official yet?" or "Does he have so much more information to share on this project, but can't yet because it hasn't officially been confirmed?"

It's been said many time before, but once again, thank you @marni1971 for providing us with the information that you can.

Totally I found myself doing it the other day when I read a comment he post in a WoL thread and thought he was alluding to a Dr. Strange attraction. I think since he reveled some of his cryptic messages coming up on last years D23 announcements we all now read everything he post with a fine tooth comb hoping we find a bit of info.

nickys

Premium Member
Of course not...but here's a theory: in the longterm, won't they eliminate Kitchen facilities from dvc? I bet they regret that anyway...perfectly good overpriced food revenue left on the table.

I think that would be hard to do.

For new DVC resorts I suppose they could go the Poly route and just have studios, but there's no way they'll get rid of them in the larger villas of existing resorts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the some of the accommodations in DVC units are contractual. Removing the kitchens may not be allowed.
You may be right. I think when you buy in, your deeds spell out what units there are in your home resort. Remodelling existing units is probably not an option.

True...but the first wave expires in 2042...and they ALWAYS seem to get around contractual stuff. I don't know if kitchens are specifically highlighted...more the size of the units.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I could swing resale buy in if I really wanted and for a moment thought I really wanted it but it's just so much money. rather have universal on the docket too and forget DVC.

Dvc has gone up buy 125% since I bought it...just Like everything else there...
It completely changes everything. The point was a commitment that went both ways - seller and customer. Raising the price at that clip means only the customer is committing to anything.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
A likely greenlit resort, DVC or not, at the expense of the atmosphere of Fort Wilderness?

2aexser.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom