Refillable Resort Mugs Change in Jan - Rumor

WDWVito

Original Poster
Take it for what it's worth, but after talking to a cast member in food services looks like The resort mug will come with all meal plans starting in Jan 2012

Not sure if this was mentioned, if so....sorry...trying to get to the parks and did not search. :) :xmas:

NOTE: The CM told me they just got a memo about the change.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Crap. I thought this was an announcement about the mug design changing. :( I want a resort specific mug!! :brick:

I agree. I was hoping for the same thing lol.
I would not hold my breath on that one. Now that they are included with every dining plan they will want to cut the cost as much as possible. I hope I am wrong but I think the days of the resort specific mugs are behind us.

G00fyDad

I would not hold my breath on that one. Now that they are included with every dining plan they will want to cut the cost as much as possible. I hope I am wrong but I think the days of the resort specific mugs are behind us.

Oh, I agree. I just got my hopes up when I read the title of this thread. :lol: Disney seems to be about cutting as much cost as possible lately and I have serious doubt that resort specific merchandise will ever return. I know they have some for DVC resorts but that will likely be the only things we will see.

ToTBellHop

let's at least get a new design. This year's beach design was an odd pick...it seems more Castaway Cay than WDW to me. And it doesn't make sense for many of the resorts (e.g. there is nothing particularly beachy about the BoardWalk).

emcclay

They should bring resort specific mugs back. We would end up paying for the cost of them in the rising prices of the dining plan anyways.

G00fyDad

They should bring resort specific mugs back. We would end up paying for the cost of them in the rising prices of the dining plan anyways.

But Disney wants to keep that money. The only way that they, from a business standpoint, would ever bring back resort specific merchandise is if they somehow were able to get that same stuff for no more cost than the generic crap they have now, or if they could somehow turn a profit from having it. Since neither of those will ever happen, we will never see massive resort specific merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom