Refillable Mugs

WDWRLD

I think the refillable mugs offered at the resorts are great. But......Im not complaining but it sure would be nice not to have to walk all the way back to the room to unload the mugs. Wouldnt be great if somewhere in a corner of the food court they could have a locker room of sorts for the mugs. The lockers could be really small. The most ppl you can have in most rooms is 5 so you should only have 5 mugs therefore a very small locker. They could be opened by the room key. Put a small sink and some soap to clean them out and away you go. Then at night when you return from the park ready to eat nobody has to walk to get the mugs. I wouldnt mind paying a little for this or it could even be incorporated into the cost of the mug.

Rcoaster809

That would be really nice to see, but I dont think it will happen. I really like the mug wash stations at Pop Century (which I dont remember seeing at the All Stars).

Upvote 0

saltmom1

That sounds like a great idea. We carry ours with us all over the parks during the day so we can stop at the food court on the way back to the room. We also carry water bottles( filles up with ice on our way out to catch the bus for the parks) and those are the only reason we really carry a backpack. It would be nice not to have to carry that around the park all day. Anyone have any other ideas ? :wave: 17 days to Disney !:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Rcoaster809 said:
That would be really nice to see, but I dont think it will happen. I really like the mug wash stations at Pop Century (which I dont remember seeing at the All Stars).

I thought that at least ASMovies had the wash stations, and I thought I remembered Sports having them as well. I could be wrong, and just getting my value resorts mixed up. :hammer:

I would love to have someplace to drop my mug, but it's just not practical. We just plan accordingly, so we have enough time to drop them back at the room, or just empty them/wash them and bring with us. Having a stroller makes it a bit easier to have them with.

Upvote 0

tigger248

It's a good idea, but I'm not sure how many would use it. I probably wouldn't. When I buy the mugs (which isn't on every trip), I usually just carry it around the park. I'll top it off on the way to the bus and when it's empty, I rinse it out and refil it with water throughout the day. Then when we return, I dump out any remaining water and get coke in it again. The handle makes it easy to clip onto a pack (although I wouldn't recommend this when it's full! :lookaroun ) When I don't have the mug, I carry around a regular water bottle either on a shoulder strap or hooked on my pack, but this is another way to carry the mugs.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Original Poster
Portorlaens Riverside also has wash stations. I just dont like to haul the mugs with me, buts that just me, Then again I just travel light, If I cant get it in my pocket I dont cary it. We have 3 mugs, Mine , my wifes, and my 4 year olds, Thats just more than I want to carry all day.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

nicholas said:
Just as long as they don't start snapping each other with towels

:hammer:

:eek: I hate when that happens. :lookaroun

I guess I never thought about storing them. We don't use them in the morning unless we eat at the snackbar for breakfast (or someone gets up very early & heads out for coffee)...then we bring them back to the room & then head out for the day. We use them in the afternoon during breaks (filled at least twice) then in the evenings (filled multiple times). :wave:

Upvote 0

signerdreams

i agree

That sounds like a great idea! We have always driven so we leave our in our car and do it that way but if you dont drive there. Also it would be a great idea (and a great expense for disney) to have refill stations closer to the actual hotel rooms...like next to the vending machines

Upvote 0

saltmom1

That would be a great idea to have them near the vending machines in the hotel, but what would that do to vending machine business ?:rolleyes: The last I remember, I wouldn't wany to carry them in a backpack because the covers are not watertight. Can you clip them onto a waistpack ?

Upvote 0

buckybeaver

Disappointment with refillable mugs

Last time I was at Disney, I asked for the refillable beer mug :lol: When the guy behind the counter stopped laughing, he indicated that it's too bad they don't have them -- they would be a big seller.

Upvote 0

tigger248

saltmom1 said:
Can you clip them onto a waistpack ?

Yup, that's what we always do (when we buy them). I always just slide the handle of the mug on the strap of the waistpack (usually on the side it opens so I can easily remove the mug if needed). I wouldn't recommend doing this with full mugs because they spill, (not that I know that from experience or anything :lookaroun )

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

That's funny you mention that beacuse when I was at WDW (last Friday through Wednesday morning) we talked about that at our resort. We stayed at Pop Century and loved the mug wash stations but that it was a pain to get back from the parks and have to walk from the bus stop to the room, then to the food court then back to the room just for a drink. Of course they haev the machines by the room, but that's $2.50 for a 20 oz when we can get our mugs refilled for free. But anyways, back to the topic, we talked about it while eating one night at the food court that it would be nice if they had a locker or something in the foodcourt for you to put your mugs in during the day so that when you get back anytime you can just go and get them out instead of walking all over the place. Maybe an email to WDW about this could do something....highly undoubtful, but doesn't hurt to try.

Upvote 0

stitchlvr

I think a refill station by the vending machines would be great for guests, but I can see it becoming a free for all, anyone could fill up anything. We didn't buy a refillable mug at Blizzard Beach, but it looked like there was some kind of barcode system that you had to scan the mug before it would let you fill, so if that's the case, maybe that type of system would work.

We only used our mugs when we were eating at the food court at All Star Movies, as it was too crazy trying to lug them around the parks and too far to walk back to the Herbie buildings to drop them off, so the locker idea would be great, if not too expensive. Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of saving money on the refillable mugs.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Brian Skinner said:
Portorlaens Riverside also has wash stations. I just dont like to haul the mugs with me, buts that just me, Then again I just travel light, If I cant get it in my pocket I dont cary it. We have 3 mugs, Mine , my wifes, and my 4 year olds, Thats just more than I want to carry all day.

Where are the wash stations at POR? I always wash them in the hot water dispenser at the soda fountain. Is there something easier and I just overlooked them?

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Though the mugs are a great idea they have gotten more and more expensive. Also depending on where you are staying they are not as useful. We usually stay at POR and depending on what building you are in, it is just easier to go to the vending machines. In some of the far buildings you are empty before you are 1/2 way back to your room.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

mrtoad said:
Though the mugs are a great idea they have gotten more and more expensive. Also depending on where you are staying they are not as useful. We usually stay at POR and depending on what building you are in, it is just easier to go to the vending machines. In some of the far buildings you are empty before you are 1/2 way back to your room.

The only resort we have stayed in where the snackbar wasn't in the same building was the Poly. We were in one of the farthest buildings and it was a pain to walk in the dark (and rain) so we really didn't use them that much, but they still made a good souvenier.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

tigsmom said:
The only resort we have stayed in where the snackbar wasn't in the same building was the Poly. We were in one of the farthest buildings and it was a pain to walk in the dark (and rain) so we really didn't use them that much, but they still made a good souvenier.

I agree they do. I liked the older style better. The newer ones are a little cheaper looking. Have you seen the older style ones?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I have the large & small style mugs from the WL from '96 and a few sets of the newer "cup holder" styles. I have Polynesian mugs from 2002. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom