Refillable Mugs

MickeyMad

Hi - I was just wondering if someone could tell me how the refillable mug thing works and does the WDW Dolphin do it? I've done a forum search but just seem to go round in circles!!:shrug:

Nemo14

Hi - I was just wondering if someone could tell me how the refillable mug thing works and does the WDW Dolphin do it? I've done a forum search but just seem to go round in circles!!:shrug:
Basically you purchase a plastic travel mug for about $12, and you may use it at your resorts food court for unlimited refills of beverages for the duration of your stay. That being said, Since the Dolphin is technically not a Disney resort, I'm not sure if they are offered there.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I don't believe they do. I knew a person who stayed at the Swan (the sister hotel of the Dolphin) and she came to the Boardwalk to buy a mug as a souvenir because they didn't have them at the Swan.

Upvote 0

piggy1116

tipping

Has anyone just returned from WDW? How are they working the tipping? Last year when we ate Le Ceiller, they charges us $39.99 per person across the board, now that tip is not included do they charge what the actual meal is or a generic price. There is going to be 6 of us, so we are trying to figure out how much we need for tips? Thanks for all info!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Has anyone just returned from WDW? How are they working the tipping? Last year when we ate Le Ceiller, they charges us $39.99 per person across the board, now that tip is not included do they charge what the actual meal is or a generic price. There is going to be 6 of us, so we are trying to figure out how much we need for tips? Thanks for all info!
You might want to write this as a new thread, since people looking onthis threade will be looking for or giving answers about the refillable mugs.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I can confirm that Swan Dolphin have a refillable mug program. The mugs are more long and slender, do not have a handle, and feature an airial picture of the two hotels with Epcot in the background from when they first opened. They can be used at Picabu (formerly Tubbi's) which is open 24hours a day.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I can confirm that Swan Dolphin have a refillable mug program. The mugs are more long and slender, do not have a handle, and feature an airial picture of the two hotels with Epcot in the background from when they first opened. They can be used at Picabu (formerly Tubbi's) which is open 24hours a day.

Do you have a pic? I'd like to see them.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

A new thread devoted to this topic will probably get you a better variety of answers than you'll get here. However, I'll try to be of assistance. When we went in June, the receipts included a tipping guide. I believe it was 15% and 18%. However, the tip was NOT included in your bill price. The amount you left was completely optional. You could use cash, credit/debit card, or room key charge. One suggestion - if you use cash, write CASH on the tip line of the receipt. It will save the server (and possibly you) a lot of embarassment and anger. One of our servers flipped out because we didn't include any info about the tip on our receipt when we handed him our room key card to charge the meal to our DDP.

Upvote 0

Lucky

For parties of 6 or more, it's 18% automatically added to your bill.

Upvote 0

aurora1982

One of our servers flipped out because we didn't include any info about the tip on our receipt when we handed him our room key card to charge the meal to our DDP.

Oh my goodness! If a server behaved like that, they'd get no tip from me! I understand that servers are paid below breadline wages in the US, but that's no excuse to act like a spoilt child if someone chooses not to tip or doesn't understand the tipping system (as they thought you did, not that you actually did) - there are other customers around, for heaven's sake!

I wouldn't pay for the food if I were given a bad meal and I certainly wouldn't tip a server who said "where's my tip?", because that is bad service. Slow/disinterested service is one thing, and I'd still tip for that, simply to make up their wages to a liveable standard, but rudeness is quite another.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

That's good to know because I've never seen them on any list. :cool:

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender

Ooo, thanks for sharing this! Those mugs sound much more aesthetically pleasing for me and my family. The only reason we never get the regular resort mugs are due to the bulkiness. Perhaps a trek to Swan Dolphin will be on our next itinerary to get a souvenier mug. :D

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Ooo, thanks for sharing this! Those mugs sound much more aesthetically pleasing for me and my family. The only reason we never get the regular resort mugs are due to the bulkiness. Perhaps a trek to Swan Dolphin will be on our next itinerary to get a souvenier mug. :D

Thanks again.

I like the kind that are tall and fit in the cup holders, we have them from a few places and use them all the time. The big chunky ones just sit in the closet. :lol:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I like the kind that are tall and fit in the cup holders, we have them from a few places and use them all the time. The big chunky ones just sit in the closet. :lol:

That's funny b/c I prefer the rounder clunkier ones that no longer seem to be offered during the Year of a Million Dreams.

But yes the Swan Dolphin mugs are available. You can tell that the picture is an old one b/c the palm trees are super short and trimmed, and you can see both Horizons and World of Motions pavilions in Epcot if you look closely. This was the mug design back in 2002 and 2007 when we had stayed on the Dolphin side. Maybe it has switched.

EDIT: This is the main picture on the mugs when i went (upper picture on the page): http://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/location.html

Upvote 0

lbrad

Just returned from WDW...There is an automatic tip added to your bill for a party of 6!

Upvote 0

dazzer68

can you reuse mugs? or is that a complete disney nono.
i bought one from allstar in 2006, and am going back in 2009, can i use the mug?:veryconfu:lookaroun its the slender one, with the generic all stars, picture, black background with mickey and gang doing make up, etc

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom