Refillable Mugs - Scanned ??

dwnut

Original Poster
I know this may have already been discussed, but I read somewhere that the refillable mugs we purchase at the resorts now have a barcode on them, it lets them know how many times you use it. ( I wish I could remember where I read it). It will only allow you so many times to refill -- Has anyone experienced this, I hope it was just a rumour !!

Hope some one can elaborate -- Thanks!!!:confused: :confused:

DisJosh

Umm I hope thats not the case. That would really defeat the purpose of REFILLABLE mugs. I don't know where you heard it but I'm almost 100% sure that lil rumour is false. :)

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I hope that is false because when we went in November I used the refillable cup about ten times a day. If that was the case alot of people would complain and I just don't think it would happen.

Coronado

Hardly..... I have a All Star Disney 25th Aneversary Celebration mug that I used in January.... they don't care..... We chocolate coco'ed them to pieces. :rolleyes:

Beverly

I hope this isn't true. I take my mugs back with me every trip(well at least when I stay at the WL and the contemp.

disneytati

This is a false rumor. They don't really care about these refills. I have an ASSports mug from 1998, and I carry it with me every time I go. Also, there were many people who bought mugs in the prks, for 3.00, and got refills at AS Resorts.

Kisses from Brazil!
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

DisneyPhD

There was a thread about this topic but it was talking about the mugs from the water parks using bar codes to get refills. I don't remember it saying anything about limiting refills, but the machine wouldn't dispense anything until it read a valid code. I'm feeling too lazy to do a search for the thread right now.

Yellow Shoes

The mug I got at the WL in January '02 does not have a bar code.

I know this because I am drinking coffee out of it right now.

Ah....memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom