Refering to WDW...

ScrapIron

There's also a line from the Simpsons when they're in a prison and Lisa(?) says "At least it's better tha DCA" (nods all around). And of course, we all know the true inspiration for Duff Gardens and Itchy and Scratchy Land.

There was some Sandy Duncan show from 1974 with people going through the Haunted Mansion, on foot, which is included on the Extinct attraction club HM DVD. It's supposed to have a "Cheers" HM parody episode on it as well, but I can't find it anywhere on my copy.

There was a trip to WDW on "Rosanne". It seems like they did it right after Disney got ABC, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Cheers.

goofntink

Most recent one to me I thought was funny was the Spoof cartoon they do on Saturday Night Live.It involved Mickey Mouse,and the Disney vaults releasing Lion King 5 2/3 or something like that.Had a scene with Walt Disney's cryogenic frozen head and some other things .I am trying to find it online again.

iluvpoohbear

In Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (which they've been showing lately on HBO), they make a reference to "Frontierland" and "The Hall of Presidents"...it was great LOL

kcnole

One thing that irks me is that movies and shows usually refer to Epcot as EPCOT Center still. Heck, it irks me when anyone does it, especially Disney fanatics who should know better... *glare*

To those of us who remember the good old days, it will always be E.P.C.O.T. Center.

Mr Bill

Stephen Colbert made two or three references to Disney on his show a week or so ago.

He told people that there was no need to travel to Europe, as there was nothing there you couldn't just see at Epcot.

He mentioned how he loved many of the Worlds, such as the NBA World Championship, the World Series, and Disney World. Apparently, in other nations, the definition of "World" includes other countries!

I'm not sure if the last one counts as a Disney reference or not, as it originated in Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby, but when discussing video games he said "Please don't throw me in that briar patch!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom