News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Teleostei35

The people complaining that government provides perks and benefits to their employees are probably the same people who complain about long lines at the DMV or what not.

People should want good people working for them. You have to compensate if you want quality staff.
I Agree. And if the Board wants to change the terms of employment, then start with new hires in the new fiscal year. That shouldn’t penalize current employees or retirees.

Isamar

New scheduling order in the federal court lawsuit:

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA TALLAHASSEE DIVISION
WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS U.S., INC.,
Plaintiff,
v. Case No. 4:23-cv-163-AW-MJF
RONALD D. DESANTIS, in his official capacity as GOVERNOR OF FLORIDA, et al.,
Defendants.
_______________________________/
ORDER REGARDING BRIEFING SCHEDULE
The court approves the parties’ joint stipulation regarding the briefing schedule. Defendants’ deadline to respond to the Second Amended Complaint is September 28, 2023. Plaintiff’s deadline to respond is October 19, 2023. Defendants may reply no later than October 30, 2023.
SO ORDERED on September 15, 2023.
s/ Allen Winsor
United States District Judge

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the initial agenda for the next CFTOD Board of Supervisors meeting on September 27.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 5.18.57 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 5.19.30 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 5.19.59 PM.png

Isamar

I’ve also just posted a link to the agenda that contains his Engagement Letter & CV, but my post has been held for moderator approval so it may take some time to be visible…Update: look 👆

Last edited:

MR.Dis

Is Randy Singh the same as Rick Singh-the county assessor that started the dramatic increase in property value at WDW. If yes, how strange he would become City Manager within WDW.

Isamar

Is Randy Singh the same as Rick Singh-the county assessor that started the dramatic increase in property value at WDW. If yes, how strange he would become City Manager within WDW.

I had never heard of either of them until now, but they seem to be different people. I found an Orange County Budget document from 2020-2021. It listed Randy Singh as a Deputy County Administrator (this would be the new City Manager for BL & LBV) and a Rick Singh as a Property Appraiser. It’s a very common surname.

Disstevefan1

I am sad for the CFTOD employees. They are pawns in this fight between (you know who) and TWDC.

CFTOD is doing this ONLY because the money TWDC billed RCID for all the tickets, awards, etc. was money they went back to TWDC and (you know who) hated that.

Will this change help the district in any way? NO. All it does is to lower morale of the CFTOD workers and their families.

JoeCamel

I am sad for the CFTOD employees. They are pawns in this fight between (you know who) and TWDC.

CFTOD is doing this ONLY because the money TWDC billed RCID for all the tickets, awards, etc. was money they went back to TWDC and (you know who) hated that.

Will this change help the district in any way? NO. All it does is to lower morale of the CFTOD workers and their families.
I think the new board is trying to get all expenditures under their direct control. Before it was an item that had to be provided no matter the cost, this way they can spend funds for a stipend and adjust those costs no matter what Disney does with pass pricing. I understand why but it still stinks that they choose to do it in the name of doing business like a business and not an arm of Disney World.

Disstevefan1

I think the new board is trying to get all expenditures under their direct control. Before it was an item that had to be provided no matter the cost, this way they can spend funds for a stipend and adjust those costs no matter what Disney does with pass pricing. I understand why but it still stinks that they choose to do it in the name of doing business like a business and not an arm of Disney World.
The pass pricing is a good point. For legal purpose TWDC must have billed the district bust out retail and that cost goes up as ticket prices goes up and all the money goes into into the pockets of TWDC whether the tickets are used or not.

So yes, good point they gain control of the stipend AND stick it to TWDC (you know that is part of it too!)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Maybe a public commentor can ask the board why they do not keep any BoS files listed on their website bedsidess the upcoming meeting - even though the data is all there? People can navigate folders... why is a board so focused on TRANSPARENCY obfuscating information unnecessarily?

The CFTOD has released the full Board of Supervisors package for the meeting this Wednesday, September 27.

The full package can be found at this link.

Here's the language from the document on the new stipend program for CFTOD employees.

View attachment 744927View attachment 744928

So comparing the packet vs the Aug 23 budget summaries.. somehow there is a new 660k in 'Miscellaneous Revenues' that wasn't listed in the Revenue section in the live Aug 23 presentation.. which seems to be Interest and 'other' Income in the General fund.. but for some reason wasn't part of the presentation (but was in the detailed budget in the packet).

Their expenditures total grows to 193,595,485 up from 191,610,197 (up 1,985,288) - with the difference largely made up by reducing the The General Fund Balance/Reserves compared to the Aug 23 version. (34,753,057 vs 36,719,345) (delta of 1,966,288)

But because the Sep27 packet only presents a summary of the budget - in a format completely different from every other reading of the budget (with no actual breakdown) - its difficult to discern how much they plan to offer employees or how much they plan on spending on the program. (the packet only includes the policy outline, not the planned expenditures).

But thank god it says "The tentative, adopted, and/or final budgets are on file in the office of the above referenced taxing
authority as a public record" - Bless their heart...

Best swag is the roughly 2 million delta between the two proposed budgets... and remember they boasted saving 2.5 million by eliminating this benefit in the first place.

Also notable in the new policy is the exclusion of the policy as it relates to employees covered under collective bargaining. It will be interesting to see if they make any statements about the negotiations since last meeting, or if Garcia is gonna hold the hard line of "you get what you negotiated" aka NOTHING.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom