News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Figgy1

Premium Member
Again with the mythical unnamed taxpayers:cautious:
kelly rowland 90s GIF

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
“We could not be advised by a better or more qualified expert than Professor Kochan,” announced Martin Garcia, Chairman of the CFTOD Board. “And the work is critical. For over 56 years, Disney had their own governmentally controlled kingdom which, while sparking economic growth for central Florida, also produced many negative outcomes for the taxpayers, employees, and citizens of Orange and Osceola Counties.”

Garcia explained, “In the past six months, our Board has adopted new policies and practices to fix some of the glaring issues. To discover and solve more latent problems, the Board is turning to Professor Kochan to elucidate some of the economic and legal implications the old structure created and provide recommendations to further reform the District to make it more responsive to the citizens of central Florida.”

Oh boy! I can't wait!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Spending 1million to have their own comms network so they don’t have to use disney connectivity
Not a bad idea. Ive heard that Disney's system spreads cooties. To be safe, the Board should pay an expert $100k and tell him or her what to conclude. 50 pages max. The Board won't have more than 10 seconds to scroll through the final report.

MandaM

Big item that was taken away in a previous location I worked at was company pension for all incoming staff. New CEO wanted to focus in on more profits and next alternative to incoming staff is - save for retirement ? Invest in 401K. That's real world compared to losing theme park passes.
That benefit weren’t actually removed for those people. Their terms of employment didn’t ever include a pension. That’s not the same as the firefighters who currently have AP’s but are losing them and therefore having their benefits reduced retroactively.

JoeCamel

It's just a way to funnel money to someone who will write a "study" that will say "Yes, this place was a hellhole before the CFTOD clods rode in so they should do whatever they want."
I think they went to the Disney school of information gathering when they have a conclusion before any study is started such as "legislative and municipal authority to ensure that special interests do not benefit at the expense of the public in the future."

Here's $100 an hour to prove us right......

flynnibus

Premium Member
I do kind of feel bad for them. They had the rug pulled out from under them.

I don't at all. You sleep with dogs you get fleas. They KNEW who they were dealing with and why those people were there in the first place.

They took an obviously short-sighted position of jumping on the opposite side to try to get a win, and willingly turned off their brain. When the Con man promises you everything, it's on YOU to recognize who you are working with and to decode their real position.

I mean, this was writing on the wall that they'd get burned. We all said it back then. Are we savants? Or just more balanced?

These are posts quoted below are from the day of their big rah rah Press Conference with the Gov.. I mean it was obvious then they were just kissing Gov's tail because he promised them the world. And now, 8 months later when reality hits, they get to sleep in the bed they made.

Feb 27, 2023
I can't wait to see where these RCID firefighters are in 12months.

Feb 27, 2023
What you saw was brown nosing to their new boss... hoping they can get pay raises because their Union has been at odds with the old leadership.

When they should have realized they just traded one overlord for a different one... and one that probably doesn't care to have a world class service just for the WDW area.

No the firefighters didn't pass the laws, or put the board in place, nor could they have stopped it. But when your support and message is for sale so easily... you reap what you sow.

Last edited:

GrumpyFan

I don't see this happening, but Disney could make themselves out to look like the heroes in this situation by offering a special AP to the firefighters and all first responders, really. I thought they did this already, but can't seem to find anything. Maybe they did in the past. Regardless, I think they should add a special discount for them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think they went to the Disney school of information gathering when they have a conclusion before any study is started such as "legislative and municipal authority to ensure that special interests do not benefit at the expense of the public in the future."

Here's $100 an hour to prove us right......
The study in itself is inline with the charter of the district and it's purpose - the structure to self-assess and report to keep the scope of the district on point and limited. The problem is we know the obvious opportunity it provides for the biased leadership to try to weaponize the scrutiny to push their own ideology and agenda.

Disney Analyst

I don't see this happening, but Disney could make themselves out to look like the heroes in this situation by offering a special AP to the firefighters and all first responders, really. I thought they did this already, but can't seem to find anything. Maybe they did in the past. Regardless, I think they should add a special discount for them.

Great idea.

lazyboy97o

The study in itself is inline with the charter of the district and it's purpose - the structure to self-assess and report to keep the scope of the district on point and limited. The problem is we know the obvious opportunity it provides for the biased leadership to try to weaponize the scrutiny to push their own ideology and agenda.
They’re supposed to review their scope and authority, but this does add on previous scope and authority that no longer exists. Because I don’t believe them about there independence of thought, this seem like a contingency plan for unfavorable court rulings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom