News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

JoeCamel

The affidavit from the process server was posted. Do you typically raise an issue where there isn’t a valid issue in dispute
You would be surprised what "facts" can be argued in a suit, until a Judge rules it is all fair game if it can be tied to the case no matter how tenuously

Chi84

Premium Member
The affidavit from the process server was posted. Do you typically raise an issue where there isn’t a valid issue in dispute
Lawyers are not allowed to raise issues that are “frivolous,” meaning issues that have no basis in fact or law. If they do, the opposing party can seek sanctions including the cost of defending against the frivolous motion. The judge will then make that determination. That’s a high bar to meet because lawyers are given a lot of leeway in deciding which issues to raise.

JohnD

Doubtful. Assuming the CFTOD suit makes it to the Florida Supreme Court, the Court is already stacked with DeSantis appointees. One judge being forced to recuse herself wouldn’t have made any difference.

Besides, that case may even be dismissed.
I disagree. That's the very reason. There's a suit brought by the CFTOD against Disney in state court. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think it could go all the way to the State Supreme Court. Whether his wife would still have to recuse herself even after her husband resigned from the board is for others to debate. But his resigning now as his wife is appointed to the SC is definitely linked.

Last edited:

Stripes

Premium Member
I disagree. That's the very reason. There's a suit brought by the the CFTOD against Disney in state court. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think it could go all the way to the State Supreme Court. Whether his wife would still have to recuse herself even after her husband resigned from the board is for others to debate. But his resigning now as his wife is appointed to the SC is definitely linked.
If the board/DeSantis thinks they will need her to rule in their favor they must not have a very strong case.

Disney also has a strong argument that the suit filed in state court is moot due to Senate Bill 1604 and the case should be dismissed.

IMG_0342.jpeg

JohnD

If the board/DeSantis thinks they will need her to rule in their favor they must not have a very strong case.

View attachment 718885
Showing me who is on the State Supreme Court right now is pointless. If his wife is being appointed there, and a case involving CFTOD and Disney could come before it, his resigning makes sense. Otherwise, her accepting the position and his staying on the board leads to all sorts of valid criticisms. Many would be cited right here in this forum, rightfully.

Stripes

Premium Member
Showing me who is on the State Supreme Court right now is pointless. If his wife is being appointed there, and a case involving CFTOD and Disney could come before it, his resigning makes sense. Otherwise, her accepting the position and his staying on the board leads to all sorts of valid criticisms. Many would be cited right here in this forum, rightfully.
The case could very well be dismissed as moot. Why not wait until the judge issues a ruling before deciding to resign?

I would argue that Michelle Sasso should still recuse herself from the case given it was her husband that voted to declare the contracts void even if he is no longer on the board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom