News Reedy Creek Fire Department responds to Monorail stuck on EPCOT line

JoeCamel

That tire looked like it separated at the seam where it is joined, auto tires are laid up with overlapping joints fused together, this looks like a race car tire

Kamikaze

In my opinion, the monorail served WDW just fine for the last 50 years.

You are free not to use it.
Don't worry, I don't.

The DLR monorail works for the amount of guests that want to use it and to get them transported in a timely manner. The WDW monorail does neither of those. Yes, it was much better at it when WDW had a fraction of the crowds, but that time has long since passed.

WDW (and theme park in general) guest flow is large peaks of crowds at certain periods of the day, and much lower crowds for the rest of the day. The monorail, being a fixed track with very limited capability for flexibility, is not the best solution for this.

Its not my fault that I don't live in Nostalgialand.

Disstevefan1

Don't worry, I don't.

The DLR monorail works for the amount of guests that want to use it and to get them transported in a timely manner. The WDW monorail does neither of those. Yes, it was much better at it when WDW had a fraction of the crowds, but that time has long since passed.

WDW (and theme park in general) guest flow is large peaks of crowds at certain periods of the day, and much lower crowds for the rest of the day. The monorail, being a fixed track with very limited capability for flexibility, is not the best solution for this.

Yes, I know, everything is better DLR. Thanks for the reminder.

The Colonel

Homerun Colonel!! I was on it this morning. Received 2 lightning passes, $100 in gift cards and a cold Dasanti. All I know if you could hear on the radio one of the cars said stuff was leaking from the roof.
Stuck for 90 minutes? Did they communicate with you while you were sitting there?

TrainsOfDisney

That would apply to the skyliner as well correct? I think it was you that seemed to have an issue with anyone who enjoyed transportation.

The monorail system, when set up and run efficiently, is an ideal people mover system for a space like the WDW resort. If your answer is bus, bus, and more busses you aren’t looking at this realistically either.

esskay

That tire looked like it separated at the seam where it is joined, auto tires are laid up with overlapping joints fused together, this looks like a race car tire
Ah theres a simple explanation for that. It's for the nighttime monorail drag racing events that take place from TTC to the poly. 0 to 60 in under a minute!

Kamikaze

That would apply to the skyliner as well correct? I think it was you that seemed to have an issue with anyone who enjoyed transportation.

The monorail system, when set up and run efficiently, is an ideal people mover system for a space like the WDW resort. If your answer is bus, bus, and more busses you aren’t looking at this realistically either.
Fixed rail transportation systems without constant boarding are not ideal for WDW. I would think someone who goes by 'Trains of Disney' would at least admit that.

Skyliner is different because it is constantly loading. It doesn't have 5 minute periods of nothing happening (excluding breakdowns, obviously).

If a PeopleMover style system replaced the existing monorail track, that would be an immense improvement for the same reason as the Skyliner is superior to the monorail.

But yes, in most cases, buses are the correct solution for WDW.

I don't care about what the system looks like, I just want it to get me there as quickly and efficiently as possible.

TrainsOfDisney

Fixed rail transportation systems without constant boarding are not ideal for WDW. I would think someone who goes by 'Trains of Disney' would at least admit that.
Well, I don’t admit it, nor do I agree with it.

Constant boarding and fixed rail have nothing to do with hourly capacity.

I noticed the monorails on the epcot line were only doing like 30 mph the last time I was there, that along with extended dwell times at stations definitely reduces the efficiency of the system though.

Touchdown

I bet I get back to the contemporary post fireworks at closing time sooner then people get back to Pop Century. I’ve walked by the skyliner line right at closing, it ain’t pretty. Also yes I realize I add 30+ min riding the resort loop.

JoeCamel

Where did you see a picture of the tire? I’m missing it…
1698787743010.png

Robbiem

The monorail is turning into the one from batman begins 😀✌️

Seriously though the trains might be old but they aren’t that old. Plenty of places have trains which are 50 years or more old including the steam trains at Magic Kingdom and a lot of the London tube. Its not the age of the train its how it’s maintained that makes the difference you can keep it going but the older it gets the more it will cost you so it reaches a point where buying new is cheaper

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom