Red Sox Win!! Now when is the parade?

Nemo14

Anyone else have flashbacks of Grady letting Pedro stay in against the Yankees in the 8th during game 7 of the 2003 ALCS last night? When lackey told Farrell in the 7th with the bases juiced that he had this, my stomach lurched!

Performance
Enhancing
Drugs

Yes I did - I was screaming at the TV!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There's no way the parade is at WDW on Saturday if the Duck Boat parade is on Saturday in Boston. Which ever players go to Florida can't be in two places at once.
I believe the question was asked before they announced the parade would be on Saturday....

draybook

Baseball is boring anyways. Heck, I'd watch soccer before I watch baseball. That being said, as long as they Yankees aren't winning I'm happy.

zurgandfriend

I was walking up Main Street USA with my then new 2004 Rex Sox Champion shirt on when a man came up to me, pointed at my shirt, turned to his wife and said "look what that shirt says honey." His wife was a Yankees fan... I didn't stop to chat.

Disnee4Me

Yep they won. Now they have only 25 more to go to chatch up
I think they are only 18 wins behind the Yankees. I am a Yankee fan, but I am very happy for the Red Sox today, after what Boston went through earlier this year, they deserve something good to happen there. And they had a phenomonal season. Funny thing is I realized, the last time they won the World Series in Fenway, my grandmother was pregnant with my mother (she'll be 95 in January).

rodserling27

Anyone else have flashbacks of Grady letting Pedro stay in against the Yankees in the 8th during game 7 of the 2003 ALCS last night? When lackey told Farrell in the 7th with the bases juiced that he had this, my stomach lurched!
I definitely did. Got real nervous. But I knew they'd pull it off, they were so much more determined than in 03. I was born and raised in Boston, so proud of last night! After years of turmoil and torment, it's nice for the BoSox to keep on and winning the World Series.

The Mighty Tim

So the Boston Red Sox are world champions again. As a huge sox fan and someone who will be down in wdw starting this Saturday, I was wondering when everyone thinks will be the parade? I am hoping to see David Ortiz coming down main street U.S.A still celebrating his many accomplishments of the year.

Hang on, didn't the Dominican Republic win the World Baseball Classic earlier this year, making them the "World Champions"?

Sorry to nitpick, but I do find it amusing that the champions of North American baseball are referred to as the World Champions, despite not having played against teams from other countries.

(seriously, well done Red Sox. It just so happens I'll be in Boston for Opening Week next year, and I suspect now my chances of getting tickets has been drastically reduced!)

WelshBatman

Your chances of getting opening week tickets this late (world series or not) was already drastically reduced. You might be able to score some standing room tickets but even those aren't cheap. Good luck though.

matt9112

Hang on, didn't the Dominican Republic win the World Baseball Classic earlier this year, making them the "World Champions"?

Sorry to nitpick, but I do find it amusing that the champions of North American baseball are referred to as the World Champions, despite not having played against teams from other countries.

Well the MLB is considered the cream of the crop for world baseball to some...the pay is surely the best and it attracts the best PLAYERS from all over the world (I believe there's more foreign players coming up these days than American kids)

Some of the best players on the sox are from other country's.

Think NHL it attracts the best hockey players from around the world.

(seriously, well done Red Sox. It just so happens I'll be in Boston for Opening Week next year, and I suspect now my chances of getting tickets has been drastically reduced!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom