RED BALOON next to Cirque & HoB in DTD

billybluenose

Original Poster
No, not Ninety Nine Luft Balloons, just one.

It's probably a hundred feet high. It's higher than Cique du Soleil. It's flying over the vacant lot between Cirque and the back parking lot for Downtown Disney West Side.

There has been much talk of some big changes to the Downtown Disney, perhaps this is the first physical sign of big changes happening on the West Side.

C'mon ESPN the Whatever!

-Billy

goofyfan13

Thanks for the update. I too am hoping for something along the lines of ESPN Zone, however if it's something for a new restaurant, it's probobly for T-Rex. If anyone has any pictures of this please post, I'm very curious to see what this thing looks like. :wave:

100 Acre HS

I believe the cast portal said that T-Rex was going to go more in the area of the current west end stage after all the renovation is done. Maybe it is for the monorail expansion!

Epcot82Guy

I have no clue where the new T-REX is going, and this site may be likely. However, I doubt the balloon was for that. They claimed that the restaurant show building was to be approximately two stories tall. Granted, they could certainly add something to it (volcano, etc.), but it seems that difference of over 70' would be excessive. I would guess this would be something physically larger than it seems the T-REX building is going to be.

imagineersrock

goofyfan13 said:
Thanks for the update. I too am hoping for something along the lines of ESPN Zone, however if it's something for a new restaurant, it's probobly for T-Rex.

The articles I have read suggest T-REX being placed near Pleasure Island. While I agree that the open area next to Cirque is an obvious location for future expansion, it seems that area will be for something else because it is nowhere near PI.

I'm actually getting pretty excited about this whole PI/DTD makeover, mainly because we know so little about it. I'm just hoping all these changes are for the better.

peter11435

I went to Epcot this morning around 10:30 and the balloon was still there but when I went by about 15 minutes ago it was gone. I tried to get a pic the first time but it didn't come out. It was definitly much higher than Cirque.

GothMickey

Ok, here is what I found out: There will be a new dinner show called Hogwarts.... This will be a show based on Harry Potter... Creatures that were supposed to be included into Beastly Kingdomme will be part of the show.... And also, there will be a monorail expansion directly to Hogwarts... Monsters Inc and the Incredibles will be operating the monorails... Indiana Jones will be making the monorail announcements... Disney officials said they kept reading this site and decided to give Disney fans what they want.. Ohh I forgot to mention.. The monorails will be designed like the robocoasters.. not the traditional monorails.

napnet

GothMickey said:
Ok, here is what I found out: There will be a new dinner show called Hogwarts.... This will be a show based on Harry Potter... Creatures that were supposed to be included into Beastly Kingdomme will be part of the show.... And also, there will be a monorail expansion directly to Hogwarts... Monsters Inc and the Incredibles will be operating the monorails... Indiana Jones will be making the monorail announcements... Disney officials said they kept reading this site and decided to give Disney fans what they want.. Ohh I forgot to mention.. The monorails will be designed like the robocoasters.. not the traditional monorails.

:wave:

MickeyTigg

Anyone think that the balloon may have been a marketing ploy to draw attention to PI and has nothing to do with construction?

:lookaroun

peter11435

TiggerRPh said:
Anyone think that the balloon may have been a marketing ploy to draw attention to PI and has nothing to do with construction?

:lookaroun
Nah. If you seen it you would know it was a height test.

Oh right! That hasn't been mentioned anywhere yet on this thread! I also assumed it was for advertising purposes, or even like the huge one at DLP's Disney Village. I'm with you now...

peter11435

TiggerRPh said:
I doubt it.
Seriously think about it. It was a single red balloon that was up there for less than a day. Not to mention it was so small you could barely see it if not actually at Pleasure Island. It looked like just a red speck. There is no way it was there for advertising purposes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom