Recommendations Please

baggienath7

Original Poster
Good morning everyone,
So me and my partner are staying at PORS in September and been looking in to ADRS we cant quite book anything right now, however we are thinking of doing at least 5 sit down evening meals, we have been thinking about the California Grill one night as we have heard its amazing at night time to watch wishes, however as this will be the first time doing any sort of evening dining within the parks was after any recommendations and tips for booking early.
we are staying for 2 weeks so could be more open to more than 5, but using that as a guide right now. we do have a QSDP which i'm guessing we could use on some nights to get quick dinner, but was mainly going to use this for breakfast and lunch times.
but seriously any help with any dinning would be a massive help, as were pretty new to it all.

Thank you in advance.

:D

zurgandfriend

I would recommend a mix, some of the signature restaurants, California Grill, Jiko and Holly Brown Derby. Some character buffets 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. There are many great restaurants in the deluxe resorts, Kona Cafe, Captain's Grille and Grand Floridian Cafe. You may want to look at the dining section on this site and on allearsnet.com. You can check-out all of the menus, read reviews and figure out where you want to eat.

Tinkerkell

A mix is good, as recommended above. A character meal is a fun and unique-to-Disney experience so I'd try to hit one of those. Tusker House (lunch and breakfast) is my favorite.

It's hard to recommend restaurants without knowing your tastes and cuisines you enjoy. Take the look at the menus and start there. Look at the resorts as well as the parks. Pick at least one place in Epcot's World Showcase.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd say find a mix of character and signatures that suit your tastes! We like CP and HBD and and book a Fantasmic! dining package at either HBD or MM avoid Hollywood and Vile at all costs!! The package will save you quite a bit of time on line for Fantasmic! Check out the menus at allears.net to see what looks good to you! Most of all book at 180 days at 6am by computer or 7am eastern by phone for your 180 + 10 so you get exactly what and when you want! HAVE FUN PLANNING!

Tinkerbell 8

Wow a lot of choices come to mind, we LOVE food so we've tried a fair amount of the restaurants in Disney. First of all, you said you have the QSDP, have you looked into upgrading it to the regular DDP? If you plan on doing some sit down dinners, I would try to figure out how much it would be to upgrade and how much you would be spending OOP and compare which would work out better for you, some of the meals can be pricy! Either way, here's a list of some of my favorite. As others have said, I would do a mix, example some character meals, some quieter sit downs, this way you get a great feel for all things Disney.

Character meals: 1900 Park Fare (GF), 'Ohana (Poly), Crystal Palace (MK)
Quick Service: Pecos Bill (MK), Columbia Harbor House (MK), Sunshine Seasons (E)
Regular: Boma (AKL), Kona (Poly), Kouzzina (BW), Nine Dragons (E), Coral Reef (E), Tony's Town Square (MK)
Signatures: California Grill (Contempo), Narcossees (GF), Artist Point (WL), Jiko (AKL)

Hope this helps! Make sure you know exactly what day to call to make your ADR's, they book up extremely fast!

real mad hatter

Well the first thing you've got to decide is what do you both like.? Then it's all downhill from there..Steaks..Jiko or Cali Grill or Shula's or Yachtsman...Fish...Fultons or Flying Fish etc..Everyone has their favourites and not so favourites.Kinda like asking someone what car they would recommend. Example..Le Cellier has a load of fans,yet our one and only one experience was pretty poor.Have fun and check reviews and menus.;)

bmarkelon

I agree with the above suggestions of grabbing a nice variety; planning our dining itinerary is my favorite part of Disney trip planning. A few of our all time favorites that you just can't go wrong with are, California Grill, Via Napoli, Ohana, and Flying Fish Cafe. That gives you a couple hits off the monorail, a great stop in the World Showcase and a visit to the Boardwalk. There are so many great restaurants out there, definitely start reading menus and reviews, these boards are super helpful, take some time to list the ones you want to hit. Enjoy and happy planning!

Allygator

If you are going to Cali Grill to watch wishes,keep in mind that the MNSSHP will also be going on that week too. For instance we are going to the party on Tuesday but I booked a late dinner at Narcoossee's to watch hallowishes during dinner. If you decide to do this, the nights that MK closes at 7:00 are the party nights. As far as other restaurants, we like 'ohana ad we are trying Sanaa for the first time this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom