Recommendations for a Bag?

Tanya Stamps

Every time I have went to Disney I have had a stroller with us to cart around all of our stuff. As my children are now 11 and 8 and we will not be taking a stroller this time. I have read all of the pros and cons of messenger bag versus backpack and I still can't make a decision. I have an SLR camera that I will be bringing so I need a bag that will carry that and I don't want to have both a purse/bag and camera bag so I am hoping to combine them. For those of you that carry a large camera, and no stroller, what do you usually carry it in? If you can give me specific links to the bags you like, that would be GREAT!!!! Thanks!

Tanya Stamps

Original Poster
I was looking at that one. I was just wondering how well my camera would fit in it, since I don't have one to see, it was hard for me to decide. Also, with the zippers being on the side, I was wondering if it was good for a camera, to have it on your back everytime you want to take a picture you would have to get it off your back..... just wondering..... I am considering it.

Upvote 0

Wildflower

Difficulty I've had is that more of the "camera bags" don't really accomodate other non-camera things particularly well...the sections are designed for camera accessorries so are velco compartments and smaller stuff moves around (providing a fabulous freak-out thinking I lost my wallet).
Currently I use: http://www.ebags.com/product/ameri-leather/chief-backpack/234218?productid=10216434
I use the outside zippered compartment in the back for my wallet, the center zip pockets for usual purse stuff, then the center for accessories. BUT you still have to figure out a solution to cushion/waterproof your camera (a la a case that fits ONLY your camera)....

Upvote 0

Tanya Stamps

Original Poster
I have a waterproof camera bag, stand alone that I could shove into a bag if the bag was big enough to accommodate it. Most of the time though I end up carrying that bag around with nothing in it because I just dump the camera into my other bag and don't put it back in the camera bag. lol I am trying to avoid that. There may be no great solution though, I may end up carrying 2 bags.

Upvote 0

Tanya Stamps

Original Poster
Thanks Matt!!! I will message her. I don't have a consult anymore as the one I had doesn't do it anymore. I have a bag from 31 I was considering using, it is just a crossover bag just one large pocket and then two outside pockets but I have used it for other things and then just dump my camera in there. Last resort I will just use that but I thought maybe there were others that have taken an SLR camera and may have figured out a good solution. :)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I usually use a messenger bag, either a Timbuk2 or Crumpler (depending on size needs) with either a camera divider insert, or some of the Domke electronics wraps (depending on how much gear I'm bringing). But I usually also pack rain jackets, video camera, resort mug, trip notes, and other assorted stuff and it works for me.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Class...e=UTF8&qid=1459354440&sr=8-2&keywords=Timbuk2

I am thinking this one in "small". I could fit a couple "mom" things in there along with camera, video camera, phone, it has compartments that close tightly so things won't fall out.... just wondering do you think the "small" will be good?

Well, my DW uses an extra small as a "purse", small sweater, phone, water bottle, a few other things. We use a small as a diaper bag, enough room for a change of clothes, 4/5 diapers, some wipes, a toy or two and a few snacks and that's pretty snug. I use a medium as my daily bag, can shove two laptops, and ipad and other assorted work stuff in there no problem, or the padded insert with a body, 2/3 lenses and assorted gear. If you are carrying a full sized DSLR the small might be a little small. Maybe try looking at some shots at cambags.com to see size comparisons.

Upvote 0

Tanya Stamps

Original Poster
I ordered it in Medium. Thank you so much for helping me figure it out. It looks like a GREAT bag. I was originally planning to take my backpack laptop bag on the plane but now I am thinking that I will just use this for the plane and then when I get to FL use it for Disney. I think it might work for both which will be a great help to me for packing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom