Recipe???

tigsmom

Caramel Creme Brulee
from Kona Cafe, Polynesian

16 oz Heavy Cream
6 oz Caramel from the can
5 oz Egg yolks

1. In a sauce pot over the stove, heat the heavy cream and caramel and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and add the egg yolks to the heavy cream mix.

2. Wisk until all ingredients are incorporated.

3. Pour in each ramekin and bake in Baine Marie at 250 F for 1 hour and 25 minutes.

4. Chill for at least 2 hours.

5. Top with fresh bananas, sprinkle with sugar and torch

Note: It doesn't say how many servings this makes.
Canned caramel? Maybe sauce.

southerngirl

Does anyone have the recipe for the "regular" chocolate chip cookies at the Main Street Bakery? I know it's different than the original toll house morsel recipe (although the bakery is hosted by nestle). Those cookies are soooooo gooooood!

tigsmom

This was the only recipe I found for cookies from the Bakery...

Gourmet Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies

from Main Street Bakery, Magic Kingdom

1 cup Butter
1 tablespoon Brown sugar
1 cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
¼ teaspoon Vanilla
¼ cup Cocoa powder
1 ½ cups Flour
¼ teaspoon Baking soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
18 oz Semisweet chocolate chunks

Preheat oven 375 F. Cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend well. Refrigerate 30 mins. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart. Bake until cookies are set, 5-8 mins. Cool slightly and remove from pan. When making large cookies, press down slightly on cookie dough to help cook more evenly. Bake slightly longer, 8-10 mins.

barnum42

Here is one I have tried to find with no luck (including an email to Disney that has had no reply).

The African Stew from Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Anyone have it?

tigsmom

Originally posted by d'Isigny
How about Boatwright's Specialty...Jambalaya?

I've found very few recipes from Boatwright's. Jambalaya isn't one of them. Sorry.

Anyone going to visit soon?

barnum42

Originally posted by tigsmom
Can you tell me what was in it? I've found recipes from Jiko & Boma, but none from Mara.
Very tender chunks of meat, thick brown gravy and veggies, served in a bread bowl. You have to give it a try - it is the most tasty food I have ever had from a cardboard plate :slurp:

tigsmom

Originally posted by barnum42
Very tender chunks of meat, thick brown gravy and veggies, served in a bread bowl. You have to give it a try - it is the most tasty food I have ever had from a cardboard plate :slurp:

I'll try to get there to give it a try (and get the recipe). If anyone else has it or will be going there, soon we would love to add it to our list. :wave:

tigsmom

Originally posted by d'Isigny
I'll be having Jambalaya July 10th

Could you request the recipe and post it for us?

I have the master list of all posted, looks like I need a list of requests, too. :lol:

DarkImage4

FOLKS!!!

Thje recipe for Sticky Mickeys is being published in Godd Eating in the Orlando Sentinal TOMORROW Page 2

Since I do not live in Florida, and I'm unsure if it'll be on the websitew, can anyone grab a copy of the paper and post the recipe???

Thank you!!!!!

tigsmom

This is what is on the website...

Orlando Sentinal:

Sweet craving will find relief in a themed food attraction
Thought You'd Never Ask

June 9, 2004

Today's recipe request is for one of the not-so-hidden Mickeys at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Sticky Mickeys are a popular sweet treat that resembles the shape of the famous mouse's head.

For dining information, call 407-939-3463.

I've emailed Heather to find out what the recipe is.
:wave:

tigsmom

Originally posted by DarkImage4
So have I...

Boy, she's going to start to hate this NJ guy....

You'll be on the list with me. I asked for three separate things one day. She emailed me back..."Boy, you're on a roll!" :lol:

tigsmom

Just got an email from Heather...she will tell the "web guys" to fix the page to include the recipe! :sohappy:

I'll check back later and post it as soon as I find it. :wave:

DarkImage4

Disney's Contemporary Resort's Sticky Mickeys

Yield: 1 1/2 dozen.
1 cup water (warm)
4 teaspoon yeast
4 eggs
1 stick butter
5 cups bread flour
3/4 cup cake flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk powder
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup cinnamon sugar
Sugar Icing (see note)
Caramel sauce for serving (see note)

1. Heat oven to 380 F. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Let bloom for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except last butter and cinnamon sugar, and mix at low speed with electric mixer until smooth and elastic, about 10-12 minutes.

2. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk. Punch dough down, and cut into 56 (1-ounce) pieces using a scale. Roll dough into small balls.

3. Take three balls, hold together, dunk in melted butter, and press into cinnamon sugar. Place in large muffin pan, sugar side down. Let proof in warm area, until dough is doubled in size again. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Take out of muffin pan while still warm. Cool, and cover with icing.

4. To serve, place a Sticky Mickey on a plate. Slit down into the Mickey. Pour caramel sauce into slit.

How to make sugar icing: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2 tablespoons water until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth and runs in a ribbon when poured from a spoon.

How to make caramel sauce: Melt 1/2 stick butter in pan on medium heat. Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar; mix well. Add 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and continuously stir for 5 minutes. Stir with a whip and slowly add 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Once cream is added, continue to cook for 5 minutes. Keep warm.

I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!:sohappy: :king: :sohappy: :king:

DarkImage4

Originally posted by tigsmom
I was just going to post it! :lol: :kiss:

Sorry....

I couldn't help myself...BTW thanks for the extra help on getting this recipe....let's just hope that it lives up to the real thing!

SewIn2Disney

Mmmmmm:slurp: This is the best thread EVER!!

Here's my contribution:

Tye Dye Cheesecake from Pop Century Resort:

At the new Pop Century Resort at Walt DisneyWorld they serve a very colorful cheesecake based on the popular tie-dyed shirts of the 60's. It has red velvet cake for a bottom instead of the usual graham crust, adding to it's unique look.

Groovy Man!

Red Velvet Cake

1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoons cocoa
1 ounces red food coloring
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" springform
pan.
Cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring. Add the paste to the creamed mixture. Mix salt and vanilla in buttermilk and add alternately with the flour. Mix soda and vinegar separately, add last, folding in. Do not beat after adding soda mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool cake in pan.

Lower oven temperature to 325 deg F.

Cheesecake Filling

1 1/2 lb. Cream Cheese
1 1/3 C. Sugar
5 Large Eggs
16 oz. Sour Cream
1/4 C. Flour
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 tsp. Lemon Juice

* All above ingredients should be at room temperature before your begin.

Preparation:
Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep the mixer on a
low setting throughout the beating and mixing process. Add the sugar a little
at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat
after each egg. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese add flour,
vanilla and lemon juice, mix well. Add the sour cream last and beat well.

Divide the batter into 6 bowls and color each one:

purple
red
yellow
light blue
green
orange

Drop large spoonfuls of the colored batters randomly atop the red velvet cake
in the springform pan. Swirl each layer slightly. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degrees preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes. When time is up, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Let cool enough before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom