1 1/2 pounds millet flour
1/3 cup hulled millet
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 pounds water
1 teaspoon yeast

Method:

1. In a mixing bowl, take the yeast and add to water, mix.

2. In another mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.

3. Slowly incorporate yeast and water liquid into mix and mix well.

4. Let all rest in the bowl, covered and refrigerated.

5. Portion, let the dough rest a little longer and use it as you need.

6. Bake in 400º oven for about 10 minutes or until flaky and crispy.

TwoTigersMom

I can't remember the name of the appetizer I had, but it was at the CAlifornia Grill. It was a flatbread and had cheese and chicken, onions, bell peppers and I think Salsa Verde on it. It was soooo good I'd love that recipe if anyone knows what I'm talking about

tigsmom

The Grilled Chicken, Chipolta Crema, Caramelized Onions-Peppers, and Tomatillo Salsa ($11.99) sounds yummy. I haven't been able to find a recipe, but I'll keep looking. If anyone is going to the California Grill soon we would love it if you brought the recipe back for us. :wave:

Tenny317

Does anyone have any breakfast recipes?? I'm having mothers day brunch here and I wondered if there were more recipes than showed on the DIsney recipe website

tigsmom

Originally posted by Tenny317
Does anyone have any breakfast recipes?? I'm having mothers day brunch here and I wondered if there were more recipes than showed on the DIsney recipe website

Anything special that you have in mind?

ZHoyt

anyone have a recipe for the tavern punch from liberty tree tavern? i've seen a recipe for a lemon version of it in an old wdw cookbook, but never the orange one that I had a couple years ago.

also, what about some recipes from the yachtsmen steakhouse?

Tenny317

I honestly can't think of anything thats the problem! Haha...something that will feed alot of people but just not potatoes or eggs

tigsmom

Ok, this may take awhile...some recipes may already be posted, but its quicker to do it this way...

Tonga Toast

Kona Cafe
Polynesian Resort

Ingredients:

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
1 banana
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
oil or shortening for frying
whipped butter and/or syrup

Method:

Cut a 1-inch pocket in one side of each bread slice. Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise. Remove peel and stuff two pieces of fruit in each pocket of bread; set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Mix together well the egg, milk and vanilla.

Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350º F. Dip stuffed bread into egg/milk mixture and let it soak a few seconds to let penetrate bread. Fry bread on both sides in hot oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels or wire rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve.

tigsmom

Or maybe...

Breakfast Lasagna

Crystal Palace
Magic Kingdom

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

Pastry cream:
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 egg yolks
1-1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar

Method:

Make the pastry cream first:

1. In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt and milk over medium heat and cook stirring until mixture thickens.

2. In a small bowl with a fork, beat egg yolks slightly, beat small amount of milk mixture into yolks.

3. Slowly pour egg mixture back into milk mixture.

4. Stirring constantly, cook over medium low heat until mixture thickens.

5. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Chill cream until ready to use.

Assembly:
6 pancakes
6 waffles
1 pound of strawberries
8 ounces of blueberries
Put a thin layer of Pastry Cream in a pan, make a layer of waffles, put a layer of pastry cream. Cut strawberries into slices. Take half the strawberries and half the blueberries and make a layer of fruit. Top the fruit with a layer of pancakes, then layer of pastry cream. Garnish the lasagna with the rest of the strawberries and blueberries. Bake in a 350ºF oven for 20 minutes.

See Page 88 for detailed instructions

tigsmom

How about......

Cinderella's Cheese French Toast

Cinderella's Royal Table
Magic Kingdom

3 each eggs
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons baking powder
6 tablespoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 quart frying oil
6 each cheese Danish, cut into quarters

Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together and set aside. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together and add to egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

Bring Shortening to 375°. Dip cheese Danish in egg batter and place dipped bread in fryer until golden brown on one side and turn over to brown the other side. Roll in cinnamon/sugar and serve.

MouseMadness

Originally posted by tigsmom
How about......

Cinderella's Cheese French Toast

Cinderella's Royal Table
Magic Kingdom

3 each eggs
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons baking powder
6 tablespoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 quart frying oil
6 each cheese Danish, cut into quarters

Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together and set aside. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together and add to egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

Bring Shortening to 375°. Dip cheese Danish in egg batter and place dipped bread in fryer until golden brown on one side and turn over to brown the other side. Roll in cinnamon/sugar and serve.

That's the one I was gonna tell you to look for! That and the potatoes there are soooooooo :slurp:

tigsmom

How about a nice beverage?

Frunch
Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge

1 - 8 oz. can of frozen lemon juice
1 - 8 oz. can of frozen pineapple juice
1 - 8 oz can of frozen orange juice concentrate
12 oz. mango juice
6 oz. grenadine

Follow the package instructions on the frozen juice containers. Mix in a large bowl. Add the mango juice and grenadine.

Mix well and serve over ice in a tall glass.

ZHoyt

you should look into the stuffed french toast from disney's grand californian. delicious!! i think the recipe was in the january issue of disney magazine, you can probably find it easily online.

ltbeach

Originally posted by ZHoyt
you should look into the stuffed french toast from disney's grand californian. delicious!! i think the recipe was in the january issue of disney magazine, you can probably find it easily online.

caramel french toast from the grand californian is my favorate. I will be making it for my wife tomorrow.

for the caramel sauce:
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream

for the vanilla sauce:
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped

for the french toast
1 jumbo egg
1 cup whole milk
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter
8 pieces texas toast

make caramel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. add brown sugar and mix well. add cream and bring to simmer. keep warm until needed.

make vanilla sauce: whisk together the yolks and sugar in a small bowl. in a saucepan, bring the milk and vanilla beans to a low boil, then remove from heat. add a little of the heated milk to the egg mixture to temper it, then add the tempered egg mixture to the heated milk. simmer over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly thickened, but do not boil. transfer to an bowl and set aside in an ice bath.

in a shallow bowl, beat together egg, milk, and vanilla extract. place a large skillet over medium heat heat and add a tablespoon of butter. one at a time, dip the bread in the milk mixture and place in skillet. evenly brown both sides of the bread. transfer to a plate and spread a spoonful or two of vanilla sauce on one slice. top with second slice to create sandwiches. cut each sandwich in half diagonally. cover with a couple of spoonfuls of warm caramel sauce.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom