Recent photos of River Country

SallyfromDE

Anybody else notice on the local live site the amount of cars parked at RC now ????-wonder whos cars are parked there and why???
Imagineers maybe planning something new?????

Right next to this is the pavilion where they do the Mickeys Bar B Que. They use the rest room from RC and you can look right into RC. Where the cars are parked, I think is the horse barn or the petting zoo. The cars are probably just CM parking.

sweetale

I agree with whomever said it is reminiscent of one of those movies where people "discover" some forgotten treasure.

Didn't River Country operate just for Fort Wilderness guests for awhile, before it closed permanently?

That yellow tube looks so lonely.

Regarding the lifeguard issue...I work summers as a lifeguard, and the part about seeing the bottom of the swimming area is true. It's not considered safe otherwise, and lifeguards are actually supposed to close the area if they can't see the bottom (this becomes an issue at swim club type places that are open at night, but generally have poor lighting).

Its true that the bottom area of a pool must be visible, however, Ellis maintains different standards for beachfront lifeguarding. Obviously, beach front is not going to have the level of visibility that a chemically maintained pool would. Thus, Ellis (and Red Cross) utilize different techiniques for water safety. There is more dependence on body counting (maintaining a running count of who/how many are in the water at all times), and when searching for a "missing" swimmer", lifeguards (and some guests) will use the "walking line search". All participants will link arms and, in unison, use a sweeping motion with their legs to locate the victim. If the victim is located in water too deep for the walking line search, the mode of rescue may utilize boats and the snorkeling swim search.

I think the biggest issue here would be trainning. It takes a lot more to be trained as a beach front lifeguard than a pool lifeguard. It may be difficult to share staff with the other two parks. :wave:

~Amy

hauntdmansion79

I'll never forget my mom going down the steep slide that plunges into the main pool....she almost died and screemed her head off, my Mom doesn't do thrills very well (Rockin' Rollercoaster is a different story all together).

Seeing River Country is very sad. It's not often that Disney lets things sit and become delapitated like that (2000K was the same thing). It's offputting. However, the pictures are really fun to look at, it's like finding an old ghost town or something.

P.S. - My 100th post! Woo hoo! It only took me a little over 2 years:lookaroun

jarco

Great Pictures!

No I figured it out Disney is doing a new type of water park, an all natural swamp water park. They figured, close it for a about few years let everything grow up and around it and let the water get all the muck in it and then reopen it. Isn't it a wonderful idea. New campain "Swim in the great Florida swamp":ROFLOL: :lookaroun

cmatt

see - they need somewhere like rc imho - not exspensive (say £15 entry - ok thats about $29! er... $20)

somwhere chilled where people can escape..... :) spa treatments etc...

nice photos - im sure i went there in 94 but i cant remember (was it even open then?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom