Recent Ohana Menu Change

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
We're planning to go back to WDW in February. And every time we go, we eat at Ohana. We mostly enjoy the service, love the location and find the food is some of the best on property (of course, there are many other great locations).

Now, a while ago, when the menu at Ohana changed, people said that shrimp were now served in a skillet/basket/whatever. I'm pretty sure this was during the testing-phase. People also said the potatoes and the new dessert were good. I know that I like the sausage, because I remember it from long ago.

Anyway, according to the Ohana menu here, there are no shrimp. At all. Is this true? Because the shrimp made the meal for us. Even if the shrimp is done in a different style now, we'd still like it.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Spicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimpSpicy-sweet and sour shrimp

MSTINKHERBELL01

Yes, there is still shrimp HOWEVER instead of the old skewers they are brought in a bowl and you are able to ask for more. My girlfriend ate them (I hate seafood) and said they are still peel and eat and taste alot sweeter. Personally, I didnt care for the potatoes. However, we really enjoyed the dessert, turkey, and yummy chicken wings.

righttrack

I'm on the fence about the change, at least until I try it. I understand what is going on. I think they are trying to spread the meal out a bit, taking what was a 2 course meal and make it closer to a 3 course meal. The appetizer before was more side-dishes served early, rather than an appetizer course. I think the meal will appeal to more American tastes in the new format with the addition of the potatoes. We'll see, I guess.

KevinPage

Ok, so let me get this straight - shrimp is no longer served on the skewers? Just the beef & turkey?

And potatoes have been added to the lazy susan?

bgraham34

I can't wait to go back but I am sad that my Pineapples are good. My wife is sad too. I still love the Atmosphere especially seeing the castle at night.

jcat2312

We went to Ohana's in September, and we were not pleased at all with the meal. First, our plates were pretty dirty.. The appetizers were good.. I did love the wonton chips.

Our waitress brought us a skewer of pork and said right away that she thought it was still raw.. She proceeded to place the skewer to put the meat on the plate. The meat was raw on the inside... She took it back to get new meat but did not get me a new plate....

All in all, we would give it a 2 out of 10. My dh and I agreed that we would have rather eaten at Tony's again (which we loved)....

Laura

Premium Member
righttrack said:
I think they are trying to spread the meal out a bit,

You got that right. When we went a few weeks ago we spent most of the meal with empty plates, waiting 20 minutes at a time just to get a skewer of anything. The quality of that restaurant went down about 80% from the time we were there 9 months ago.

KevinPage

tigsmom said:
Kevin, where have you been? :lol: There was a heated thread about this not too long ago....
'Ohana Dinner Menu
I'll try to find a link to the original thread. :wave:
EDIT: Here you go!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=62378&highlight='Ohana

Thanks. I've been MIA somewhat, since I took the summer months off (not visiting the parks) had less interest to post on the boards for whatever reason. I always lurked though. But since we've been the last 2 weeks, things are ramping up again.

Good to know the changes at O'Hana isn't as bad at people were flipping out about.

And why the hatred over bread pudding? If made properly is awesome. Granted, I'll miss the pineapple and the unique touches, but I honestly can believe the manager, who called AMartin, - most people complain over the stupiest and craziest things, not realizing that if you eat at a Polynesian place, you are not going to get burgers and fries. I wonder how long people have complained about being screwed by not having a fat laden sugar induced dessert? Granted I'm sure this wasn't the ONLY decision. Who cared if people complained if the place was always packed. But if they felt they could kill 2 birds with 1 stone - save $$ & make more people happy, whynot try it. If people complain about no pineapple, they can always change back.

With the recent changes to add more food variety in the Magic Kingdom this is a HUGE step in the right direction. The pannini I had at Pinnochio's last week was fabulous.

If the Noodle Station was every open, that along with Pinnochio's & Pirato are 3 changes to get away from just "burger, fries & chicken fingers".

AEfx

The potatos are actually REALLY yummy. Like, really. I blew a whole week's worth of carbs eating there, LOL.

Actually, I'd be happy with just that and the steak they serve.

MMMMgood.......

AEfx

shoppingnut

KevinPage said:
And why the hatred over bread pudding?

It's slop in a dish :hurl: . At least the pineapples were healthy and good for you. Okay if you chose to put carmel on them may be not so much, but still less fattening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom