Recent Fantasmic Experience?

216bruce

I'm really not understanding how this works without reserved seats.
You get to go in first. That's it. We used a F+ a couple of weeks a go for F!. If the park is packed and you want to stand in a line a shorter time and get a decent (center or up front) seat because you just want that, then it's worth it. If none of those apply and you like thrill rides, then no- not worth it.

ToTBellHop

You get to go in first. That's it. We used a F+ a couple of weeks a go for F!. If the park is packed and you want to stand in a line a shorter time and get a decent (center or up front) seat because you just want that, then it's worth it. If none of those apply and you like thrill rides, then no- not worth it.
How is that possible? You show up for FP as late as 15 min before showtime. No one is going into the theater until 15 min before showtime?

216bruce

How is that possible? You show up for FP as late as 15 min before showtime. No one is going into the theater until 15 min before showtime?
When we were in line with our FP+ we went in before the standby line. Going in first lets you sit wherever you want, but most folks went to the "Mickey" section (middle). The show started at the posted time and there was quite a wait, but we waited in seats that were selected before the standby line's seats.

rufio

Original Poster
When we were in line with our FP+ we went in before the standby line. Going in first lets you sit wherever you want, but most folks went to the "Mickey" section (middle). The show started at the posted time and there was quite a wait, but we waited in seats that were selected before the standby line's seats.

My FP+ is for like, 20 minutes before the show starts and I'm almost positive that they let everyone in before that.

216bruce

I dunno then. I'll assume you have a "saved" section. We went in at the start time of the FastPass+ window, got the best seat I've ever had for the show, waited a bit and had a great time. I'd estimate our wait at 20 minutes or so.

G00fyDad

My FP+ is for like, 20 minutes before the show starts and I'm almost positive that they let everyone in before that.

Yes. We were let in about 30 minutes or more before the show's official time. It takes a long time to get everyone seated. Even then it may have been another 20 minutes after that before the show started. They had three CM's at the front pumping up the crowd with jokes and song garbage. It seemed like forever before the show started. My butt was already numb from that aluminum bench seat before it began.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The Mickey section is for Fantasmic Dining as of 11/5/13 when we were there. We were there 10 minutes before show time with Fantasmic dining and the CMs did not want to let us into the Dining Section. They said it was full even though we could see seats. I had to put my foot down and tell them we had been promised seats in the Dining section they let us in and basically told me good luck getting a seat. Maybe if they had turned around and looked they could have seen the empty spots instead of assuming it was full. We were maybe 5 rows from the back but there was enough space for at least 10 people in just that one spot. No one was saving it or anything. we could see other gaps too that were never filled in before the show started.

Rob562

If they've stopped roping off a section strictly for FP+, I would assume that it now acts as a "guaranteed entry" type thing. They know the capacity of the theater. They then subtract however many FP+ reservations they made.
The regular theater entrance then becomes like a giant Standby line. When they reach that calculated reduced-capacity number of people entered through the regular turnstile counters they'd stop people entering the theater without FP+ or Dining Package until 15 minutes before showtime (the cutoff time on the FP+ reservation). At that point they'd then let Standby people in to finish filling in the available spaces.

So FP+ guarantees you *a* seat, just not where that seat is.
(All this is supposition based on various posts I've read on here)

-Rob

Becky

We arrived at the earliest time our FP+ allowed and the seats were 90% full. We were seated at the far left which is also what the signs for FP+ indicated. We always had much better seats using the standby lines.

216bruce

We arrived at the earliest time our FP+ allowed and the seats were 90% full. We were seated at the far left which is also what the signs for FP+ indicated. We always had much better seats using the standby lines.
I don't get that at all. Maybe there's different sets of entry times. If that's the case, then it appears a later time is pretty worthless.

I don't think it's worth it... I mean its an okay show and I really like the ending... But the rest needs some work! Since u only get 3 fast pass choices I would just get to fanstSmic early if you want to see it and not waste one of your selections! Especially Since you have to get there early anyways I don't see much of a point in reserving it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom